Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frederick Douglass 28 Bowling Green 7 (5A State Championship)
Final Douglass caps off a dominating season with a impressive win over a very good Bowling Green team. The Broncos defense totally dominated the 2nd half hold the Purples offense to only around 25 total yards. The Broncos defense only allowed 70 points in 15 games that is less than 5 points per game. They also only allowed 22 total points in their 5 playoff games.

Douglass is now 70-9 in their 6 years as a program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
Congratulations Fredrick Douglass!!! I love the defense change in this game. Blitzes was the difference for the defense! Bowling Green was definitely worthy!
Congratulations to Former Russell Red Devil player and Frederick Douglass Coach Nathan McPeek on your first State Title. Also Congratulations to the Broncos kids.
Way to go Douglass!
Congrats Broncos!!

The Bowling Green QB was very fun to watch and being just a sophomore is gonna make a lot of noise the next 2 years.
I would like to personally congratulate the 29 seniors at Frederick Douglass. They are great kids with a bright future ahead of them. In their 4 years they had a great impact on the Frederick Douglass football program they had a 49-5 record and 16-3 in the playoffs with 3 regional titles and a runner-up. They also had 2 state final runner-ups and now a state championship. Congratulations!
  • Bull got out!
This may have been the very best high school team I have ever seen. They came into Boyle County in the regular season and absolutely dominated us for 4 straight quarters. Been a long, long time since I had seen a BC team get that done to them. Congratulations to them on their first state championship!!
(12-04-2022, 12:51 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I would like to personally congratulate the 29 seniors at Frederick Douglass. They are great kids with a bright future ahead of them. In their 4 years they had a great impact on the Frederick Douglass football program they had a 49-5 record and 16-3 in the playoffs with 3 regional titles and a runner-up. They also had 2 state final runner-ups and now a state championship. Congratulations!
29 seniors is a lot for a 5A team. My local team is 4A and was 5A just 4 years ago and they are lucky to dress 40 players period.
(12-04-2022, 10:54 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 12:51 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I would like to personally congratulate the 29 seniors at Frederick Douglass. They are great kids with a bright future ahead of them. In their 4 years they had a great impact on the Frederick Douglass football program they had a 49-5 record and 16-3 in the playoffs with 3 regional titles and a runner-up. They also had 2 state final runner-ups and now a state championship. Congratulations!
29 seniors is a lot for a 5A team. My local team is 4A and was 5A just 4 years ago and they are lucky to dress 40 players period.
They probably could play 6a but stays in 5a to avoid the Louisville powers
(12-04-2022, 11:59 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:

Douglass defense was as good as any Louisville powers this season. Now the offense looked to struggle somewhat in this playoffs or I'll say not score as many points. I enjoyed watching this Douglass team. They are really well coached. I thought Bowling Green looked like they was going to do what they wanted to do offensively when they started passing and running at will but credit to the staff at Frederick Douglass, they started blitzing on that defense and honestly, if you are a defensive coach, you need to watch this game film. Now I do know not every team has talent like Douglass but the blitzes to me are MVP of this Championship game. Once they started blitzing, it turned the dominating performance of Bowling Greens passing attack into a defensive showcase for Frederick Douglass for the rest of the game. Just a great game and Bowling Green will be a force to deal with the next couple of year. I don't know what Douglass had coming back but I know they are well coached.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(12-04-2022, 11:59 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
They have won 1 state championship in their 7 year existence. Why in the hell would they “play up” to 6A when they haven’t even been dominant in 5A? That’s probably one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this site in my 17 years of being a member lol. 

Congrats Freddy Douglas on your first State Championship. Also big congrats to former Paintsville Tiger Thomas Howard (Louisville baseball signee) on the big TD. Proud of you buddy.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH

From Kroger field last night.
  • Bull got out!
Picture of Douglass stat Championship ring.

Thumbnail(s)

• Hatz