Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lloyd 41 Breathitt Co 32
Final
Penalties, a crucial turnover, and a “bizarre” kick return were the story of this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • wolfcat
Breathitt just couldn't do anything with Lloyd's run game.
Both offenses moved ball at will.

I don't have the numbers on penalty yards but Breathitt had to have well over 100 yards of penalties against them.

(11-19-2022, 12:17 AM)ROTC Wrote: Penalties, a crucial turnover, and a “bizarre” kick return were the story of this game.
Yes it was.
I don't want it to sound like sour grapes but on a neutral field with different refs Breathitt wins by 2 TDs.
(11-19-2022, 12:17 AM)wolfcat Wrote: Breathitt just couldn't do anything with Lloyd's run game.

I don't have the numbers on penalty yards but Breathitt had to have well over 100 yards of penalties against them.

(11-19-2022, 12:17 AM)ROTC Wrote: Penalties, a crucial turnover, and a “bizarre” kick return were the story of this game.
Yes it was.
I don't want it to sound like a sore loser but on a neutral field with different revs Breathitt wins by 2 TDs.
Breathitt shot themselves in the foot several times and they did give up some big plays, but this had to be one of the worst officiated games I have seen especially in the playoffs. I have have seen some bad calls during the regular season through the years, but this one was probably the worst one I have ever seen in the postseason.
(11-19-2022, 12:17 AM)wolfcat Wrote: Breathitt just couldn't do anything with Lloyd's run game.

Yes it was.
I don't want it to sound like sour grapes but on a neutral field with different refs Breathitt wins by 2 TDs.
That’s what it sounds Like.   It’s unfair and unrealistic for Breathitt to get back to the Breathitt of old. They need to clear the staff and clear the culture.  Bring someone in that teaches discipline, and quit playin daddy ball.   Even at the middle school level. Kyle Moore, Shorty Combs will never get them there. Just because you were great players doesn’t even mean you will be a good coach.  There has to be pride, work, discipline in the locker room.  Mark it down, they will never get there again unless there is a change at the top.
I don’t know if the calls were bad or not; no replay on my live feed. But one example of a BAD…NO CALL- Breathitt was in the bone and had the FB AND LEFT HALF BACK BOTH LEAVE EARLY!!!! No call.

Hats off to the COMBS kid: he single handedly tried to Will his team to victory.

These are HS kids; so, I won’t mention any negative things about individual kids from Breathitt….but there were some let downs.

I thought the coaches from BHS called a good game; just so many dang penalties!!!!
(11-19-2022, 12:35 AM)ROTC Wrote: I don’t know if the calls were bad or not; no replay on my live feed.  But one example of a BAD…NO CALL- Breathitt was in the bone and had the FB AND LEFT HALF BACK BOTH LEAVE EARLY!!!!  No call. 

Hats off to the COMBS kid: he single handedly tried to Will his team to victory.

These are HS kids; so, I won’t mention any negative things about individual kids from Breathitt….but there were some let downs.

I thought the coaches from BHS called a good game; just so many dang penalties!!!!
Yeah Breathitt was the benefit from a at least 1 or 2 bad calls as well, but the majority went against them and all at very key times/plays too it seemed like. They clean up the self inflicted wounds and they still win this game even with the terrible calls, but it was impossible to overcome both.
This is a terrible take, trying to compare the team right now to some of the best teams to ever play highschool football is not very reasonable. I think taking a team to the regional championship with a team loaded with mostly freshman and non seniors is a major accomplishment. Not sure if your a fly on the wall in the locker room but I think this team had loads of heart and discipline, just came up a little short tonight. In small towns like jackson your not getting loads of talent from large cities like some of these other schools. I’m proud of my bobcats for the amazing season they had
[-] The following 3 users Like Bobcatfan34's post:
  • Deuce8, KySportsfan74, Westside
It would have been nice to play another week, but in reality neither one of these teams will stay within 3 TD of Beechwood they are on another level this year. Breathitt is really young and should be in the mix for the next few years.
(11-19-2022, 12:39 AM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote: This is a terrible take, trying to compare the team right now to some of the best teams to ever play highschool football is not very reasonable. I think taking a team to the regional championship with a team loaded with mostly freshman and non seniors is a major accomplishment. Not sure if your a fly on the wall in the locker room but I think this team had loads of heart and discipline, just came up a little short tonight. In small towns like jackson your not getting loads of talent from large cities like some of these other schools. I’m proud of my bobcats for the amazing season they had

And this is how a REALISTIC person and a lover of their community should react to this game tonight.  I share your sentiments, SIR!

