Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13
Okay Baller, Socrates, and cohorts. Keep beating that drum. Tunnel vision I suppose. Mays was at Ashland 4 years and had 4 transfers of which only 3 played meaningful minutes. That’s really “recruiting” and getting a big advantag, lol. And you always conveniently leave out the part where Mays’ team won the region his first year with the players that were there when he took the job, as I he doesn’t know how to coach or develop players without “recruits”. The way you fellows word things one would think 70% of his rosters were transfers from other programs, when actually only 4 were on the teams and one of them rarely played. None were on the team his first year. Of course one of you always replies to that by saying he inherited a good team. Well, why hadn’t they ever won a region until Mays came along. Maybe it’s as simple as he’s an excellent coach and developer of players and knows how to prepare a team for success.
That’s what I mean when I say you guys twist and mislead in your comments to paint a picture to fit your narratives. You’d like it to appear as if he has bunches of new players coming in every year when that’s not the case, but you want to keep saying it over and over until people will actually start believing it.
[-] The following 2 users Like LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • 16thregioner, Ramcat77
(12-16-2022, 12:55 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Okay Baller, Socrates, and cohorts. Keep beating that drum. Tunnel vision I suppose. Mays was at Ashland 4 years and had 4 transfers of which only 3 played meaningful minutes. That’s really “recruiting” and getting a big advantag, lol. And you always conveniently leave out the part where Mays’ team won the region his first year with the players that were there when he took the job, as I he doesn’t know how to coach or develop players without “recruits”. The way you fellows word things one would think 70% of his rosters were transfers from other programs, when actually only 4 were on the teams and one of them rarely played. None were on the team his first year. Of course one of you always replies to that by saying he inherited a good team. Well, why hadn’t they ever won a region until Mays came along. Maybe it’s as simple as he’s an excellent coach and developer of players and knows how to prepare a team for success. 
That’s what I mean when I say you guys twist and mislead in your comments to paint a picture to fit your narratives. You’d like it to appear as if he has bunches of new players coming in every year when that’s not the case, but you want to keep saying it over and over until people will actually start believing it.
I'm saying "Ashland" has had a sustained run (even dominate the last couple of years) because of recruiting.  Nobody outside of Ashland would disagree. The current success is due to recruiting.  Nobody outside of Ashland would disagree. Ashland has the best team in the region this year due to recruiting that other teams are not allowed to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SocratesKy's post:
  • 16thregionballer
(12-16-2022, 12:55 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Okay Baller, Socrates, and cohorts. Keep beating that drum. Tunnel vision I suppose. Mays was at Ashland 4 years and had 4 transfers of which only 3 played meaningful minutes. That’s really “recruiting” and getting a big advantag, lol. And you always conveniently leave out the part where Mays’ team won the region his first year with the players that were there when he took the job, as I he doesn’t know how to coach or develop players without “recruits”. The way you fellows word things one would think 70% of his rosters were transfers from other programs, when actually only 4 were on the teams and one of them rarely played. None were on the team his first year. Of course one of you always replies to that by saying he inherited a good team. Well, why hadn’t they ever won a region until Mays came along. Maybe it’s as simple as he’s an excellent coach and developer of players and knows how to prepare a team for success. 
Dementia is hard to watch. Current roster has 10 transfers.  Two recruited players mentioned in audio tape by Mays. All facts to your fiction. You just flat out lie. Mays did inherit a great team his first year. Then the recruiting began. Mays could do no wrong with you regardless. Name a kid on the rosters and I’ll let ya know where he is from. Just use initials if you want. So your not naming kids. You even admit you’d cheat if you were a coach. Just like Mays. You’d be out on your butt looking for a coaching job just like Mays with the stigma of being a cheat. Just like Mays. Hope you all make the drive this evening to the game. Mays cared so much about the kids. How many games has he been too? Since he cared so much for the kids?!
(12-16-2022, 01:16 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
Dementia is hard to watch. Current roster has 10 transfers.  Two recruited players mentioned in audio tape by Mays. All facts to your fiction. You just flat out lie. Mays did inherit a great team his first year. Then the recruiting began. Mays could do no wrong with you regardless. Name a kid on the rosters and I’ll let ya know where he is from. Just use initials if you want. So your not naming kids. You even admit you’d cheat if you were a coach. Just like Mays. You’d be out on your butt looking for a coaching job just like Mays with the stigma of being a cheat. Just like Mays. Hope you all make the drive this evening to the game. Mays cared so much about the kids. How many games has he been too? Since he cared so much for the kids?!
Lordy!!! Lol.
So you’re going to include elementary kids in your totals that transferred into the Ashland system as if they came for basketball reasons. Man…is that ever a stretch to try to prop up a lame narrative. 

