Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 49 Franklin 35
(11-26-2022, 01:07 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 11:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Congratulations to Corbin and their fans. Their passionate fan base reminds me of Pikeville fans. See you at Kroger and best of luck to the Redhounds.
Just bigger and more of us? Lol. 
(11-26-2022, 12:50 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Good win for Corbin they had to earn it. Fc didn’t have enough on the edges to finish.  FC every bit  as physical as Corbin. Even though much smaller and younger. Hats off to em. Corbin will handle Boyle. Fc up in this game with four minutes to go, Elam took em down to win in no time.
I had to think back if anyone punted…. Outside of that first 3 and out by FC no one did the rest of the game.

Corbin scored on every possession but two.  Those two possessions ended each half with taking a knee.

(11-26-2022, 02:02 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 01:06 PM)Cappy Wrote: FCHS had a solid game plan with some great in game adjustments.  It was apparent some of the issues the staff has been battling all season.  They have the athletes.  The coaching is there.  Missing those foundational components that start well before they ever get to the HS level.  Corbin wins that game because it just meant more.  Corbin is supposed to be there.  FCHS is just glad to be there.  Similar roles to when Corbin has made it to the finals.  For Corbin to win this next game players gonna have to play and coaches gonna have to coach.  Can’t be about the lights, the egos, the face paint or clever shirts/signs.  It has to be about finishing the job.  Nothing else.  BCHS has proven they can finish it.  It’s instinctive.  It’s expected.  They will go to work and they will look to finish the job yet again.  Corbin has all of the tools needed to bring the hardware back.  Can they put them all together to make it happen?

If you think it met more to Corbin then your Just silly…. Happy to be there ? Brother we been farther than Corbin in several of the  recent seasons….. congrats to Corbin but you don’t know a thing about the FC program.

Silly?  Maybe.  Observant?  Definitely.  I watched players that were not engaged enough to get on the field when they were supposed to be.  I saw kids giving up on plays.  Saw kids coming out of the game frequently because they were cramped up or maybe a little gassed.  If it means more, that’s not happening in game 14.  Just doesn’t. My knowledge of the FC program is not abundant but I know enough from what I observe on the field and off.  No need to go into that and pour salt into a wound.  FC has a fine HC, plenty of quality athletes, solid support and appears to be in the process of establishing a fine tradition.  If CEJ stays there and can get Everyone bought in 110%, watch out.  Congrats on a good season and a great run over the recent seasons.
I was visiting Thanksgiving style with my family this weekend, so I had to miss updating this game. I did have a good friend, who shall remain anonymous, that was texting me updates. He will remain anonymous because I want to tell you the truth about his updating skills. There was a time, when I was driving on the interstate, that my daughter was communicating with this person. She told him upfront what was going on, and that she would relay messages to me and my messages back to him. This person was so in to this game, that he doesn't even remember that!! He would text garbled indecipherable messages. My daughter and I were rolling in the floor at some of these messages!!! My gratitude to him for his efforts and my humor!!

Now, this game was not a 14 point game, as far as I'm concerned. It was much closer and back and forth, and up and down; a true roller coaster. Sounded like the best game of the year to me!

So congratulations are earned by both teams, and I wish nothing but the best for Franklin county, their Seniors and next year's team.

Congratulations to the Hounds, and I hope you bring back the hardware!!! I SO enjoyed this game even if I couldn't update it!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Hound05, Old School Hound
Cameron Combs was in Beast Mode running the ball last night. Just wanted to brag a little on this young man. He really has good vision and the way he runs with the body language speaks for itself. He runs hard and elusive, weaving and making defenders miss him. Then when needed he has that burst of speed. Has some power run game as well.

Brody Wells. Can't brag enough about this young man. He is a Prime Time Player and in big games he rises up! Very proud of this young man.

Kid Elam. I may need to rename him "Clutch" Elam. This dude is a winner. Calm, and just puts the needle on the record.

There was just so many kids doing there parts last night and playing some good football. I like watching good games and this one will go down as one of the best I have seen in person. Franklin County looked to me to play one of there best games of the season last night, and they are a tuff out every year in the playoffs no matter who they play. I thought they had a very good game plan and played a heck of a game last night.

I thought Jacob Baker did a great job under pressure of hitting those important field goals when the game was so close.

How about those bigs last night coming in and helping out on the defense. So proud of this whole team. I'm like T.D. Hounds. I was tore up for all the players last night hoping they could pull it out and man did they ever. This team is playing some of the best football I have seen this year at the right time.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, BEChargers, Granny Bear, Old School Hound, Sgt Slaughter, TD Hounds
(11-26-2022, 03:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Cameron Combs was in Beast Mode running the ball last night. Just wanted to brag a little on this young man. He really has good vision and the way he runs with the body language speaks for itself. He runs hard and elusive, weaving and making defenders miss him. Then when needed he has that burst of speed. Has some power run game as well.

Brody Wells. Can't brag enough about this young man. He is a Prime Time Player and in big games he rises up! Very proud of this young man.

Kid Elam. I may need to rename him "Clutch" Elam. This dude is a winner. Calm, and just puts the needle on the record.

There was just so many kids doing there parts last night and playing some good football. I like watching good games and this one will go down as one of the best I have seen in person. Franklin County looked to me to play one of there best games of the season last night, and they are a tuff out every year in the playoffs no matter who they play. I thought they had a very good game plan and played a heck of a game last night.

I thought Jacob Baker did a great job under pressure of hitting those important field goals when the game was so close.

How about those bigs last night coming in and helping out on the defense. So proud of this whole team. I'm like T.D. Hounds. I was tore up for all the players last night hoping they could pull it out and man did they ever. This team is playing some of the best football I have seen this year at the right time.

So you kind of pissed your pants just a little too…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
(11-26-2022, 05:06 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 03:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Cameron Combs was in Beast Mode running the ball last night. Just wanted to brag a little on this young man. He really has good vision and the way he runs with the body language speaks for itself. He runs hard and elusive, weaving and making defenders miss him. Then when needed he has that burst of speed. Has some power run game as well.

I stay tore up! I shouldn’t have drunk a big coffee before the game lol!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear, TD Hounds
Too much hot chocolate!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(11-26-2022, 05:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

By the 4th quarter I needed coffee with a different kind of kick to it…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-26-2022, 03:31 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I was visiting Thanksgiving style with my family this weekend, so I had to miss updating this game.  I did have a good friend, who shall remain anonymous, that was texting me updates.  He will remain anonymous because I want to tell you the truth about his updating skills.  There was a time, when I was driving on the interstate, that my daughter was communicating with this person.  She told him upfront what was going on, and that she would relay messages to me and my messages back to him.  This person was so in to this game, that he doesn't even remember that!!  He would text garbled indecipherable messages.  My daughter and I were rolling in the floor at some of these messages!!!  My gratitude to him for his efforts and my humor!!

Now, this game was not a 14 point game, as far as I'm concerned.  It was much closer and back and forth, and up and down; a true roller coaster.  Sounded like the best game of the year to me!

So congratulations are earned by both teams, and I wish nothing but the  best for Franklin county, their Seniors and next year's team.

Congratulations to the Hounds, and I hope you bring back the hardware!!!  I SO enjoyed this game even if I couldn't update it!!!
Hahahaha. I love you!!! Maybe they were just trying to make it more suspenseful since it was such a boring game lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-26-2022, 05:43 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I needed one of those PJ “nervous” pills!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-26-2022, 08:19 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Are those called “smoked hind end”…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Granny Bear, Hound05
(11-26-2022, 01:30 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 01:07 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 11:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Congratulations to Corbin and their fans. Their passionate fan base reminds me of Pikeville fans. See you at Kroger and best of luck to the Redhounds.
Just bigger and more of us? Lol. 
(11-26-2022, 12:50 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Good win for Corbin they had to earn it. Fc didn’t have enough on the edges to finish.  FC every bit  as physical as Corbin. Even though much smaller and younger. Hats off to em. Corbin will handle Boyle. Fc up in this game with four minutes to go, Elam took em down to win in no time.
Hats off to you guys!! Heck of a ball game. I had to think back if anyone punted…. Outside of that first 3 and out by FC no one did the rest of the game. I watched you guys play after some switches were made, I told everyone at the beginning of the week it’s gonna be a battle! Some hard hits and outstanding catches! The last part more you than us, until the end. I’m still not sure how they caught two of them?! Can’t say enough good things about that team. We would keep you in check for 2 or 3 plays and then boom! Heck of a game. Both defenses should get back to the drawing board on a couple things, but proud of the big red D! They showed up when it counted. 

combs and Elam were insane tonight! Elam placed every pass right on the money except for me screen play. Not many other QBs can do that at any level for an entire game! Criss cross cam combs was shredding flyers like cheese going on a pizza. No answer for him. Hell there wasn’t an answer for any offensive player haha. But none of that would have happened if that O line wasn’t destroying defenders. Did i say it was a heck of a game? Lol. Don’t know how many FC is gonna lose, but if they are soph and junior…. Watch out.
Combs is my favorite player.
Combs are awesome people...
Me and a couple or three Old Hounds were watching in our backyard perch and we were debating some of the late game calls. What did you guys think of the kicking the FG on the next to last Corbin drive. We were up three and had it fourth and goal from the 4 yd line, I believe. Would any of you have gone for it there? It looked like Greer was close to going, then decided to kick. On the one hand, we could have all but put the game away . The way we were moving the ball, you have to think our chances were 75% to make the TD and go up two scores. The FG put us up six. Most of us OLd Hounds feared that dreaded one point loss. We hadn't been able to get off the field most of the night, as Franklin make third and fourth down conversions all night. You had to feel there was a good chance we go down 35-34 late in the game. Fortunately, there was enough time left for us to make the TD and go back ahead.

So, what would you have done? Kicked the FG to go up six and try to hold them or make one play and effectively put the game away. Even if you shun the FG, you are still up three and Franklin has to go 96 yards or kick a game-tying FG.
(11-26-2022, 11:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Me and a couple or three Old Hounds were watching in our backyard perch and we were debating  some of the late game calls. What did you guys think of the kicking the FG on the next to last Corbin drive. We were up three and had it fourth and goal from the 4 yd line, I believe. Would any of you have gone for it there? It looked like Greer was close to going, then decided to kick. On the one hand, we could have all but put the game away . The way we were moving the ball, you have to think our chances were 75% to make the TD and go up two scores. The FG put us up six. Most of us OLd Hounds feared that dreaded one point loss. We hadn't been able to get off the field most of the night, as Franklin make third and fourth down conversions all night. You had to feel there was a good chance we go down 35-34 late in the game. Fortunately, there was enough time left for us to make the TD and go back ahead.

So, what would you have done? Kicked the FG to go up six and try to hold them or make one play and effectively put the game away. Even if you shun the FG, you are still up three and Franklin has to go 96 yards or kick  a game-tying FG.

It ended up working out and I think it probably would have without the pick six, but I have to say I was thinking the same thing at the time and I’d have prolly went for the TD….but I am TD Hounds…
(11-27-2022, 12:42 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 11:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Me and a couple or three Old Hounds were watching in our backyard perch and we were debating  some of the late game calls. What did you guys think of the kicking the FG on the next to last Corbin drive. We were up three and had it fourth and goal from the 4 yd line, I believe. Would any of you have gone for it there? It looked like Greer was close to going, then decided to kick. On the one hand, we could have all but put the game away . The way we were moving the ball, you have to think our chances were 75% to make the TD and go up two scores. The FG put us up six. Most of us OLd Hounds feared that dreaded one point loss. We hadn't been able to get off the field most of the night, as Franklin make third and fourth down conversions all night. You had to feel there was a good chance we go down 35-34 late in the game. Fortunately, there was enough time left for us to make the TD and go back ahead.

So, what would you have done? Kicked the FG to go up six and try to hold them or make one play and effectively put the game away. Even if you shun the FG, you are still up three and Franklin has to go 96 yards or kick  a game-tying FG.