But to try and call SHORTY COMBS out as a DADDY BALL- guy.  No, you say that to his face or anyone else who has had a kid come up through the LUMBERJACKS!!!!???
Did you even watch the game.  COMBS kid played his A$$ off.  He doesn’t need his DADDY TO GET WHAT HE GETS!!

(11-19-2022, 12:39 AM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote: This is a terrible take, trying to compare the team right now to some of the best teams to ever play highschool football is not very reasonable. I think taking a team to the regional championship with a team loaded with mostly freshman and non seniors is a major accomplishment. Not sure if your a fly on the wall in the locker room but I think this team had loads of heart and discipline, just came up a little short tonight. In small towns like jackson your not getting loads of talent from large cities like some of these other schools. I’m proud of my bobcats for the amazing season they had
To question Kyle Moore and Shorty Combs football knowledge and more importantly their character is comical. Tonight was a tough lose and had some head scratching calls to say the least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Deuce8
Kyle is a high character coach who does a great job.
I watched the game and it was my first time seeing both teams.

If that was daddy ball with the Combs kid, I want to see the player he is playing in front of because he probably has offers from every SEC school. Combs was everywhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • ROTC
(11-19-2022, 09:48 AM)IAM22 Wrote: I watched the game and it was my first time seeing both teams.

If that was daddy ball with the Combs kid, I want to see the player he is playing in front of because he probably has offers from every SEC school. Combs was everywhere.
The SEC school thing is a bit of a stretch, but that kid is a beast for aa soph and he played his butt off in that game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KySportsfan74's post:
  • ROTC
(11-19-2022, 09:48 AM)IAM22 Wrote: I watched the game and it was my first time seeing both teams.

(11-19-2022, 09:50 AM)KySportsfan74 Wrote:

The SEC school thing is a bit of a stretch, but that kid is a beast for aa soph and he played his butt off in that game.
I am saying the kid he is playing in front of must have offers from SEC schools.....sarcasm. Directed to the daddy ball post.
I will edit it to be more clear. Sorry too late to edit.
(11-19-2022, 09:55 AM)IAM22 Wrote:

(11-19-2022, 09:50 AM)KySportsfan74 Wrote:

I am saying the kid he is playing in front of must have offers from SEC schools.....sarcasm. Directed to the daddy ball post.
I will edit it to be more clear. Sorry too late to edit.
Haha yes I would agree with that for sure. I misread what you were saying.
Stupid people making SRUPID comments is how you discourage HIGH QUALITY people and show them that their efforts mean nothing.

Shorty Combs single handedly is the one guy MOST responsible for Breathitt’s resurgence as a football program. The state came in and they had Arch Turner and Mike Holcomb in the crosshairs.

Arch went to prison and Holcomb went to LCC. The state eliminated youth football. And SHORTY COMBS started the Lumberjacks program.

The man has spent hundreds of hours on fields developing and mentoring kids. His children are hard working, wonderfully polite, awesome students with bright smiles.

He attends church with his family and also operates a business on the side. Makes me sick that some idiot would get on here and bash this man and his sweet kids!!!

Stop it! You are wrong and dumb! Breathitt lost; there were some mistakes and I couldn’t see if every time Breathitt ran outside zone left and ripped off a big run there was a hold or not. If there was, maybe a little coaching emphasis should go there next season. But don’t come at these guys with unfounded accusations of favoritism.

These men love Breathitt County and it’s people. BHS doesn’t need a change at all. They will be an extremely tough out next year. Time to take a few weeks off. Rest regroup, and get in the weight room.
[-] The following 3 users Like ROTC's post:
  • Deuce8, KySportsfan74, Wolfeman
I know it may seem off the wall but it’s real. Also the daddy ball comment has nothing to do with Combs. He is a great young high school player. We will see his senior year who he signs with.

