Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top returners in 2024 in the 14th region
Just for fun im gonna list 15 players in no particular order, tell me your first team, second team , and third team..  If you think i left someone off, put them down as honorable mention...   There is a reason for this, so play along  

AUSTIN SPERRY  BREATHITT
PEYTON DIXON  LETCHER
KIZER SLONE PERRY
JAYDEN HUFF LETCHER
HUNTER HADDIX KNOTT
SETH CAUDILL HAZARD
CARTER CASTLE PERRY
TRAYTON WOODS  PERRY
DRAKE SLONE KNOTT
EVIN EVERSOLE HAZARD
RYDGE BEVERLY  PERRY
SKYLER RITCHIE UNKNOWN
JACOB MCCOY BUCKHORN
KENNY ROSE ESTILL
COREY FLINCHUM JACKSON CITY
Maybrier Estill County.
Riddell Estill County.

Estill only lost Benton last year but it was a big loss.
Austin Sperry
Jayden Huff
Kizer Slone
Peyton Dixon
Rydge Beverly

Trayton Woods
Seth Caudill
Skyler Ritchie
Brady Boggs (added)
Corey Flinchum
Drake Slone

Evin Eversole
Carter Castle
Hunter Haddix
Issac Bellamy (added)
Kenneth Rose
Jacob McCoy
First Team
Rydge Beverly - PCC
Austin Sperry -Breathitt
Seth Caudill - Hazard
Trayton Woods - Perry
Dixon - LCC
(05-15-2023, 03:50 PM)Diablo Wrote: First Team
Rydge Beverly - PCC
Austin Sperry -Breathitt
Seth Caudill - Hazard
Trayton Woods - Perry
Dixon - LCC
this based on last years numbers, or just player potential?

(05-15-2023, 03:20 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Austin Sperry
Jayden Huff
Kizer Slone
Peyton Dixon
Rydge Beverly

Trayton Woods
Seth Caudill
Skyler Ritchie
Brady Boggs (added)
Corey Flinchum
Drake Slone

Evin Eversole
Carter Castle
Hunter Haddix
Issac Bellamy (added)
Kenneth Rose
Jacob McCoy
based on last years numbers or just player potential?
Based on being the best players. Duh
(05-15-2023, 07:42 PM)Diablo Wrote: Based on being the best players.  Duh
ok so based on your opinion   theres is a reason behind this, if i get enough responses i can get it finished
From watching the games this season those are my best picks. All the 15 kids you mentioned are good players. Opinions don’t mean much.
(05-16-2023, 11:54 AM)Diablo Wrote: From watching the games this season those are my best picks.  All the 15 kids you mentioned are good players.  Opinions don’t mean much.
Rose & Bradenburg for Powell will be tough to deal with, pretty good combo
Better Learn how to win some at Powell.
(05-17-2023, 04:52 PM)Diablo Wrote: Better Learn how to win some at Powell.
Yep. I think something big may happen there before the season.
(05-17-2023, 05:15 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 04:52 PM)Diablo Wrote: Better Learn how to win some at Powell.
Yep. I think something big may happen there before the season.
I heard a rumor that a couple of Powell’s players may be transferring to Wolfe for next year. But the guy who mentioned it to me empathized it may be one of those off-season pieces of news that people start for the heck of it to stir the pot and that have no validity.
Powells players wouldn’t help Wolfe all that much. They can combine and still not beat Perry. Perry is the team to beat next year. If Sperry gets some help then things may change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
(05-15-2023, 10:50 AM)the gambler Wrote: Just for fun im gonna list 15 players in no particular order, tell me your first team, second team , and third team..  If you think i left someone off, put them down as honorable mention...   There is a reason for this, so play along  

AUSTIN SPERRY  BREATHITT
PEYTON DIXON  LETCHER
KIZER SLONE PERRY
JAYDEN HUFF LETCHER
HUNTER HADDIX KNOTT
SETH CAUDILL HAZARD
CARTER CASTLE PERRY
TRAYTON WOODS  PERRY
DRAKE SLONE KNOTT
EVIN EVERSOLE HAZARD
RYDGE BEVERLY  PERRY
SKYLER RITCHIE UNKNOWN
JACOB MCCOY BUCKHORN
KENNY ROSE ESTILL
COREY FLINCHUM JACKSON CITY

Kentuckiana Hoops Mountain Camp Saturday May 27th!!
(05-20-2023, 12:31 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Powells players wouldn’t help Wolfe all that much.  They can combine and still not beat Perry.  Perry is the team to beat next year.  If Sperry gets some help then things may change.
Rose or Brandenburg of Powell would be a big boost for any team in the 14th. Those two are good, solid players.
(05-20-2023, 12:31 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Powells players wouldn’t help Wolfe all that much. They can combine and still not beat Perry. Perry is the team to beat next year. If Sperry gets some help then things may change.

You said on the girls page that Knott was No. 1 until proven otherwise.
I agree this time though. I think Perry will come in No. 1 this year. I thought Breathitt would be ranked No. 1 this time last year.
(05-20-2023, 12:31 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Powells players wouldn’t help Wolfe all that much.  They can combine and still not beat Perry.  Perry is the team to beat next year.  If Sperry gets some help then things may change.
Sperry has more than enough help to beat Perry
(05-21-2023, 11:02 PM)Night Train Wrote:
Sperry has more than enough help to beat Perry
like who?
Sky Ritchie for one. Issac Bellamy for two.
I don’t see any Powell players leaving with the addition of upcoming freshman Flinchum from Jackson City. Even with the new addition, I don’t see them as a top 5 team in the region. Just my opinion.
I don’t see how going to Powell is much of a improvement for Flinchum. Powell has 2 established leaders in Rose and Brandenburg. Someone is going to lose a lot of shots, that might cause some issues. Powell played really good team ball in the district tournament and sometimes adding players can have a big impact on the team chemistry.
Why not go to Breathitt if you’re Flinchum?
I didn’t realize Flinchum had transferred to Powell. Adding him to Rose and Brandenburg, who was this year’s district tournament MVP, will definitely give the Pirates another step up the regional ladder. I think they only lost 1 senior who played very much off last year’s team and have all their key players returning. One thing they do lack is size. I don’t think they have any kids who are over 6’1, 6’2 range in height.
(05-22-2023, 10:55 PM)Diablo Wrote: Sky Ritchie for one.  Issac Bellamy for two.
If skylar goes, he will help, but hes not a game changer, he and Bellamy are not near enough to win this region, they better reload..  Its perry, Letcher, and Knott county next year   thats the top 3

(05-23-2023, 04:58 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: Why not go to Breathitt if you’re Flinchum?
obvious reasons
You give Breathitt Skylar Ritchie; that’s about all Sperry needs.
(05-24-2023, 04:35 PM)the gambler Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 10:55 PM)Diablo Wrote: Sky Ritchie for one.  Issac Bellamy for two.
If skylar goes, he will help, but hes not a game changer, he and Bellamy are not near enough to win this region, they better reload..  Its perry, Letcher, and Knott county next year   thats the top 3

(05-23-2023, 04:58 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: Why not go to Breathitt if you’re Flinchum?
obvious reasons

Why?  Because he can’t put up 30 shots a game at Breathitt but can at Powell?  I thought it was all about winning but I guess not.  SMH.
Everybody wants to switch every where and be the man. 1000’s of points means jack without being a winner. There are some, but very few players talked about regularly to this day that didn’t win the region.
Skylar ain't game changer Wolfe one for 7 after he left ????