“Hey guys, that second grader there is gonna be the next Stephon Curry and that third grader will be a beast in the paint. We need to get them moved into the fold asap!!”

Lol. Ludicrous what lengths you go to to make your narrative appear sensible.
(12-16-2022, 01:58 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
Lordy!!! Lol.
So you’re going to include elementary kids in your totals that transferred into the Ashland system as if they came for basketball reasons. Man…is that ever a stretch to try to prop up a lame narrative. 

“Hey guys, that second grader there is gonna be the next Stephon Curry and that third grader will be a beast in the paint. We need to get them moved into the fold asap!!”

Not sure what you are talking about but I'm not talking about elementary school kids unless they were also being recruited?!?!  Was that actually occurring as well?  It is unfortunate that you feel cheating is ok.  Recruiting is cheating.  Winning as a result of cheating at the high school level is embarrassing for any school, but hey "Ashland" sure is good this year.
(12-16-2022, 02:10 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
Lordy!!! Lol.

Not sure what you are talking about but I'm not talking about elementary school kids unless they were also being recruited?!?!  Was that actually occurring as well?  It is unfortunate that you feel cheating is ok.  Recruiting is cheating.  Winning as a result of cheating at the high school level is embarrassing for any school, but hey "Ashland" sure is good this year.
So you’re saying that Jason Mays brought in 10 transfers to his team in his 4 years at Ashland???
I’m only aware of 4 and I’ve kept up with them pretty good. Maybe there were some already at the school when he took the job in 2019 but to my knowledge there’s only been 4 during his 4 years of coaching.
(12-16-2022, 02:30 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
Lordy!!! Lol.

So you’re saying that Jason Mays brought in 10 transfers to his team in his 4 years at Ashland???
I’m only aware of 4 and I’ve kept up with them pretty good. Maybe there were some already at the school when he took the job in 2019 but to my knowledge there’s only been 4 during his 4 years of coaching.
I'm saying based off of the recording, "Ashland" has players on the current roster that are recruited.  Everyone outside of Ashland would agree to that.  I don't have a clue what you are trying to justify.
(12-16-2022, 02:30 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
Lordy!!! Lol.

No. In 4 years they’re 19.  10 currently on the roster. If you wanted to include elementary kids. It would be a few more but that would be if I was trying to push a narrative. Recruiting kids. What he was fired for. Offering kids money. That’s what he got fired for. You haven’t been following it closely or you would know. Just like you said.  Kids just don’t show up without talking to the coach. Especially when he is reaching out and making deals!
Name one player on the current Ashland roster that you have proof of that Mays recruited to come to Ashland.
(12-16-2022, 02:53 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Name one player on the current Ashland roster that you have proof of that Mays recruited to come to Ashland.
Well it’s not my proof. I didn’t get it. However, the Jason Mays recruiting audio says Deboard was being recruited and he spoke with his father and further stated Brian Lemaster was handling that situation. 

Mays continued to tell the dad how carter circumvented the khsaa paperwork. Just like he was informing the father to do.  Those are two current active investigations. If I wanted to I guess I could get people to do affidavits that Z’s dad has on numerous occasions especially his first freshman year stated this was not what we were promised and was heated when taken out at times and sat on the bench. 

You did listen to it didn’t you?  Or you more the LOOK kind a mentality. He was drinking on vacation wondering around at the beach not knowing what he was doing.
(12-16-2022, 03:22 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 02:53 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Name one player on the current Ashland roster that you have proof of that Mays recruited to come to Ashland.
Well it’s not my proof. I didn’t get it. However, the Jason Mays recruiting audio says Deboard was being recruited and he spoke with his father and further stated Brian Lemaster was handling that situation. 

Mays continued to tell the dad how carter circumvented the khsaa paperwork. Just like he was informing the father to do.  Those are two current active investigations. If I wanted to I guess I could get people to do affidavits that Z’s dad has on numerous occasions especially his first freshman year stated this was not what we were promised and was heated when taken out at times and sat on the bench. 