I stand by my comment with Kyle and Shorty leading the program though. What have they done? It’s also comical for you guys to say that they coach a disciplined team, or a hard working team. Those teams win, like they did in the 90s and early 2000s with Holcomb and Chapman. The same kids are there now as they were then. Maybe I should throw player development in there as a negative as well.
(11-19-2022, 12:15 PM)HighViz Wrote: I know it may seem off the wall but it’s real.  Also the daddy ball comment has nothing to do with Combs. He is a great young high school player. We will see his senior year who he signs with.

I stand by my comment with Kyle and Shorty leading the program though. What have they done? It’s also comical for you guys to say that they coach a disciplined team, or a hard working team.  Those teams win, like they did in the 90s and early 2000s with Holcomb and Chapman.  The same kids are there now as they were then. Maybe I should throw player development in there as a negative as well.
Trash post.  What does who Kory signs with have anything to do with ANYTHING?  Pretty low to take a shot at a HS sophomore…. You can have your opinions but it doesn’t make them right.  There’s not a leadership problem at Breathitt. Program was literally cut off at the knees by the state. The future is bright.  Kids got hosed last night and it’s a crying shame.
Okay, I’m going to answer your question. During the ‘91 season(I think it was 91), Breathitt was 1-9 and literally beat Knott Co. on a run by Lat Harmon to win as time expired. I heard Holcomb say out of
his own mouth-“BYF football is killing me, and they won’t keep me around much longer with seasons like this. I am not getting the tough kids from out in the county to play anymore, and I am going to do something about it. This Spring, I’m gonna have an elementary football league.”

He did it; and the 42-1 run from 1995-7 was a byproduct of his efforts. Those teams were full of rough and tough country boys from places like River Caney.

What Breathitt went through with the state killing their elementary program put them almost back in that same kind of place.

Times have changed and Breathitt is the type of place a lot of motivated people have to leave to find opportunities. I don’t think the loss last night is due to players not being developed or poor coaching though and certainly not favoritism- at least not that I can see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • wolfcat
I would be interested to know who the Daddy Ball comment is referring to.
(11-19-2022, 12:15 AM)Breathitt was the better team. The refs were the difference in the game. It was a real joke. Sorry, I can’t ignore the elephant in the room. It was a ripoff Wrote: Final

Breathitt 33 flags. Loyd 5
I saw someone posted saying the bobcats aren’t disciplined. What crap! They haven’t had flags like that all season. Watch what you post,
Cuz it was BS anyway you look at it. One red was so fat he could barely bend over to pick up a flag. The kids deserve better and the powers that be should be ashamed
Also, in 1995-96 Breathitt high school had well over 700 kids now they have around 500. Losing 200 kids has an impact on your football program. The talent pool shrinks. The Lumberjack program has put things back on track and the high school team will see the talent level and football IQ rise over the next few years.
I don’t know who the above person is referring to. But. Y’all are delusional if you think Breathitt can get back to the top with the coaches mentioned above. I somewhat agree! And I’m from the area.

They are losing players to Hazard. And surrounding schools. For this exact reason.
They got royally screwed last night. Especially on the kick return.
(11-19-2022, 04:38 PM)bcpc Wrote: I don’t know who the above person is referring to.  But.  Y’all are delusional if you think Breathitt can get back to the top with the coaches mentioned above. I somewhat agree!  And I’m from the area.

They are losing players to Hazard.  And surrounding schools. For this exact reason.

That’s interesting thought process, since……Breathitt beat Hazard this year!!!  People crack me up!!!  BAHAHAHAHA
BC fans have been delusional the past 3 years. But when you have the county Attorney hyping them up with live feed and photos.. the kids actually believe that stuff.  Didn’t Kyle get fired from Bc and then move to PCC then brought back? I see shorty taking kyle’s job and handing the ball off to his three up coming boys- I think that answers the daddy ball comment. I could be wrong though. Might be all the politics from the lumberjack up to high school across all sports in BC.  Sad times. David and johnsons with the funds. Hollon’s transferring to PCC back to bc as long as he was the HFB. Shorty coaching because he has three boys coming  up. 

