Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 26 Mason Co. 21
Jeepman Wrote:I was surprised they did not run that play until we stopped it. I don't think we stopped it one time.

I think they wanted to run it on the play that resulted on the interception. That was the only time I saw the cornor up on the line and getting inside position.
Good Luck next week against Breathitt, from what I've seen on Sports OT you're gonna need it. They are fast and aggressive. Just keep your heads in the game and execute Wink
Sarrr Wrote:Good Luck next week against Breathitt, from what I've seen on Sports OT you're gonna need it. They are fast and aggressive. Just keep your heads in the game and execute Wink
A team like Estill is going to make them look pretty fast and agressive this isn't Estill county they will be playing.:Thumbs:
I knew russell had the d.and the running game but I had a felling that without the passing that we way not have pulled this one out.we live to play another day.
I read stuff on the other forum about the re-kick. Apparently there was a inadvertant whistle blown by the covering official. During a kick off, you have the back judge with the kickers, the line judge on the 50 with the receivers, the linesman, he's on the 30 chain side, the umpire is on the 20 press box side and the R is on or near the goal line on the chain side.

Which side was the ball kicked? You should have two officials boxing in the play on either side. Things like this happen during games, that is why they have a rule to fit the mistake, even by officials.

It sound that one person blew the whistle too early and the other official came into correct the mistake, but, you have to re-kick.
One game at a time.
Good game Devils, game was closer than it should have been. Some of the worst officiating Ive ever seen in my life, and Russell won, and I still feel that way. Score was close, but the Devils only had 2 possessions in the second half, scored on 1, and finished the game out with the other. Mason threw on them well, couldn't run on them at all. I don't know when the coaches are gonna realize you cant have your corners playing 15 yds off the receiver. Plus if Russell can field on onside kick, this game is a 2-3 td win for the Devils, Mason couldn't stop them in the second half.
Congrats Russell
EkyLb Wrote:Good game Devils, game was closer than it should have been. Some of the worst officiating Ive ever seen in my life, and Russell won, and I still feel that way. Score was close, but the Devils only had 2 possessions in the second half, scored on 1, and finished the game out with the other. Mason threw on them well, couldn't run on them at all. I don't know when the coaches are gonna realize you cant have your corners playing 15 yds off the receiver. Plus if Russell can field on onside kick, this game is a 2-3 td win for the Devils, Mason couldn't stop them in the second half.

What? You just said they only had the ball twice..... all I have seen was one play on a inadvertant whistle, you call it the worst officiated game ever?
Was really looking for an impressive win last night. But I am sure they will take the win. Better play ALOT better than they did last night because Breathitt will hand it to them!
theref Wrote:What? You just said they only had the ball twice..... all I have seen was one play on a inadvertant whistle, you call it the worst officiated game ever?

According to the stats after the game there were only 5 flags thrown the entire game. 1 on Mason for 5 yards and 4 on Russell for 30 yards. I don't know where some people are coming up with the terrible officiating comments.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Was really looking for an impressive win last night. But I am sure they will take the win. Better play ALOT better than they did last night because Breathitt will hand it to them!

I don't know about handing it to them. This Russell team seems to play to their opponent. They do just enough to win and nothing fancy. Should be an interesting game come Friday night.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Was really looking for an impressive win last night. But I am sure they will take the win. Better play ALOT better than they did last night because Breathitt will hand it to them!

The same was said 5 years ago on a cold and windy November night breathitt had been beating teams 55-7 all year long Russell comes to town and breathitt only put up 21 in regulation.

I over heard some breathitt fans when leaving thegame say that was Russell was the hardest hitting team they had faced all year and I expect nothing less next friday.
What I said was that if they play like they did LAST NIGHT, then Breathitt will HAND IT TO THEM! Because Mason County is by no means a BREATHITT! I wish both teams the best of Luck!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:What I said was that if they play like they did LAST NIGHT, then Breathitt will HAND IT TO THEM! Because Mason County is by no means a BREATHITT! I wish both teams the best of Luck!

