Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023-2026 Football Realignment
(12-06-2022, 09:35 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 08:07 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 04:41 PM)Onward Leslie! Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 03:24 PM)Hambley Wrote: If they put Pikeville, Raceland, and Paintsville in the same district it would be a huge mistake. It’s becoming obvious that 1A is spread thin and packing those three in one district will make for a disappointing playoffs.

Geographically they should be in a District. No other 1A Schools around there. Rest are in Southeast Ky. Or in 2A..
It’s 102 miles to Nicholas Count from Raceland and 100 miles to Pikeville from Raceland hahah
I was thinking we might see the old district with us, Nicholas, Paris, and Fairview.
That would be fun. We still might see it. We really don’t know what they will change around. Guess we just wait and see
Lexington catholic going be in east or west
(12-06-2022, 09:59 PM)BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote: Lexington catholic going be in east or west

They are in the EAST right now.
Central is heading to 3A
(12-06-2022, 10:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Central is heading to 3A
Weren’t they 3a last time and elected to play up?
(12-06-2022, 11:46 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Central is heading to 3A
Weren’t they 3a last time and elected to play up?

I am not sure. Maybe. Boyle did though.
Don’t see how letcher central doesn’t move down to 3A with 774 students. That’s a huge drop in enrollment.
Louisville Central’s reported numbers look very odd compared to everyone else.

Total students - 1,245 which ranks them as the 53 largest school in the state, which would almost put them in the top 20 of 5A for overall enrollment. However they only report to have 394 boys which ranks as 118th and puts them in 3A. That means the school is only 31.6% males, Insee no other school even close to that, is this accurate??

On a couple side notes, that puts Central as having 355 more overall students than the next largest 3A school that only has 890 total enrollment.

Only 4 schools in 4A have total enrollment over 1,000 with the highest being 1,074, followed by 1,016, 1,006, 1,000 students
In 4a, new alignment could move Franklin to the east which leaves the best teams in the west being Logan county and Warren east. East side of the state will be a blood bath even more than it was last couple years if cov cath stays in 4a.
It goes by male enrollment.
(12-07-2022, 09:00 AM)fansville Wrote: Louisville Central’s reported numbers look very odd compared to everyone else.

Total students - 1,245 which ranks them as the 53 largest school in the state, which would almost put them in the top 20 of 5A for overall enrollment. However they only report to have 394 boys which ranks as 118th and puts them in 3A. That means the school is only 31.6% males, Insee no other school even close to that, is this accurate??

On a couple side notes, that puts Central as having 355 more overall students than the next largest 3A school that only has 890 total enrollment.

Only 4 schools in 4A have total enrollment over 1,000 with the highest being 1,074, followed by 1,016, 1,006, 1,000 students

Louisville Central is an optional magnet school with multiple magnets that interest students. 2 of these are Nursing and Teaching & Learning which attract more high school female students than male. I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for but they've been majority female for 10+ years and likely longer but don't have numbers to confirm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Runnin' Clock's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
In 4a, I am hoping at least some of us get pushed to the west.
(12-07-2022, 09:00 AM)fansville Wrote: Louisville Central’s reported numbers look very odd compared to everyone else.

There's no east West anymore.  It's why Raceland played Pikeville in the Championship. It's why Douglass and Scott would not have played until Championship. Its sister district and RPI until they revert to the Old way of doing it.  Until they fix their RPI I'd rather go back to East West.  Somehow Douglass and Scott got separated to start the 5a playoffs but Catholic and Boyle had to play 3rd Round.  Everyone says RPI, I don't see a world that Catholic and Boyle wouldn't have been either 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 going into the playoffs based off RPI, so its kind of baffling to me they didn't separate them in the brackets in 4a.
(12-07-2022, 10:27 AM)Runnin' Clock Wrote:

Louisville Central is an optional magnet school with multiple magnets that interest students. 2 of these are Nursing and Teaching & Learning which attract more high school female students than male. I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for but they've been majority female for 10+ years and likely longer but don't have numbers to confirm.

That is exactly what I was wondering about and that makes total sense now. It’s not often you see a school with more than 2 to 1 female to male ratio. I knew there had to be some sort of explanation but had no clue what it could be because I didn’t know about those programs. Thanks for the info

(12-07-2022, 10:33 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

There's no east West anymore.  It's why Raceland played Pikeville in the Championship. It's why Douglass and Scott would not have played until Championship. It’s sister district and RPI until they revert to the Old way of doing it.  Until they fix their RPI I'd rather go back to East West.  Somehow Douglass and Scott got separated to start the 5a playoffs but Catholic and Boyle had to play 3rd Round.  Everyone says RPI, I don't see a world that Catholic and Boyle wouldn't have been either 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 going into the playoffs based off RPI, so its kind of baffling to me they didn't separate them in the brackets in 4a.
2 Sister districts make up a “region” and that is how Catholic and Boyle play in round 3. If two top teams are found in the same district or sister district and both make it, they will always play in round 3 even if they are ranked 1 & 2 in rpi.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Runnin' Clock
(12-07-2022, 11:10 AM)fansville Wrote:

That is exactly what I was wondering about and that makes total sense now. It’s not often you see a school with more than 2 to 1 female to male ratio. I knew there had to be some sort of explanation but had no clue what it could be because I didn’t know about those programs. Thanks for the info

There's no east West anymore.  It's why Raceland played Pikeville in the Championship. It's why Douglass and Scott would not have played until Championship. It’s sister district and RPI until they revert to the Old way of doing it.  Until they fix their RPI I'd rather go back to East West.  Somehow Douglass and Scott got separated to start the 5a playoffs but Catholic and Boyle had to play 3rd Round.  Everyone says RPI, I don't see a world that Catholic and Boyle wouldn't have been either 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 going into the playoffs based off RPI, so its kind of baffling to me they didn't separate them in the brackets in 4a.
2 Sister districts make up a “region” and that is how Catholic and Boyle play in round 3. If two top teams are found in the same district or sister district and both make it, they will always play in round 3 even if they are ranked 1 & 2 in rpi.

