Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 64 Corbin 59 (50th District Championship)
Cards  take the district at  the DOT in South London .
(02-24-2023, 10:33 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Cards  take the district at  the DOT in South London .

I’ll say it again, Davis best coach in 13th Region hands down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • 64SUR
(02-25-2023, 12:15 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 10:33 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Cards  take the district at  the DOT in South London .

Yep. And I'll say it again. He's never seen a call that went against him that he didn't act like it was the travesty of all travesties. 

Corbin broadcast team , Dickerson and Worley, railed againt the officiating all game long.  In Pietrowki's post-game how, they tried to get P to take the bait and b!ich about the officials but he refused the invitation.

I'm never surprised at the horrid officiating at the Den of Thieves.  Davis is the modern-day Bobby Keith. He intimidates officials to get home court calls. Keith is the only coach that I ever saw stick something in the pocket of a referee. (I think Clay won something like 120 consecutive games at home while Bob was coach) . I wonder if Davis resorts to that s well.

Agree 100% Davis is no doubt the best coach in that district and likely the whole region. The guy knows how to win basketball games, often times against more talented teams.

South Laurel has now won 5 district titles in a row with a record in that time against Corbin somewhere around 14-1. The cheating refs at home theory doesn’t hold a lot of water unless Davis gets calls at everyone else’s court too.
[-] The following 3 users Like fansville's post:
  • 64SUR, Cactus Jack, Playcaller66
(02-25-2023, 01:51 AM)fansville Wrote:

Agree 100% Davis is no doubt the best coach in that district and likely the whole region. The guy knows how to win basketball games, often times against more talented teams.

South Laurel has now won 5 district titles in a row with a record in that time against Corbin somewhere around 14-1. The cheating refs at home theory doesn’t hold a lot of water unless Davis gets calls at everyone else’s court too.

He gets the at the DOT, though.

The only time I have seen Davis thoroughly outcoached was against Glenn Gray in the region a couple of year ago when Clay upset the South Laurel team in the 13th region quarters. Gray tied Davis' team in knots.

I agree that 14 wins in 15 games should be getting highly embarrassing to Pietrowski.  14 of 15 is inexcuseable.

Btw, why is that old fool, Johnny Crawford , on the Corbin bench? He has no business there.  I remember watching him try to play when he was in high school. His dad, JL Crawford , would sit right behind the Corbin bench and yell out instructions to his boy. Johnny wouldn't listen to the coach at all.

Get the old fool off your bench, Tony.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Playcaller66
(02-25-2023, 01:58 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

The only time I have seen Davis thoroughly outcoached was against Glenn Gray in the region a couple of year ago when Clay upset the South Laurel team in the 13th region quarters. Gray tied Davis' team in knots.

I agree that 14 wins in 15 games should be getting highly embarrassing to Pietrowski.  14 of 15 is inexcuseable.

Btw, why is that old fool, Johnny Crawford , on the Corbin bench? He has no business there.  I remember watching him try to play when he was in high school. His dad, JL Crawford , would sit right behind the Corbin bench and yell out instructions to his boy. Johnny wouldn't listen to the coach at all.

It’s getting old honestly. I don’t have a clue why Crawford or West is sitting on bench. But this business of keeping parents happy with Playing time is exactly why we can’t win district in basketball. Davis has spanked us 14 out of last 15 games and it’s pitiful and embarrassing. Let Coach P Coach Football and Greer Coach Basketball and we get same outcome, Davis beats Greer and Haddix beats Pietrowski. Corbin could get a first round exit at the arena Shameful I tell you..
(02-25-2023, 03:04 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 01:58 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

It’s getting old honestly. I don’t have a clue why Crawford or West is sitting on bench. But this business of keeping parents happy with Playing time is exactly why we can’t win district in basketball. Davis has spanked us 14 out of last 15 games and it’s pitiful and embarrassing. Let Coach P Coach Football and Greer Coach Basketball and we get same outcome, Davis beats Greer and Haddix beats Pietrowski. Corbin could get a first round exit at the arena Shameful I tell you..

TRUTH !  ... every word!
Congratulations Cardinals!!!