Mason County is a darn good football team and equal or better than anybody that Breathitt has faced this year.
Right, equal or better than anyone Breathitt has faced all year, ..well if you look how those teams have faired this year..Then it isn't looking so good if that is what you are going by. Guys, you are drawing a statement that was made by me that isn't what I am saying. I am saying that "IF RUSSELL PLAYS LIKE THEY DID LAST NIGHT, AND IF BREATHITT IS PLAYING LIKE THEY ARE PLAYING, THEN IT COULD BE A LONG NIGHT FOR RUSSELL" There is no other way to pull that out than the statement. You seem like I am putting Russell down to the ground and there is no way I think that of Russell. Russell is Russell. That is usually a 20 point lead before the game is kicked off because of the name and tradition.
Masons losses came against 2 quailty 6a teams from northern,ky in cambell county and boone county and then 3a Russell 2 times to end the season with a 8-4 record.
Way to do your research! Nice statistics! Mason is a good team, no doubt! Congrats Russell on the win!
i believe your trying to hate on the devils
devils win it 21 24 ot
^^^I think they are trying to be realistic.It's evadent that most people agree next week will be tougher.I have faith in my alumni(Devils) they can possibly pull it out.
looks like the players determined the outcome of this game, five flags? Shoot, some crews throw this many in a quarter....
theref Wrote:What? You just said they only had the ball twice..... all I have seen was one play on a inadvertant whistle, you call it the worst officiated game ever?

They did only have the ball twice in the second half, both long sustained time eating drives, right around 16 minutes TOP in the second half. one resulted in a TD, one ended the game, which was just short of the end zone and could have easily been punched in, Russell learns to field an onside kick, and the game is not nearly as close. This is why no matter who Russell plays, its gonna be a close game, not alot of possessions to go around, they eat up a ton of clock on O.
congrats russell
FBALL Wrote:Adam Foster was terrific tonight for Russell.

I couldn't agree with you more.

17 tackles (9 solos, 8 assists)
Key tackle on a fake punt
Key blocks on both of Bates TD runs (one with both shoes and other with 1 shoe LOL)
2 or 3 flatback blocks on sweeps by Tyler
1 QB sack

Also showed alot of energy and emotion out there. Seemed to rub off on some of the other players.

Offensively a very well played game. Everyone did their job.

Defensively, tough night for one of our DB's. Keep your head up. Now is not the time to play tentative or scared. Keep being aggressive and confident. I'd love to see us, not give so much cushion to the opposing teams WR's. Seems like 8 to 10 yards is way too much, which leads to the slant always being open. If we could close it to maybe 5 to 7 yard cushions, it wouldn't make the slant so easy to hit. But that is just my opinion. I could be totally off base with these defensive comments
Russelldad Wrote:I couldn't agree with you more.

17 tackles (9 solos, 8 assists)
Key tackle on a fake punt
Key blocks on both of Bates TD runs (one with both shoes and other with 1 shoe LOL)
2 or 3 flatback blocks on sweeps by Tyler
1 QB sack

Also showed alot of energy and emotion out there. Seemed to rub off on some of the other players.

Offensively a very well played game. Everyone did their job.

Defensively, tough night for one of our DB's. Keep your head up. Now is not the time to play tentative or scared. Keep being aggressive and confident. I'd love to see us, not give so much cushion to the opposing teams WR's. Seems like 8 to 10 yards is way too much, which leads to the slant always being open. If we could close it to maybe 5 to 7 yard cushions, it wouldn't make the slant so easy to hit. But that is just my opinion. I could be totally off base with these defensive comments
The slants were open because the LBs and DEs were blitzing instead of dropping off. With Mason you kind of pick your poison.
red_devils_rule Wrote:I agree with you 100 % call it one way or the other and move on

In this case, you can't call it one way or the other, there is only what the rules say, and in the end that is the right thing to do. How do you decide who gets the ball when it is laying on the ground when it becomes dead by whistle?? If NFL officials can make mistakes with as much effort and prep they put into officating, surely someone that does this as an avocation can make a mistake as well. I was at the game on mason's side, and from the losing team, I can say they called one heck of a game. Russell had no room to complain about the IW. It helped them by rekicking.
I just love my Devils.. Great game.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "