Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking ahead: Class 5A 2023
Class 5A
West
1- Apollo, Graves County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County, Owensboro
2- Bowling Green, Greenwood, Ohio County, South Warren
3- Atherton, Butler, Fairdale, Iroquois
4- Bullitt Central, Grayson County, Moore, North Bullitt, Seneca

East
5- Anderson County, Collins, Scott County, South Oldham, Woodford County
6- Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Scott
7- East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, West Jessamine
8- Harlan County, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

Thoughts on East and West teams, who is the top teams in class 5A?
Flip a coin.. Bowling Green and Scott Co
Other contenders- Woodford Co and Highlands.
(02-17-2023, 07:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Class 5A
West
1- Apollo, Graves County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County, Owensboro
2- Bowling Green, Greenwood, Ohio County, South Warren
3- Atherton, Butler, Fairdale, Iroquois
4- Bullitt Central, Grayson County, Moore, North Bullitt, Seneca

East
5- Anderson County, Collins, Scott County, South Oldham, Woodford County
6- Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Scott
7- East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, West Jessamine
8- Harlan County, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

Thoughts on East and West teams, who is the top teams in class 5A?
Bowling Green, Scott Co, Owensboro, South Warren. Cooper, Highlands, Woodford Co
Top Tier

Bowling Green, Scott Co, Owensboro

I personally believe one of the three will be crowned. Would have to be a strong upset or two to see someone replacing one of these teams.

Striking Distance

Cooper, Highlands, Woodford Co, South Warren

I was close to leaving South Warren off the list just because of what I know within the city and the talent they have, but I can't ever just knock a Brandon Smith led team off the radar. The rest of the three are formidable, and i'll be interested to see how the season progresses for each.

Potential Sleepers

Pulaski, Southwestern, Graves Co

I think the lower end of the top 10-12 teams is kind of on the weak side in this class. I personally don't see any of these teams getting past the third round but hey it is why they play the game. You could probably take 5-6 teams in this category, toss them in a hat, and make a case for why they could be a sleeper.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fade's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(02-18-2023, 12:09 PM)Fade Wrote: Top Tier

I personally believe one of the three will be crowned. Would have to be a strong upset or two to see someone replacing one of these teams.

Striking Distance

I was close to leaving South Warren off the list just because of what I know within the city and the talent they have, but I can't ever just knock a Brandon Smith led team off the radar. The rest of the three are formidable, and i'll be interested to see how the season progresses for each.

Potential Sleepers

Pulaski,  Southwestern, Graves Co

I think the lower end of the top 10-12 teams is kind of on the weak side in this class. I personally don't see any of these teams getting past the third round but hey it is why they play the game. You could probably take 5-6 teams in this category, toss them in a hat, and make a case for why they could be a sleeper.
Great Points: It's only a scrimmage, but I need to find out where that Scott Co.- BG scrimmage is this year it's usually the first one. Been to the last 2 and it's been very entertaining. I can't find either's schedule.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Fade
According to BG's website, I believe it will be at Bowling Green on August 4th at 5 PM. I am sure that is subject to change but it's all we have to go on currently.

That link can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/bgreen.kyschool...authuser=0

Striking Distance

Potential Sleepers

Cooper?
(02-18-2023, 06:05 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

Striking Distance

Potential Sleepers

(02-18-2023, 06:22 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Striking Distance

Potential Sleepers

Cooper?
Yes.  There Qb was a Freshmen last year, think name is O'Hara he is big time, they also have Shaun Alexander,s(younger guys might have to Google him) son or nephew at TE/DE he is a big time player will be a Junior I think. I could be overeating them, but I think they are going to surprise some.

Striking Distance

Potential Sleepers

Cooper?

Cooper is the team to watch in NKY, they have a ton of young talent and two upperclassmen with major D1 offers.   Starting the Freshman QB last year and letting him learn was a smart call IMO.   Gonna be fun to watch.
Bump
Cooper remains a team I am interested in to see if they match up with other top teams from their area and in 5A.. From what I've heard, they expect to be very good.

Bowling Green, oboro, Scott Co remain at top of the pecking order to me still.
  • Big Daddy Bull
(06-19-2023, 05:51 PM)Fade Wrote: Cooper remains a team I am interested in to see if they match up with other top teams from their area and in 5A.. From what I've heard, they expect to be very good.

Cooper has some real potential, but they may still be a year away from really being great. I can see them beating Highlands and winning the district this season, but Highlands is still the team to beat in the district. Last year the Highlands defense had their best game of the season against Cooper, while the Cooper offense had their worst game of the season, but it was only an 8 point game late in the 3rd quarter. Highlands won by 3 tds if I remember correctly.

