Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 49 Louisville Holy Cross 6
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Final.
We get what we all wanted. Pikeville vs Raceland
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
BIG statement from the Rams.
Congratulations Ramland see you Friday
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Orange Blaze
Holy Cross had a great season….they have nothing to hang their heads about. They simply didn’t have the horses to compete in this game. They have a couple nice players but just not enough.

The Holy Cross mom on the sidelines was killing me. She swears we are a 5a school and we are cheating hahah

I know I’m gonna catch $hit over this but…maybe we don’t let off fireworks while the other teams season just came to an end and they are on the field crying?? I mean…..a couple fireworks would be ok but damn…..we put on a show that would rival Ashlands fireworks at the 4th of July haha damn
Congrats to the Rams for making it to the finals! This game was over from the opening snap and Raceland came out firing on all cylinders. Typically I try to say good things about the other team but this Holy Cross team had a bad attitude and played dirty. They also had a lot of late hits that weren’t called. I also heard several players cussing before running on the field and imo that just isn’t a good look for a Christian school. As a program they have a lot of growing up to do before if they want to make it to a title game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, RAMDAD50
Way to go Rams!
(11-26-2022, 12:07 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Holy Cross had a great season….they have nothing to hang their heads about. They simply didn’t have the horses to compete in this game. They have a couple nice players but just not enough.

The Holy Cross mom on the sidelines was killing me. She swears we are a 5a school and we are cheating hahah

I know I’m gonna catch $hit over this but…maybe we don’t let off fireworks while the other teams season just came to an end and they are on the field crying?? I mean…..a couple fireworks would be ok but damn…..we put on a show that would rival Ashlands fireworks at the 4th of July haha damn
I’m kinda with ya. When we won at Raceland in 2020 I told my wife as I looked back and thought about the total opposite levels of emotions. On our end that post season we were up, happy and celebrating but as I looked at the opposite end I saw seniors still setting in the grass by the goal line that they were so close to crossing and their HS careers were over. Young men that went through the same two a days in the heat. Work just as hard as the winning team but unfortunately came up short. Just the nature of sports. Someone has to win, someone has to lose. Losing is always tough but especially for those seniors that have played their last game. Congrats to the Rams on the win and for getting ready to win their first State Title!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • rookie57
Congrats Rams… I knew this would be a a game where Raceland wouldn’t have any problem. Holy Cross is similar to Williamsburg with a quarterback running around looking for open guys down field who 75 % wants to take off. I knew he wouldn’t have the time because Raceland would have pressure on him all night. They did exactly that. They probably don’t score if Raceland doesn’t shank that kick.
Congrats to Raceland for making it to the state title game again. I hope they can upset UPike…er, Pikeville.
They would have a better chance vs UPike
No trash talk from me this week I won’t be on here lol
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 16thregioner, Deuce8
This may have been one of the worst officiated games I’ve ever witnessed. The one possession holy cross scored on they should never have had the ball. We intercepted a pass the play before but somehow they called pass interference on the Raceland kid who was in front of the reciever when he intercepted it. Couldn’t get to the QB because every time we came off the edge they just grabbed us and pulled us down to the turf. If these guys are calling in the finals I hope they don’t have our game Friday.
I wonder if the officials from our game and Pikevilles had a plan to keep he independent schools out of the shop. Pville dealt with the same stuff from what I was told. From the jump that crew was calling that game at Ramland like it was a mercy killing. I heard that both crews will be at Kroger next weekend. Hoping and praying neither is working 1A game.
Congrats to the Rams!!

Here's to a injury free and fantastic state championship game next Friday!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • Orange Blaze
One consistent theme in both the Pikeville game and the Raceland game was terrible officiating. The scores kinda of out shadow the terrible officiating but can you imagine these calls in a close game? Buckle up for this championship game, might be the worst called championship game in KHSAA history.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(11-26-2022, 12:59 PM)Hambley Wrote: One consistent theme in both the Pikeville game and the Raceland game was terrible officiating. The scores kinda of out shadow the terrible officiating but can you imagine these calls in a close game? Buckle up for this championship game, might be the worst called championship game in KHSAA history.
In our game, a Holy Cross player was pushed out of bounds and ran through our bench and laid out one of our coaches and we got a 5 yard penalty for it.
There was also a sideline interference call in the raceland game on a play that ended between the numbers and the hashes. There was also around 15 or 20 holding penalties that were not called. Raceland was within about a yard of the QB every snap. When we didn’t get to him, their were very obvious holds. HC would have had around 12 yards of offense had the game been called correctly and probably negative yards rushing. Some of the stories from the Pikeville game I have heard are just as bad. Our only hope is if the officiating is garbage, it’s garbage both ways.

Tbh, last nights crew called that game like a JFL 6th grade game. Refs been there all day and it’s time to get out of there and not let the dominant team score any more. Horrid.