You did listen to it didn’t you?  Or you more the LOOK kind a mentality. He was drinking on vacation wondering around at the beach not knowing what he was doing.
There is no paperwork to circumvent if you are transferring from 8th grade, at least not when Carter transferred. And I’m sure the father contacted them first anyway, no recruiting there. DeBoard made the first move as well, no recruiting. I suppose what he meant when he said the coach was handling it was that the coach was answering whatever questions the DeBoards had. You’re reading way to much into these comments and situations. Neither of those were recruiting incidents as in Ashland people calling them to get the kids to move. That didn’t happen. Once parents make contact about a possible transfer about any coach in the state will work with them or guide them through the process if they ask. That might not be KHSAA legal but it happens everywhere.
(12-16-2022, 03:43 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 03:22 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:

There is no paperwork to circumvent if you are transferring from 8th grade, at least not when Carter transferred. And I’m sure the father contacted them first anyway, no recruiting there. DeBoard made the first move as well, no recruiting. I suppose what he meant when he said the coach was handling it was that the coach was answering whatever questions the DeBoards had. You’re reading way to much into these comments and situations. Neither of those were recruiting incidents as in Ashland people calling them to get the kids to move. That didn’t happen. Once parents make contact about a possible transfer about any coach in the state will work with them or guide them through the process if they ask. That might not be KHSAA legal but it happens everywhere.
Honey baby.  You might want to look at the bylaws. This is the definition in the case law. You just are blinded by your love for Mays. Not even Ashland. Seems like you are good at navigating around the truth. Try navigating to bylaw 16. Read it. Then come back with somewhat of an informed and educated opinion. Not your thoughts on it. Just read it Geez. Lol. I can save you time. It is illegal and no it doesn’t happen all the time. Recruit of kids. Transfers do happen. No argument there. Recruiting no. Look up the word circumvent. Mays is recruiting 8th graders to circumvent the khsaa paperwork. Mays tape
There was no circumventing prior to July 2022 for 8th grade. I remember an 8th grade player back in the late 1990’s in another region, not the 16th, that played for his home county school on Tuesday and scored double figures and then scored in double figures for a different school in the next county 3 nights later, and didn’t change residence or anything, only uniform colors. I remember the principal of his new school saying they didn’t have to do anything because KHSAA bylaws did not apply to any grades below 9th. At least they didn’t back then. There was zero paper work to do, only the chore of making sure the new guy’s uniform fit him.
I did listen to the audio.  Mays never said Deboard was being recruited.  Spurlock brought up Deboard and said he had told people at Boyd that he was going to Ashland.  Spurlock asks Mays if that was true.  Mays said he didn’t know.  Mays said he talked to Deboard’s father one time in his life and he informed him of what he would have to do with regards to a change of residence to transfer.  Spurlock brought Deboard up again later in the call.  Mays said he would try to find out if Deboard was planning on coming there but he could not contact them directly.  He says that Bryan Lemaster is a friend of Deboard’s father so maybe he could find out what their intentions were.

As for Carter, Mays didn’t tell Spurlock anything that anyone doesn’t already know about an 8th grader transferring schools.  They can go where they want.  That’s all Mays told him.  Mays wasn’t being deceitful or diabolical when he told him that both Carter and Porter came there after 8th grade.

You apparently see that as admission that Mays was recruiting Deboard and Carter.  I don’t.  Here’s what I think happened.  Ashland began having success under Mays and players from other schools began coming to Ashland attracted by the success.   Porter was the first and his unique talent generated a whole lot more interest.  Mays didn’t go recruiting anyone, but rather they contacted him.  