The defensive front was their biggest issue. Teams that had strong run games could wear them out. Their entire D line was sophs and jrs. Austin Alexander will be one of the best D-Ends. Akron, Maryland, Miami Oh, Duke, Louisville, Kentucky, Illinois, and North Carolina have all offered to him, and he has a whole slew of other teams working on him. Cooper will have a good middle linebacker to replace and one or two defensive backs, but their defense is going to be very good.

Their starting QB was a freshman last year. He's going to be very impressive as he continues to grow. They graduated a hell of a running back in Eli White, so it's going to be a task to replace him, but they have two of the best pairs of hands in NKY back in TE Austin Alexander and WR Isaiah Johnson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheOracle's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(06-20-2023, 06:45 AM)TheOracle Wrote:
(06-19-2023, 05:51 PM)Fade Wrote: Cooper remains a team I am interested in to see if they match up with other top teams from their area and in 5A.. From what I've heard, they expect to be very good.

Cooper has some real potential, but they may still be a year away from really being great. I can see them beating Highlands and winning the district this season, but Highlands is still the team to beat in the district. Last year the Highlands defense had their best game of the season against Cooper, while the Cooper offense had their worst game of the season, but it was only an 8 point game late in the 3rd quarter. Highlands won by 3 tds if I remember correctly.

The defensive front was their biggest issue. Teams that had strong run games could wear them out. Their entire D line was sophs and jrs. Austin Alexander will be one of the best D-Ends. Akron, Maryland, Miami Oh, Duke, Louisville, Kentucky, Illinois, and North Carolina have all offered to him, and he has a whole slew of other teams working on him. Cooper will have a good middle linebacker to replace and one or two defensive backs, but their defense is going to be very good.

Their starting QB was a freshman last year. He's going to be very impressive as he continues to grow. They graduated a hell of a running back in Eli White, so it's going to be a task to replace him, but they have two of the best pairs of hands in NKY back in TE Austin Alexander and WR Isaiah Johnson.
Scott Co beat them last year in the playoffs  56-20 and the 2 Districts are matched up again for the next 2 years. Reason I mentioned that is Scott returns more starters than Cooper and they are mostly Juniors. So going to be tough for Cooper to get past them this year or next in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • TheOracle
Cooper is loaded they have a stud at MLB makes a lot of tackles.
Cooper just picked up a very talented transfer named Michael Mulvihill from Blanchester (OH). Won his conference POY on both offense and defense.
(02-18-2023, 12:28 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Great Points: It's only a scrimmage, but I need to find out where that Scott Co.- BG scrimmage is this year it's usually the first one. Been to the last 2 and it's been very entertaining. I can't find either's schedule.

Will you be in attendance tonight? Must admit, I am quite excited to watch it
(08-04-2023, 12:40 PM)Fade Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 12:28 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Great Points: It's only a scrimmage, but I need to find out where that Scott Co.- BG scrimmage is this year it's usually the first one. Been to the last 2 and it's been very entertaining. I can't find either's schedule.

Will you be in attendance tonight? Must admit, I am quite excited to watch it
Yes was there 21-21 Varsity portion, only played a half. Both teams had a pick 6. Scott jumped out 14-0. BG QB is money if you let stand in the pocket. I'm stlii trying to find the ball when Scott Co has it ?  I no Scott had a few starters out on Defense with injuries and a RB went out during the game, I think maybe BG had a few out as well that's probably why only played a half. BG might have lost a WR didn't look good. Hard hitting entertaining game both teams got some good work in.
(08-05-2023, 03:21 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Yes was there 21-21 Varsity portion, only played a half. Both teams had a pick 6. Scott jumped out 14-0. BG QB is money if you let stand in the pocket. I'm stlii trying to find the ball when Scott Co has it ?  I no Scott had a few starters out on Defense with injuries and a RB went out during the game, I think maybe BG had a few out as well that's probably why only played a half. BG might have lost a WR didn't look good. Hard hitting entertaining game both teams got some good work in.

Was a great scrimmage in terms of putting some good and bad things on tape for both sides. The WR who went down was air force commit easton barlow for BG. He lead them in recieving last season. That is a HUGE loss. 

As far as the scrimmage went I thought other than the big plays that BG scored on, they were sloppy. Huddleston is BG's best and #1 RB and he did not dress for whatever reason. Im hoping thats nothing bigger than just something is tweaked. Penalties, little to no run game without Huddleston, defense not getting off field on third down... I understand its just a scrimmage but I thought SC probably looked more organized and had less mistakes so to speak. Bowling Green has a lot to get together if they want to live up to their expectations they have set for themselves.
  • Big Daddy Bull