Program is a train wreck atm. Zero reason to have 30+ penalties in a game (what was the total play count) !

*zero disrespect to any of the players, they work hard*
[-] The following 1 user Likes AverageJoe's post:
  • bcpc
(11-19-2022, 04:50 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 04:38 PM)bcpc Wrote: I don’t know who the above person is referring to.  But.  Y’all are delusional if you think Breathitt can get back to the top with the coaches mentioned above. I somewhat agree!  And I’m from the area.

They are losing players to Hazard.  And surrounding schools. For this exact reason.

That’s interesting thought process, since……Breathitt beat Hazard this year!!!  People crack me up!!!  BAHAHAHAHA
Ur an obvious homer.   That’s ok.    You be like the rest of them and be ok with Breathitt makin it to the region and losing.     From 94-2010 the object was winning a ring.  Holcomb led that.  Anything less was a disappointment. Get tuff or get out.  No need for bullsh$t excuses. For anyone to say you have a disciplined program, a good staff that leads the team to 30 penalties a game.  Yea.  The jokes on you.
(11-19-2022, 05:13 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: BC fans have been delusional the past 3 years. But when you have the county Attorney hyping them up with live feed and photos.. the kids actually believe that stuff.  Didn’t Kyle get fired from Bc and then move to PCC then brought back? I see shorty taking kyle’s job and handing the ball off to his three up coming boys- I think that answers the daddy ball comment. I could be wrong though. Might be all the politics from the lumberjack up to high school across all sports in BC.  Sad times. David and johnsons with the funds. Hollon’s transferring to PCC back to bc as long as he was the HFB. Shorty coaching because he has three boys coming  up. 

Program is a train wreck atm. Zero reason to have 30+ penalties in a game (what was the total play count) !

Be honest with your self and answer this one single simple question:

why do you think Coach Holcomb left the only job he had ever had and a place where the stadium already bore his name while still active as a coach?

(11-19-2022, 05:17 PM)bcpc Wrote:

Ur an obvious homer.   That’s ok.    You be like the rest of them and be ok with Breathitt makin it to the region and losing.     From 94-2010 the object was winning a ring.  Holcomb led that.  Anything less was a disappointment. Get tuff or get out.  No need for bullsh$t excuses. For anyone to say you have a disciplined program, a good staff that leads the team to 30 penalties a game.  Yea.  The jokes on you.

I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself a homer.  I root for good people, and I don’t think Breathitt would be making a good move by switching coaches right now.  That’s all.  Poor mountain counties have been through a lot; Breathitt didn’t invest in much of an infrastructure during the height of the coal and timber booms.  What’s left there now is kinda sad in a lot of ways.
(11-19-2022, 05:26 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 05:13 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: BC fans have been delusional the past 3 years. But when you have the county Attorney hyping them up with live feed and photos.. the kids actually believe that stuff.  Didn’t Kyle get fired from Bc and then move to PCC then brought back? I see shorty taking kyle’s job and handing the ball off to his three up coming boys- I think that answers the daddy ball comment. I could be wrong though. Might be all the politics from the lumberjack up to high school across all sports in BC.  Sad times. David and johnsons with the funds. Hollon’s transferring to PCC back to bc as long as he was the HFB. Shorty coaching because he has three boys coming  up. 

Be honest with your self and answer this one single simple question:

why do you think Coach Holcomb left the only job he had ever had and a place where the stadium already bore his name while still active as a coach?

…cause his best friend and strongest person in the county got put behind bars for buying votes (which even more makes my point).  I’m sure he got a raise at LCC. That’s why he left.. 

I think personally think hilton should come on back up from TN and rescue the program again like he has done before.  I’m sure his wife would like to be back home after 40 years following him around. 

Would be perfect fit with power I shorty wants to run. 

(11-19-2022, 05:17 PM)bcpc Wrote:

I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself a homer.  I root for good people, and I don’t think Breathitt would be making a good move by switching coaches right now.  That’s all.  Poor mountain counties have been through a lot; Breathitt didn’t invest in much of an infrastructure during the height of the coal and timber booms.  What’s left there now is kinda sad in a lot of ways.