It ended up working out and I think it probably would have without the pick six, but I have to say I was thinking the same thing at the time and I’d have prolly went for the TD….but I am TD Hounds…

That you are, my friend. And we all the better for your presence here.  It was a tough call. If our defense had been holding them all night, I would have definitely gone for the FG. However, there was a good chance that the 1-pt deficit would happen, with us having inside of five minutes left. I think probably Greer felt like they would have to make one or two fourth down conversions to score(which they did). Plus, I think he felt pretty confident that we would have a very good chance at a winning score, even with just three or four minutes to work with.

Let me just say that the last two games have been amazing. Johnson Central and Franklin County proved themselves to be very much up to the challenge of competing with the Redhounds. Both the Golden Eagles and the Flyers were absolutely outstanding football teams. Either one of them would have been a very worthy participant in a state championship game, had they advanced. They, along with Corbin, gave us fans some extraordinarily entertaining football the past couple weeks. Fans of all three teams should be very proud of their young men and how well they represented their schools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • TD Hounds

I hope I get to stand beside you and cheer for them to win one more time.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Granny Bear, TD Hounds
(11-26-2022, 09:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 05:06 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: So you kind of pissed your pants just a little too…

I love the smell of smoked bird feathers in the morning.

With the defense not being stingy I'd go for the TD.
(11-27-2022, 02:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

That would have been my call as well(going for the TD). I think Greer thought hard about going for it and probably wished he had when Franklin went up a point.
  • TD Hounds
(11-27-2022, 03:17 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

That would have been my call as well(going for the TD). I think Greer thought hard about going for it and probably wished he had when Franklin went up a point.

I’ve not went back and looked or even tried to figure it up but I’d like to know our average time of possession cause it couldn’t have been long, no more than 2 1/2 - 3 minutes tops….It was taking FC substantially more time to score even if they where getting the points they where chewing up clock, one could only guess the thinking was to try and put them in a position where they started having to throw the ball consistently which we did and we all see the results of them not being able to mix it up as much…Just from the video I’ve seen it looks like Wells had read that play before the ball was snapped he started cheating over before it was snapped anyway….
(11-27-2022, 04:10 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 03:17 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I’ve not went back and looked or even tried to figure it up but I’d like to know our average time of possession cause it couldn’t have been long, no more than 2 1/2 - 3 minutes tops….It was taking FC substantially more time to score even if they where getting the points they where chewing up clock, one could only guess the thinking was to try and put them in a position where they started having to throw the ball consistently which we did and we all see the results of them not being able to mix it up as much…Just from the video I’ve seen it looks like Wells had read that play before the ball was snapped he started cheating over before it was snapped anyway….

Yep, James' offense had very little margin of error for Franklin to stay in the game. They had to be a highly efficient, creepy crawly offense, keeping the ball away from Corbin and converting on most of their third and fourth down possessions. They were amazing in their conversion rate on third and fourth downs. Corbin would take the ball and score in two or three minutes and  FC would slowly and methodically matriculate the ball down the field, trying to shorten the game AND Corbin's time with the ball. Franklin needed one stop without points allowed and maybe one more fourth down conversion(they turned it over on downs deep in their own territory on a 4th and 1). James did a masterful job with his creepy crawly control the clock strategy. It almost rewarded him with a huge upset.
  • TD Hounds
(11-27-2022, 02:51 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 09:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 05:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I stay tore up! I shouldn’t have drunk a big coffee before the game lol!  Smile

I love the smell of smoked bird feathers in the morning.
Big Grin Your something else
(11-26-2022, 01:20 AM)16 special Wrote: Fc loses 7 seniors of this team that are big time contributors. Bulk of team comes back. I think 7 on o and 8/9 on defense plus the kicker. Should be right back in the hunt come next year. Congrats to Corbin. They were the superior team from top to bottom. That atmosphere is second to none. Good luck next week. I think if they stick to what got them to this point on offense, they will win.
What year is number 10? He's a heck of a player. If he had few more inches of height he'd be unstoppable.