Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP ALL-STATE TEAM ANNOUNCED
1st team

Curtis Pul.ley(sorry for the . but his last name won't pass through filter)
Jarod Carter
JA Juan Spillman
Aaron Cash
Domonique Tilford

2nd team

Maurice Grinter
Blake Hubbs
Wil Reeves
Brennan Votel
Aaron Dunaway
Ravon Lee

3rd team

Keaton Belcher
Kyle Saxton
Zach Berry
Landon Slone
Aaron Branham

Curtis Pul.ley and Dominic Tillford were voted Co-Players of the year.

And it was also announced on WKYT that Paintsville's Landon Slone is the first freshman to ever be recognized as an all-state player in this state.
Thats great that there were 2 people from the 15th on there even if it was 3rd team. I think we all know if you are from the 15th that you would probably have to put up like 35 points and 10 assists a game to be on first team due to the fact everyone thinks its such a weak region.
It is a weak region but there are some very good players in this weak region...
Aaron Branham on 3rd team all state? Kinda shocking to me. He was a good player, but not 3rd team all state.
I knew Landon was on the third team , first one since mike hall at south floyd as a junior, 2nd team as senior, which i am sure Landon will be.
Saw burnett Little(sf), brad lowe(pc), eric slone(Er), and tought Arron Branham (Er) on honorable mention.
Congrats to all five 15th region seniors.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Aaron Branham on 3rd team all state? Kinda shocking to me. He was a good player, but not 3rd team all state.

That's what I was thinkin. Who does Cash play for?
I know Slone is very good, but how can Bentley be placed underneath him? He wasnt even honorable mention and he is one of the best players in the region.
Congrats to Slone and Branham.
Well brad lowe isnt a senior guys. He's a junior. I think he'll make it next year. I didnt think aaron branham shouldve made this list. I might've put Kris Bentley in his place. He went further than branham did. Bentley made his team win while branham would score 25 to 30 points and lose.