Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jones named Clay County Coach
(04-17-2023, 09:57 AM)FallRock Wrote: Board was stuck between a rock and a boulder. Hire one of the locals with no experience and you would be criticized for "the good ole boy system" (look at Corbin) or hire a coach with experience. Hibbard is a real good guy, doesn't make him a real good coach. If he's as loyal as you say I hope to see him on the bench along with Jones. I don't care who the coach is, we need to rally behind the kids and support everyone or it would be a huge injustice to our youth.

If Jones lets those guys on the bench after all the Facebook stuff then he's just asking for disaster.
[-] The following 2 users Like fridaynightfights's post:
  • FallRock, nedreader
The people in Clay are more ignorant than I thought based on the FB posts, etc. They get on FB and condemn parents who act childish at elementary basketball games then get on FB and act like teenagers when they don’t get what they want. On a serious note, it’s scary to think JH and TP could’ve been in the top 3 for job consideration. If either wants the job why don’t they take the OBI job or a varsity girls job and see what they’re made of. I guess people have never heard of working their way up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nedreader's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
(04-17-2023, 12:53 PM)nedreader Wrote: The people in Clay are more ignorant than I thought based on the FB posts, etc.  They get on FB and condemn parents who act childish at elementary basketball games then get on FB and act like teenagers when they don’t get what they want.  On a serious note, it’s scary to think JH and TP could’ve been in the top 3 for job consideration.  If either wants the job why don’t they take the OBI job or a varsity girls job and see what they’re made of.  I guess people have never heard of working their way up.
Lets see....outside of coach Keith I don't think one person wouldn't say that Robert Marcum has been the 2nd best coach Clay County as ever had........what experience coaching did he have?????  Oh yea NONE.......So to say this guy was the best choice because the others had no experience is irrevelant.....They had nothing to lose giving it to someone who has put years into Clay County and they had that with either of the other choices.  I was not a Glenn Gray supporter by any means and still think he wasn't a good coach but you didn't have to worry about your kids while he was coaching.  He took care of them and never put them in harms way.  Can't say the same about Jones......Why did he resign from his job in Harlan and let his brother Kyle take over????  Was he sleeping around with a players mom because that is what I heard and I would consider that a rumor......but the other stuff going around like I said before.....is 100% true and this is who they chose.  Absolutely a disgrace to the county and to the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cchsfan4life's post:
  • Houndsmam1947
(04-17-2023, 12:53 PM)nedreader Wrote: The people in Clay are more ignorant than I thought based on the FB posts, etc.  They get on FB and condemn parents who act childish at elementary basketball games then get on FB and act like teenagers when they don’t get what they want.  On a serious note, it’s scary to think JH and TP could’ve been in the top 3 for job consideration.  If either wants the job why don’t they take the OBI job or a varsity girls job and see what they’re made of.  I guess people have never heard of working their way up.

it's not everyone in clay county. Some of us can handle emotions and are ecstatic about this hire. Clay needed a fresh start from the past few years, no way you can justify hiring someone off of that bench with all the actions and poor play the past couple years. JD or TC had more experience and success than the two you mentioned if you're looking for a good grade school coach. Don't be fooled, it was Sizemore or Jones from day 1.
Robert Marcum was an exception to the rule and there were people irate that TP didn’t get the job then.
(04-17-2023, 01:44 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
Lets see....outside of coach Keith I don't think one person wouldn't say that Robert Marcum has been the 2nd best coach Clay County as ever had........what experience coaching did he have?????  Oh yea NONE.......So to say this guy was the best choice because the others had no experience is irrevelant.....They had nothing to lose giving it to someone who has put years into Clay County and they had that with either of the other choices.  I was not a Glenn Gray supporter by any means and still think he wasn't a good coach but you didn't have to worry about your kids while he was coaching.  He took care of them and never put them in harms way.  Can't say the same about Jones......Why did he resign from his job in Harlan and let his brother Kyle take over????  Was he sleeping around with a players mom because that is what I heard and I would consider that a rumor......but the other stuff going around like I said before.....is 100% true and this is who they chose.  Absolutely a disgrace to the county and to the program.
Best fit, though, for a disgraceful county.
Trolling is when someone post or comments online to deliberately upset others. In short: Trolling is when someone deliberately tries to upset others online. Trolling can lead to a pile on, when others join in the attack. Don't feed the trolls – responding is likely to make things worse.
Has there been any chatter about who will be on his staff?
any staff news or schdule news
(04-24-2023, 07:42 PM)nedreader Wrote: Has there been any chatter about who will be on his staff?
Rumor is Bill Cosby and R Kelly will be on staff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cchsfan4life's post:
  • Old School Hound
The previous coach was very similar to Bill Cosby except he didn’t need medication. If you know you know…
(04-26-2023, 10:00 AM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
(04-24-2023, 07:42 PM)nedreader Wrote: Has there been any chatter about who will be on his staff?
Rumor is Bill Cosby and R Kelly will be on staff.

Matt Gaetz has been added to oversee off-campus activities for the kids.   Just a mess!!!
Jerrod Roark from Williamsburg has enrolled at Clay. Will be a junior. Averaged 21 and 6 last year.
(04-17-2023, 01:44 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
It’s basketball not “Days of our lives” who cares who the man sleeps with. He can coach basketball and Clay County will fall in love with him once those Wins start coming in. You people crack me up because sleeping with women is normal but losing isn’t normal in clay county basketball so buckle up and visit fantasy world because Basketball is about to get good in Clay County.
Jesus Christ would have a hard time pleasing all the mom and daddy grade school coaching parents that set up in the bleachers at the high school games. Good luck a Coach Jones, you will need it.
(07-31-2023, 01:30 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Jesus Christ would have a hard time pleasing all the mom and daddy grade school coaching parents that set up in the bleachers at the high school games.  Good luck a Coach Jones, you will need it.
Coach Jones will do a good job if he can get the parents to buy into his system.  But if he can’t get that to happen and he buys into some of their ways as in the past he has problems!! Wish him luck!
(08-01-2023, 01:26 PM)Chapin Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 01:30 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Jesus Christ would have a hard time pleasing all the mom and daddy grade school coaching parents that set up in the bleachers at the high school games.  Good luck a Coach Jones, you will need it.
Coach Jones will do a good job if he can get the parents to buy into his system.  But if he can’t get that to happen and he buys into some of their ways as in the past he has problems!! Wish him luck!

I think the parents are going to be the problem, you can only have 5 on the floor at a time and with the Roark kid coming back a player or two is guaranteed to lose significant playing time. How those lumps are taken will tell a lot about how successful Clay will be this year.
My gosh…who cares if all the parents buy in? That’s the problem with the program and the reason not many go on to play in college or struggle beyond graduation. Mommy and daddy can’t protect you and/or make a way for you all your life! Grow up people! Heck, Clay has been abysmal for the last couple of years so there’s probably several that need to sit the bench quite a bit. Better yet, load up a van and take the disgruntled around the 13th region and see how many want little junior on their team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nedreader's post:
  • AdsFanatic
Nice hire for Clay
Clay is looking good, 13th is about to be put on notice!
(09-16-2023, 09:23 AM)FallRock Wrote: Clay is looking good, 13th is about to be put on notice!
 Football season is over. Does BB start on the 15th of October ? That's next week !!
I never thought this administration could get someone worse than Gray but they have proved me wrong again… whatsapp mod
watch tv series