Help me understand this bracket then https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ent_205005

Explain to me how Douglass and Scott County weren't scheduled to meet until the championship game?
(12-07-2022, 12:34 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

Help me understand this bracket then https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ent_205005

Explain to me how Douglass and Scott County weren't scheduled to meet until the championship game?

Because after the first two weeks vs the sister districts the rest of the playoffs is based on RPI and Douglass and Scott Co. were #1 and #2 in RPI that way they could not meet until the finals.

There's no east West anymore.  It's why Raceland played Pikeville in the Championship. It's why Douglass and Scott would not have played until Championship. Its sister district and RPI until they revert to the Old way of doing it.  Until they fix their RPI I'd rather go back to East West.  Somehow Douglass and Scott got separated to start the 5a playoffs but Catholic and Boyle had to play 3rd Round.  Everyone says RPI, I don't see a world that Catholic and Boyle wouldn't have been either 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 going into the playoffs based off RPI, so its kind of baffling to me they didn't separate them in the brackets in 4a.
Wish They'd just get rid of the RPI... No way there should even be a threat of a team having to travel as much as could be possibly be asked in the Semi's. Ex... Shelby Valley could have to travel to Mayfield.. Or Ashland to Paducah Tilghman last year.. Just using that as an example.. Also, a Regional Championship should be exactly what means.. Not a team from Covington/Newport and a team from Southeastern Ky. If its just a straight win loss bracket, it'll all work its self out in the wash.
(12-07-2022, 12:40 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Because after the first two weeks vs the sister districts the rest of the playoffs is based on RPI and Douglass and Scott Co. were #1 and #2 in RPI that way they could not meet until the finals.
I gotcha .... Its reseeded.  So technically it would be more favorable to throw games late season to ensure your matchups.  If Boyle comes in 4th rather than 3rd then the see Corbin in Rd. 3?
(12-07-2022, 01:10 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 12:40 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 10:27 AM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: Louisville Central is an optional magnet school with multiple magnets that interest students. 2 of these are Nursing and Teaching & Learning which attract more high school female students than male. I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for but they've been majority female for 10+ years and likely longer but don't have numbers to confirm.

(12-07-2022, 10:33 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: There's no east West anymore.  It's why Raceland played Pikeville in the Championship. It's why Douglass and Scott would not have played until Championship. It’s sister district and RPI until they revert to the Old way of doing it.  Until they fix their RPI I'd rather go back to East West.  Somehow Douglass and Scott got separated to start the 5a playoffs but Catholic and Boyle had to play 3rd Round.  Everyone says RPI, I don't see a world that Catholic and Boyle wouldn't have been either 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 going into the playoffs based off RPI, so its kind of baffling to me they didn't separate them in the brackets in 4a.

I gotcha .... Its reseeded.  So technically it would be more favorable to throw games late season to ensure your matchups.  If Boyle comes in 4th rather than 3rd then the see Corbin in Rd. 3?

Right.
I had it totally wrong then, I thought they reseeded after round 3, it’s all so confusing anymore. That’s crazy that a regional championship game can be between 2 teams nowhere near the same region.
Let's change it to sectional champion then.

District
District
Section
Semi-Final
State Championship

It's like people want to find problems.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • Diogenes
(12-07-2022, 03:04 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Let's change it to sectional champion then.

District
District
Section
Semi-Final
State Championship

It's like people want to find problems.
People love to do this and the current setup gives them plenty of ammunition. 

Nobody wants to just keep top two seeds for playoffs. Nobody wants to drop or consolodate a class. I think both should be considered. Then maybe reevaluate the RPI system.

Too many are quick to find the detour around a tough team. Tanking games to avoid a team is crazy. Are we still talking about KYHSFB?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Runnin' Clock's post:
  • Diogenes
9 of the 12 teams in the state championship games this year were #1-3 seed in rpi. 3 of the classes had a 1vs2 matchup and another 1vs3. That seems like pretty solid work for the rpi system as a whole.

Also the 1 seed won every game except Boyle vs Corbin and that was also the only game where a lower seed beat a higher seed.
They RPI system does it's job, but I would like to see the RPI utilized after the regional championship game. Regional championships are about "bragging rights" and the championship doesn't mean as much if you are playing someone 100 or 200 miles away. That's just my opinion.
In round 3 there is still an east west split on which districts you can possibly play 1-4 and 5-8. That goes away for round 4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Walt Longmire
I'm 100% in favor of JC returning to a district with Ashland, Boyd, and Greenup. Especially
Ashland. We got history, and those are far easier trips than 2 plus hour trips into deep SEKY. Makes more sense for all of us.
(12-07-2022, 09:41 AM)16 special Wrote: In 4a, new alignment could move Franklin to the east which leaves the best teams in the west being Logan county and Warren east. East side of the state will be a blood bath even more than it was last couple years if cov cath stays in 4a.
I think by the looks of things pretty good possibility Franklin and Western Hills will go in the Eastern districts.  

Curious how they handle the Jefferson County 4A teams.
Saw where someone thinks Whitley and Corbin is added to Johnson Centrals District and then Boyle replaces Corbin in the Lincoln, Wayne District.
This is my thoughts on 3A. I believe the furthest any team would travel would be 88 miles one way (if maps on my phone wasn’t lying to me). This is probably unlikely, but just thought I would share

District A
Union Co
Webster Co
Trigg Co
Hopkins Central

District B
Edmonson Co
Franklin-Simpson
Butler Co
Hart Co
LaRue Co

District C