Now I do believe that parents of players on the Ashland team were recruiting players.  This is true.  And this is what happens with every winning program in the 16th region.  To say Mays was recruiting players is almost to the point of idiotic, though.  Look at the current roster Ashland has.  What a stacked team Mays assembled.
(12-16-2022, 04:11 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: There was no circumventing prior to July 2022 for 8th grade. I remember an 8th grade player back in the late 1990’s in another region, not the 16th, that played for his home county school on Tuesday and scored double figures and then scored in double figures for a different school in the next county 3 nights later, and didn’t change residence or anything, only uniform colors. I remember the principal of his new school saying they didn’t have to do anything because KHSAA bylaws did not apply to any grades below 9th. At least they didn’t back then. There was zero paper work to do, only the chore of making sure the new guy’s uniform fit him.
Again let me help you out with your episode. This is the year 2022 of our Lord. Bylaws do cover middle school. Specifically recruiting from a non feeder school. Again, we all Mays recruiting got him fired. Let’s move on. Please!!
(12-16-2022, 04:11 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: There was no circumventing prior to July 2022 for 8th grade. I remember an 8th grade player back in the late 1990’s in another region, not the 16th, that played for his home county school on Tuesday and scored double figures and then scored in double figures for a different school in the next county 3 nights later, and didn’t change residence or anything, only uniform colors. I remember the principal of his new school saying they didn’t have to do anything because KHSAA bylaws did not apply to any grades below 9th. At least they didn’t back then. There was zero paper work to do, only the chore of making sure the new guy’s uniform fit him.
And Mays didn’t “recruit 8th graders to circumvent the bylaw”. If the dad asked him how it worked and he told him how, that is not recruiting, at least not 8th grade at that time. His only answer could have been there are no restrictions for 8th grade, which there was at the time. That’s been widely known by everyone forever. 
Listen, Mays messed up in answering peoples questions and talking to the caller. I’m sure he would have taken a different avenue if he could do it over, but he was not a plotting recruiter with a list of hopefuls that he planned to call and plead for them to come to Ashland. He didn’t have to do that. And he didn’t. His issues stem from conversations with people that approached or contacted him. I’m sure he has learned from it going forward. He’s no longer the coach at Ashland, which even the KHSAA didn’t recommend but the superintendent/principal went ahead with it anyway and that was their prerogative. Coach Bonner is a good man and excellent coach and the Tomcats are in good hands. Good luck to him and the team this season. 
GO TOMCATs!!!!
(12-16-2022, 04:47 PM)16thregioner Wrote: I did listen to the audio.  Mays never said Deboard was being recruited.  Spurlock brought up Deboard and said he had told people at Boyd that he was going to Ashland.  Spurlock asks Mays if that was true.  Mays said he didn’t know.  Mays said he talked to Deboard’s father one time in his life and he informed him of what he would have to do with regards to a change of residence to transfer.  Spurlock brought Deboard up again later in the call.  Mays said he would try to find out if Deboard was planning on coming there but he could not contact them directly.  He says that Bryan Lemaster is a friend of Deboard’s father so maybe he could find out what their intentions were.

As for Carter, Mays didn’t tell Spurlock anything that anyone doesn’t already know about an 8th grader transferring schools.  They can go where they want.  That’s all Mays told him.  Mays wasn’t being deceitful or diabolical when he told him that both Carter and Porter came there after 8th grade.

You apparently see that as admission that Mays was recruiting Deboard and Carter.  I don’t.  Here’s what I think happened.  Ashland began having success under Mays and players from other schools began coming to Ashland attracted by the success.   Porter was the first and his unique talent generated a whole lot more interest.  Mays didn’t go recruiting anyone, but rather they contacted him.  

Now I do believe that parents of players on the Ashland team were recruiting players.  This is true.  And this is what happens with every winning program in the 16th region.  To say Mays was recruiting players is almost to the point of idiotic, though.  Look at the current roster Ashland has.  What a stacked team Mays assembled.
To listen to that audio and think he didn’t recruit those two is idiotic and blinded by the bylaw. You just admitted it.  Furthermore Mays has done nothing but lie since this all has came out. Obviously more was discovered as well by the khsaa to what extent we will find out. No this is not what happens at every winning program. That statement is lie and totally false. Thank goodness you do t get to make the decision.  Haha. You are like who cares let them recruit. Forgot the rules the other 95% are going by. This is not even about Mays anymore he is gone. Thank goodness and Ashland kids are the benefit of that. I’ll agree that you can have your opinion and your theories of whatever fantasy you want to spin. This thread turned into the other thread. This thread was a start of something good talking about the game and the win. Keep that up. You are not going to convince me he is a good guy or coach. Recruiter. Yeah definitely. He gets that award. He done a great job taking Elliotts best player and such a benefit as he attempted to get BC and Russell best players. The Bath recruit hasn’t panned out yet. But come on baby. At least be honest with yourself

