Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central Open
This might shake up the coaching trees a bit.
Haven't seen this on social media.
LC needs another coach Scroggins. When he coached there those kids, the entire staff, etc.. were disciplined and everything was great. Watched many a game there, on Central's sideline, even chatting up coach Scroggins mom (a great lady). I've saw Central win some unwinnable games with that man, and lose a very winnable game after he had moved on, and later on passed away. I would imagine this job will be a hot one, although not sure what Central pays.
[-] The following 3 users Like smoke1015's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, Rip/Spin
You may be right, but I've not seen this announced anywhere?
(01-14-2023, 07:31 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: LC needs another coach Scroggins. When he coached there those kids, the entire staff, etc.. were disciplined and everything was great. Watched many a game there, on Central's sideline, even chatting up coach Scroggins mom (a great lady). I've saw Central win some unwinnable games with that man, and lose a very winnable game after he had moved on, and later on passed away. I would imagine this job will be a hot one, although not sure what Central pays.
You speak truths. Scroggins was an elite coach and as good as he was, I still think he was also an underrated coach as well to some extent.

I will say Dantzler did a better job carrying the flag after he left then I anticipated. For someone from a complete different state who didn't exactly have a reputation of winning a lot of football, by and large I thought he did a fine job keeping Central relevant and competitive and obviously brought them a ring to boot. 

With that said, Scroggins was just a special Head Coach. Crazy and sad to think about the potential and the lives that could have been changed by him and Jim Matney if not for their deaths with plenty of coaching years left. I always felt Scroggins would return to being a HC once his kids moved past their playing days. Those guys truly changed lives and souls.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • smoke1015
Heard Central was after Bert Browne. Bert would definitely make things interesting with his wide open offense.
Dantzler did a great job in his time there. Bert Browne would not be a good fit.
(01-16-2023, 04:09 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 07:31 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: LC needs another coach Scroggins. When he coached there those kids, the entire staff, etc.. were disciplined and everything was great. Watched many a game there, on Central's sideline, even chatting up coach Scroggins mom (a great lady). I've saw Central win some unwinnable games with that man, and lose a very winnable game after he had moved on, and later on passed away. I would imagine this job will be a hot one, although not sure what Central pays.
You speak truths. Scroggins was an elite coach and as good as he was, I still think he was also an underrated coach as well to some extent.

I will say Dantzler did a better job carrying the flag after he left then I anticipated. For someone from a complete different state who didn't exactly have a reputation of winning a lot of football, by and large I thought he did a fine job keeping Central relevant and competitive and obviously brought them a ring to boot. 

With that said, Scroggins was just a special Head Coach. Crazy and sad to think about the potential and the lives that could have been changed by him and Jim Matney if not for their deaths with plenty of coaching years left. I always felt Scroggins would return to being a HC once his kids moved past their playing days. Those guys truly changed lives and souls.
Agree 100%. I may have been a little harsh on Dantzler. I just remember in the Corbin game it was some of the worst clock management at the end of a game I've really recalled. They lost that game with 2 timeouts in their pocket as I recall. But honestly he did win a championship behind a phenomenal defense and a stud of a QB a year or two later. But Scroggins was very underrated, I totally agree. I've saw him make some calls in big games that not many would have the faith or even the imagination to draw up under that type of late game pressure.
Still don't see where this job is open.
Dantzler said he is staying at Central.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheOracle's post:
  • Bull got out!