Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many Johnson Central Players Are Originally From Out Of County?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Welch lives just across the county line and has always attended the Johnson County School system. He attended WR Castle Elementary.

So this whole thread is over a grand total of 2 out of county kids that transferred in?Rolleyes

What is the big deal. Very few schools do not have players from other counties or outside their district. Landon Slone came to Paintsville from Floyd County. Also, Daniel Meade lives at Flat Gap and Justin Murray lives at Lick Fork and plays for the Tigers. Just let the kids enjoy their high school years and have fun playing ball.
THOMCAT Wrote:What is the big deal. Very few schools do not have players from other counties or outside their district. Landon Slone came to Paintsville from Floyd County. Also, Daniel Meade lives at Flat Gap and Justin Murray lives at Lick Fork and plays for the Tigers. Just let the kids enjoy their high school years and have fun playing ball.

This is a thread about JC Football...Not Paintsville Basketball. So let's not drag these boys into it. The way I see it. If the KHSAA says that the kids going there or any other school Are ligit. Who gives a ****. Any time you have a team that starts doing well in any sports, people are going to start picking at them. EVERY SCHOOL has kids that aren't from there county going to there school.
THOMCAT Wrote:What is the big deal. Very few schools do not have players from other counties or outside their district. Landon Slone came to Paintsville from Floyd County. Also, Daniel Meade lives at Flat Gap and Justin Murray lives at Lick Fork and plays for the Tigers. Just let the kids enjoy their high school years and have fun playing ball.

Try to read what I typed.There is no big deal. That is the point I was trying to make.You just repeated what I said.
OffTheHook Wrote:This is a thread about JC Football...Not Paintsville Basketball. So let's not drag these boys into it. The way I see it. If the KHSAA says that the kids going there or any other school Are ligit. Who gives a ****. Any time you have a team that starts doing well in any sports, people are going to start picking at them. EVERY SCHOOL has kids that aren't from there county going to there school.

Sorry, was in a hurry. lol "their"
I believe the Hall kid referred to is Josh Hall who moved to JCMS during Christmas Break from Magoffin County, of his 7th grade year. So I don't know if you would call him a transfer since he was an athlete in the middle school.

I was told by his father it didn't have to do with football, but a confrontation with the basketball coach at MCMS

That brings us down to one!
Keepnitreal Wrote:I believe the Hall kid referred to is Josh Hall who moved to JCMS during Christmas Break from Magoffin County, of his 7th grade year. So I don't know if you would call him a transfer since he was an athlete in the middle school.

I was told by his father it didn't have to do with football, but a confrontation with the basketball coach at MCMS

That brings us down to one!

Not that it matters. But he came over his 8th Grade year after football from Harold Whitaker.
This needs to be closed, this is just an excuse for schools around JC who don't have the success they do to take shots @ them. Personally who cares if someone goes to a certain school for athletics, as long as there is no recruiting involved. Its the player and his family's choice. If that is what they deem important to them. Its not like there's a huge difference @ these county schools in Academics anyways. If your worried about Academics come to Russell or Raceland.
EkyLb Wrote:This needs to be closed, this is just an excuse for schools around JC who don't have the success they do to take shots @ them. Personally who cares if someone goes to a certain school for athletics, as long as there is no recruiting involved. Its the player and his family's choice. If that is what they deem important to them. Its not like there's a huge difference @ these county schools in Academics anyways. If your worried about Academics come to Russell or Raceland.

I agree this topic has ran its course.