Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rankings of 53rd District Girls
What is your ranking of the girls in the 53rd?
1. KCC
2. LCC
3. Jenkins
4. JBS
5. Cordia
I agree with Benchwarmer.
Also agree!
Looks good to me. I do believe LCC is going to suffer this year where they held back alot of their "upcoming freshman" in gradeschool.
How are they going to deal with the 7 years of eligibility rule??
oldgrouch Wrote:How are they going to deal with the 7 years of eligibility rule??

They shouldn't be affected. I do believe the girls that were held back just started playing for LCC last year. One or two may have started playing their 7th grade year. But either way you look at it the those girls that were held back will only have 5 years eligibility. Their four high school years and then their 8th grade year from last year.
oldgrouch Wrote:How are they going to deal with the 7 years of eligibility rule??

Is that a rule the KHSAA made particularly for grade schoolers or something? They can only play 7 years, and 4 of those are their high school years. Is it how it sounds? I never heard of it.
Once promoted from the 8th grade, a student's consecutive calendar years (8 semesters) of athletic eligibility begins.

A student repeating the 8th grade may not represent a high school team at any level.
This is about ranking the teams in the 53 so back to the rankings: 1. KCC 2. LCC could be #1 by end of year, 3.Jenkins, 4. Cordia, 5 JBS.
1/LCC
2/KCC
3/Jenkins
4/Cordia
5/JBS
1, K.c.c.
2,l.c.c.
3,jenkins
4,j.b.s.
5, Cordia

1 And 2 Could Be Reversed It All Depends On The Heart Of The Girls And Who Wants It Most. I Hope They Don't Get In The Same Brackit At The End Of The Year. It Would Be A Shame To See One Of Them Not Make It To Region. Thats Why I Would Like To See It Seted. I Think It Would Make A Lot Better Games And Bring In More Fans.
roundballer70 Wrote:1, K.c.c.
2,l.c.c.
3,jenkins
4,j.b.s.
5, Cordia

1 And 2 Could Be Reversed It All Depends On The Heart Of The Girls And Who Wants It Most. I Hope They Don't Get In The Same Brackit At The End Of The Year. It Would Be A Shame To See One Of Them Not Make It To Region. Thats Why I Would Like To See It Seted. I Think It Would Make A Lot Better Games And Bring In More Fans.

I agree that it should be seeded. But you have Jenkins, Cordia, and JBS to afraid of that. They rather go to Regionals by luck not talent and thats ashame.
1.Letcher Central
2.Knott Central
3.Jenkins
4.Cordia
5.JBS
1. KCC
2. Jenkins
3. LCC
4. JBS
5. Cordia
Benchwarmer Wrote:1. KCC
2. LCC
3. Jenkins
4. JBS
5. Cordia

I Agree
Don't look now, but Jbs is playing pretty well right now. With every girl bring 10th and under..good tings hold for the future
KCCFAN23 Wrote:Don't look now, but Jbs is playing pretty well right now. With every girl bring 10th and under..good tings hold for the future

Riverside-w
Pineville-L
Red Bird-w
Cumberland-L
Phelps-W
jbs girls are 5-2 right now..their losses are to pineville and cumberland..one game was lost by 1 pt. the other by 2pts. ....i expect alot from these girls this year
so my guess is honestly...
1. Kcc
2. Jbs
3. Lcc
4.Cordia
5. Jenkins
randomfan4 Wrote:jbs girls are 5-2 right now..their losses are to pineville and cumberland..one game was lost by 1 pt. the other by 2pts. ....i expect alot from these girls this year
so my guess is honestly...
1. Kcc
2. Jbs
3. Lcc
4.Cordia
5. Jenkins

JBS has won against Riverside, Red Bird, Phelps, Cordia, and OBI. Number two in the District, no.
KCC
LCC
JBS
JENKINS
CORDIA
I don't think a Dickie Adams coached team will ever lose to JBS..Just my opinion! If LCC was ever going to lose to them..IT BETTER BE THIS YEAR! In 2-3 years, LCC will be one of the top teams in the state. Mark it down!
we will see what jbs girls have in them in the rematch against cumberland the 22nd.