Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draw or Seed?
Is the “drawing” system for the region outdated? Would it be better to seed? What’s your opinion? How would you change or would you?
Well only 3 districts in KY doesn’t seed. I guess now only 2 after the 54th district vote. Seeding is the fairest way to do things. Each team should only play each other one time and if some teams split, go by KHSAA RPI.
(02-07-2023, 08:43 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Well only 3 districts in KY doesn’t seed.  I guess now only 2 after the 54th district vote.  Seeding is the fairest way to do things.  Each team should only play each other one time and if some teams split, go by KHSAA RPI.
I agree, Duke. I think it should all be seeded all the way to region. In the event of a tied record it should go to who won head to head and then RPI if they split.
Seed the whole thing... That means regional and state. Why should just one part of it be seeded? People who gripe about a blind draw don't seem to realize that the Sweet 16 is a blind draw. Don't tell me that someone can't figure a simple way to seed state tournaments.

I always thought it was dumb to have a district runner up vs a district champion. That's not seeding either.