Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Franklin County
11.11%
Corbin
88.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin County @ Corbin 11/25
(11-25-2022, 03:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 02:44 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 02:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 01:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 01:36 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: I see no reason to against the hounds at home.  Long bus ride hangover and should be an amazing crowd

Corbin 31 FC 27
It’s gonna be a battle, FC has knocked out a 1 loss and an undefeated team on their journey here!!
Hound, what did Central do to shut down Franklin ? I thought Franklin would win that one.  was Franklin just that bad on offense or was Central that spectacular?

(11-25-2022, 02:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 01:55 PM)Hound05 Wrote: It does include the satisfaction of watching pork butts/Hind ends getting smoked

And birds that can't fly.

So true. If a bird can't take to the air, it ain't beating Corbin.

From what I’ve seen on that game Central’s defense shut down the run, ie Moorman before he was switched to more of a slot back…And FC couldn’t contain Central’s RB enough to keep him outta the end zone…Like Hound said our young men gonna have to show up tonight and play like they want it, FC is a completely different team from the last time we played them or since they played Central imo…
Yea that’s pretty much what I saw. Central just shut down the run. But if I’m recalling right moorman was used more as a slot than the starting RB. They did motion him over and he ran a few times. Maybe 10 or so, but couldn’t get anything. The other RB had more success. He was more of a big power back, not real fast but powerful. But centrals defense and the way they stopped the run was more of a high risk run stop. They literally brought the house when they came, and they came 95% of the time. They didn’t look to disciplined when they did though, because every once in a while they’d come out of control and FC would bust a big run. Centrals close out speed stopped the screens too, which begs the question why didn’t FC throw over the middle and slants? 

I’m about sure our D is gonna give upna few points. Not that it’s worse than centrals, just different. We aren’t bringing the house and playing man on everyone. Pretty sure centralnleft some backs open, they had too. But FCs line is now smaller but quicker than what we seen the first time, it should be a battle of strength vs speed. I’m more worried about covering moorman as a WR than I was with him in the backfield.  Plus they have that big RB and a quick QB, it was a terrific change for coach James in all honesty. It will be a battle! I have no doubts. A lot don’t remember the score going into the half the first time aroind

First half was very close. I think it was 10-6 at the half.
Yep. Add the fact there were 4 “forced” turn overs (ones that we caused, they didn’t fumble a snap or something like that). I don’t know if we can do that again? Even if they score on 2 of those pos. that makes it a game. Better strap up tonight!
Corbin and Christ march on…

C - 41
FC - 14
Good luck to the Redhounds tonight hope you guys get the trip you been looking for and meet up with your x coach and the Boyle County Rebels
Live stream?
(11-25-2022, 08:16 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Live stream?
Maybe T1 Sports
(11-25-2022, 08:16 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Live stream?
T107.3 fm
is 107.3 only for video now?
(11-25-2022, 03:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 02:44 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 02:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 01:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 01:36 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: I see no reason to against the hounds at home.  Long bus ride hangover and should be an amazing crowd

Corbin 31 FC 27
It’s gonna be a battle, FC has knocked out a 1 loss and an undefeated team on their journey here!!
Hound, what did Central do to shut down Franklin ? I thought Franklin would win that one.  was Franklin just that bad on offense or was Central that spectacular?

(11-25-2022, 02:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 01:55 PM)Hound05 Wrote: It does include the satisfaction of watching pork butts/Hind ends getting smoked

And birds that can't fly.

So true. If a bird can't take to the air, it ain't beating Corbin.

From what I’ve seen on that game Central’s defense shut down the run, ie Moorman before he was switched to more of a slot back…And FC couldn’t contain Central’s RB enough to keep him outta the end zone…Like Hound said our young men gonna have to show up tonight and play like they want it, FC is a completely different team from the last time we played them or since they played Central imo…
Yea that’s pretty much what I saw. Central just shut down the run. But if I’m recalling right moorman was used more as a slot than the starting RB. They did motion him over and he ran a few times. Maybe 10 or so, but couldn’t get anything. The other RB had more success. He was more of a big power back, not real fast but powerful. But centrals defense and the way they stopped the run was more of a high risk run stop. They literally brought the house when they came, and they came 95% of the time. They didn’t look to disciplined when they did though, because every once in a while they’d come out of control and FC would bust a big run. Centrals close out speed stopped the screens too, which begs the question why didn’t FC throw over the middle and slants? 

I’m about sure our D is gonna give upna few points. Not that it’s worse than centrals, just different. We aren’t bringing the house and playing man on everyone. Pretty sure centralnleft some backs open, they had too. But FCs line is now smaller but quicker than what we seen the first time, it should be a battle of strength vs speed. I’m more worried about covering moorman as a WR than I was with him in the backfield.  Plus they have that big RB and a quick QB, it was a terrific change for coach James in all honesty. It will be a battle! I have no doubts. A lot don’t remember the score going into the half the first time aroind

I guess I missed the other back while I was watching the film but I sure picked up on it quickly last night…