(12-16-2022, 04:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
And Mays didn’t “recruit 8th graders to circumvent the bylaw”. If the dad asked him how it worked and he told him how, that is not recruiting, at least not 8th grade at that time. His only answer could have been there are no restrictions for 8th grade, which there was at the time. That’s been widely known by everyone forever. 
Listen, Mays messed up in answering peoples questions and talking to the caller. I’m sure he would have taken a different avenue if he could do it over, but he was not a plotting recruiter with a list of hopefuls that he planned to call and plead for them to come to Ashland. He didn’t have to do that. And he didn’t. His issues stem from conversations with people that approached or contacted him. I’m sure he has learned from it going forward. He’s no longer the coach at Ashland, which even the KHSAA didn’t recommend but the superintendent/principal went ahead with it anyway and that was their prerogative. Coach Bonner is a good man and excellent coach and the Tomcats are in good hands. Good luck to him and the team this season. 
GO TOMCATs!!!!
We can agree on something. Coach Bonner is a good man and coach. The rest of your post is misinformation at beast.
(12-16-2022, 05:01 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 04:47 PM)16thregioner Wrote: I did listen to the audio.  Mays never said Deboard was being recruited.  Spurlock brought up Deboard and said he had told people at Boyd that he was going to Ashland.  Spurlock asks Mays if that was true.  Mays said he didn’t know.  Mays said he talked to Deboard’s father one time in his life and he informed him of what he would have to do with regards to a change of residence to transfer.  Spurlock brought Deboard up again later in the call.  Mays said he would try to find out if Deboard was planning on coming there but he could not contact them directly.  He says that Bryan Lemaster is a friend of Deboard’s father so maybe he could find out what their intentions were.

To listen to that audio and think he didn’t recruit those two is idiotic and blinded by the bylaw. You just admitted it.  Furthermore Mays has done nothing but lie since this all has came out. Obviously more was discovered as well by the khsaa to what extent we will find out. No this is not what happens at every winning program. That statement is lie and totally false. Thank goodness you do t get to make the decision.  Haha. You are like who cares let them recruit. Forgot the rules the other 95% are going by. This is not even about Mays anymore he is gone. Thank goodness and Ashland kids are the benefit of that. I’ll agree that you can have your opinion and your theories of whatever fantasy you want to spin. This thread turned into the other thread. This thread was a start of something good talking about the game and the win. Keep that up. You are not going to convince me he is a good guy or coach. Recruiter. Yeah definitely. He gets that award. He done a great job taking Elliotts best player and such a benefit as he attempted to get BC and Russell best players. The Bath recruit hasn’t panned out yet. But come on baby. At least be honest with yourself

(12-16-2022, 04:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
GO TOMCATs!!!!
We can agree on something. Coach Bonner is a good man and coach. The rest of your post is misinformation at beast.
We will just have to agree to disagree I suppose.
[-] The following 2 users Like LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • 16thregionballer, 16thregioner
Again, as much as you Ashlandites (the three of you) try to justify recruiting and deny it happened when there is an audio tape exposes the recruiting process really makes you guys look silly. Again, I don’t have a dog in the fight period. I do however despise cheating and currently Ashland has recruited players that continue to play. If you don’t like to hear that go back to your Ashland huddle and bury your head.
“Ashland” still looks like the best team in the region. Recruiting does appear to payoff and other 16th region programs are certainly taking note. Blueprint to success, just recruit better.
(12-15-2022, 11:47 AM)16thfan Wrote: Another truth about the audio that has not been mentioned is that if Mays would have agreed to make Jacob his PG for the next four years which was the real reason Spurlock made that call, Mays would still be coaching and and the Spurlocks would be supporting maroon. Spurlock tried several times during that call to get Mays to talk about his son playing PG for Ashland and Mays would not commit. Trust the fact that Spurlock has a motive to do what he has done and what he is trying to do now.

Spurlock seems to be a very  calculated manipulator. The phone call did not go his way so he was making the coach pay for it because he was keeping his son at Boyd because he wasn't going to be the star player like he wanted. He knew what he was doing. If Mays said yes he will be PG, you would have never heard of this phone call. Sad. Spurlock even sounds crazy in his laugh on the recording. Sad for his son that he will have this scandal following his name for a long time. He is gloating at the fact that he got a man fired, he doesn't for a second think that it makes him look terrible too. Talking about Kids in the fashion he did. Pathetic and seems petty because he was sure his son is not on Deboard's level. Deboard  played well and with good spirit unlike what I witnessed from Boyd. 
The fact that Ashland won even with the problems these kids dealt with shows who the real winners are. 

