Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomorrow games
Well lets see how this goes.   Tomorrows games.

Woodford Co comes in a higher ranking of the two and I think they can play a little def.   I don't know that they get much further but for this game I like Woodford Co over Etown

Warren Central taking on Ashland.   I truthfully know very little about Ashland.  I am sure the 16th region guys can tell me more.  However I have seen WC play and I know they don't have a ton of size but they have some big bodies.   Pretty athletic and they play well as a team.   I think that Ashland keeps this a little closer than most would think.   I think those boys want to prove they can play.   After all, all they have heard this year is how great Boyd Co was.   I hate it but I will go with WC

Douglas and Male.   Looking at Males losses tipped this for me.   I like Douglas in what I think will be a tough def kinda game played in the high 60's to lower 60's

Lyon Co vs either NL or GRC.   I have seen em all play.   Lyon has beaten NL this season.   It lost to Mason Co and well GRC handled Mason on its home court to make it to the dance.   If NL wins tonight I like Lyon Co tomorrow.   If its GRC I think they have a little more and being a 10th region homer I will go against what my heart tells me could very well happen.   So Lyon if it's NL and GRC if they win tonight.   

But great games all the way around.

I like Douglas in what I think will be a tough def kinda game played in the high 50's to lower 60's
I think I'm with you on all of them: Woodford Co., Warren Central, Douglass, and George Rogers Clark.

I really like Edlen and think Male and Douglass will be the best of those games-- either team can win. I thought Male was a bit undersized, but so is Douglass. Should be a track meet and may come down to who is deeper. Neither were really tested today and got a game to go out and get loose, get rid of the nerves, etc.

I felt coming into the tournament that Jasper Johnson could use this as a launching pad. I may be a bit higher in Woodford County than others. Don't know that they beat Warren Central, and it isn't a given that they beat E-town tomorrow (it should be a really good game), but I like them.

Was really impressed with George Rogers Clark. It isn't a stretch to see them beating anyone if they play like they did most of the night.

Didn't get to see enough of Warren Central last night to really gauge much about them past what I'd already seen. By the time I had a chance to tune in, they were running away with it. I still think that you have to say they are the favorite, because I don't see any of the other teams in the top challenging them whereas I could see any of three teams in the bottom getting to the final and they'll be softened up when they get there.
(03-17-2023, 02:18 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: I think I'm with you on all of them: Woodford Co., Warren Central, Douglass, and George Rogers Clark.

I really like Edlen and think Male and Douglass will be the best of those games-- either team can win. I thought Male was a bit undersized, but so is Douglass. Should be a track meet and may come down to who is deeper. Neither were really tested today and got a game to go out and get loose, get rid of the nerves, etc.

I felt coming into the tournament that Jasper Johnson could use this as a launching pad. I may be a bit higher in Woodford County than others. Don't know that they beat Warren Central, and it isn't a given that they beat E-town tomorrow (it should be a really good game), but I like them.

Was really impressed with George Rogers Clark. It isn't a stretch to see them beating anyone if they play like they did most of the night.

Didn't get to see enough of Warren Central last night to really gauge much about them past what I'd already seen. By the time I had a chance to tune in, they were running away with it. I still think that you have to say they are the favorite, because I don't see any of the other teams in the top challenging them whereas I could see any of three teams in the bottom getting to the final and they'll be softened up when they get there.
I was certainly impressed by GRC tonight against North Laurel. They controlled the boards and when they attacked the rim they was getting to it with little or no effort of defense in the paint. I’d like to see a couple replays but it looked like when Morton and Parrish went to the rim a couple times that North kids moved out of way instead of fouling GRC players. 2nd half a little better physical presence. GRC won’t be an easy out by any means. Fun tournament so far and my pic is Warren Central to cut the nets down..
I was at there only loss that WC had against Madison Central. I felt that they had a really had a hard time with Centrals length which was really only 1 player and speed. They looked way out of sorts.

I think that FD, Male, GRC aret the types of teams that WC could really struggle with. Especially GRC.

GIven that FD has played many games defense wise in the 50's this year and beat a really good Lex Cath in the 11th region championship keeping it in the 40's that is where I see them tonight.

I look for Woodford to play really strong team defense today. If you look at there scores they have really embarrased a few really talented teams keeping them in the 30th and 40's. That is what I invision today against Etown. I think that will be the lowest scoring game of the day.

GRC and Lyon is going to be a dandy of a game. Once again I think its a shame that Lyon, GRC and NL got put in the same brackets to play days 1 and 2. I think those are kinda majical matchups coming the final day. Lyon or NL or GRC kind of games just breed a championship you talk about 40 years later.