• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grace Health Cumberland Falls Invitational(at Corbin): Let's Discuss the Field
Corbin(Host)

Knoxville Catholic

Newport

Doss

Whitley County

Bell County

Catholic is usually a monster, with D-1 talent .  Currently ranked #3 basketball team in TN(MaxPreps). They were #1.

Anyone besides me surprised that Doss was invited to play in this tournament after what happened a few years back ? 
What happened with Doss?
(12-26-2022, 03:37 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: What happened with Doss?

Corbin had an incident after a Knox Central game a few years ago in which a video surfaced of a Corbin kid(star player) making some racist remarks about a Knox player(s).    Corbin was scheduled to host Doss sometime after that became public. Doss, who was a top 10 team at the time and a team composed of mostly black athletes ,  refused to travel to Corbin and bailed on the Hounds. They cited the ugly racial incident as the basis for not showing up.  I remember looking forward to that game because both Corbin and Doss were really, really good.  Hopefully, the sun won't go down on this "rivalry."

Tuesday:    Whitley Co.  vs  Knoxville Catholic    ;     Corbin vs Bell Co.

Wednesday:  Whitley Co.  vs Doss     ;      Bell Co.  vs Newport

Thursday :     Corbin  vs Newport    ;    Doss   vs  Knoxville Catholic

Friday :  TBD
I believe Newport has 2 of the top freshman in the country. Yep I said it……..
(12-26-2022, 09:28 PM)64SUR Wrote: I believe Newport has 2 of the top freshman in the country.  Yep I said it……..
Wow! Didn't know that.  Can't wait to see them in action. Thanks for the info.
Video Are touched in my heart.
(12-27-2022, 12:16 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: well if they do the stats don't support it. 

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_88779_0

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k.../?id=88779
Both avg double figures, one was listed as an 8th grader. Consider that pretty good. They may also have a deeper team so the stars don’t put up as much.