(12-16-2022, 11:36 AM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 10:52 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Baller, you must have either been living under a rock for the past decade or you are the most personally offended parent of ALL-TIME from his son not getting playing time at Ashland.  This is going on in ALL sports EVERYWHERE winning is taking place across the 16th region.

FOOTBALL
Best team in the area was Raceland.  Their QB was from Russell, even saving Red Devil alumni from a burning house in his neighborhood on his way to school.  Leading receiver was from Russell.  3 of top 6 tacklers were from Symmes Valley, Ironton, and Russell.  Raceland has NEVER won a state title.  They've never even placed a kid in a D-1 college that I know of except for a kicker a couple decades ago and the big Swedish foreign exchange student that went to Marshall.  You think there aren't some behind the scenes conversations taking place to get these players there?

BOYS SOCCER
Boyd County won the region this year thanks to their leading scorer who moved from Missouri.  He even has a small brother who scored the winning goal in the region championship game.  Their dad just happened to be an assistant coach on the Boyd County soccer team.  You think dad just magically popped up on the staff without having talked to someone first after moving from Missouri?  In 2018, a player from Norway caused Boyd to win the region in soccer.

GIRLS SOCCER
East Carter won the region for the second year in a row thanks to their top player moving from Lawrence County 2 years ago.  I don't have time to do the research on the KHSAA site, but these are probably the only regions East Carter has EVER won in girls soccer.  You think that girl just enrolled there blindly without some travel ball connection or talking to some coaches first?

VOLLEYBALL
Boyd won their second region in a row thanks to their top player moving from New Jersey last year.
She's the daughter of one of the Marshall football coaches who moved to town when Doc was shown the door.  The Boyd AD coincidentally has good connections to the college since his daughter played there.  Boyd last won a volleyball region in 2003 before this girl showed up.  You think the family chose Boyd when moving to town because of their rich tradition in volleyball?

BOYS BASKETBALL
As you know, Baller, Ashland has won 4 years in a row.  Three of those years, their top player was from Elliott County.  Two of those years, they had a starter from Greenup County.  The Elliott player chose Ashland, much like the Fairland player chose Boyd for his senior season in 2018 and led them to a region title.

GIRLS BASKETBALL
The same volleyball player mentioned above played point guard for their region title winning team this season.  They would not have won without her.  This follows a decade of West Virginia Thunder AAU players, an organization to which the Boyd AD coincidentally has close ties to ever since his daughter played there, magically showing up at Boyd to help them win region titles.

BASEBALL
Boyd finally won the region title this season with no obvious recruits that I know of.  However, Russell baseball seems to currently serve as the minor league system for Boyd as they take their best players on nearly a yearly basis now.

SOFTBALL
I look at this as an individual sport like tennis, golf, archery, or wrestling since teams win this sport with literally one player, the pitcher.  Lewis County has had the pitcher the past couple of seasons so they've won.  East Carter had the pitcher before them so they won a bunch in a row.

Come on, Baller.  Some intellectual honesty is all I'm looking for here.  The ONLY difference in the Jason Mays story from these other programs and coaches is that he ran into a lunatic father who was intoxicated by a bunch of old kids he coached in middle school "obliterating" teams only to run into one of the best well-oiled machines in 16th region history that Mays had going.  It was too much for him to watch his own team get "obliterated" so he blamed Rheyce Deboard.  He even said in the call that Boyd's better with Griffin Taylor rather than Rheyce Deboard.  We saw with our own eyes how that turned out in round 1.  That comparison is about as ludicrous as whoever paid D&D Sports to compare the guy's son to OJ Mayo.  There's some ridiculous stuff going on.  Just see it for what it is, Baller.  No hands are clean in these matters.
Yes.  It happens everywhere, only think that don’t happen is lunatic dad recording a phone call. I’ve been told multiple times the kid from Ohio that ended up at Boyd was turned away at Ashland because of legal problems at Fairland. Also a kid from Raceland played his senior season there. People tend to forget those things about the county. But people want to destroy Ashland because they’re the best team in the 16th and Jason Mays worked his butt off to prepare those kids for dominance in the 16th region and people didn’t like that or his work ethics.  People only see what fits their narrative.  The problem with High School sports is parents.  Go ask Coach A after Tuesday game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes knowknow1's post:
  • Ramcat77