Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throughout the Illustrious 100 Season History of Corbin Redhound Football ...
It had happened just ONCE (87 years ago) ...

UNTIL THIS SEASON  !!!  

What is it ?
6 straight shutouts......
The 1935 Redhounds posted seven striaght shutouts to close the season.

The 1944 team posted five consecutive shutouts. Only a 6-6 tie with Harlan kept it from being a seven consecutive shutout stretch. That '44 team posted NINE shutouts on the season, allowing only 19 points over the first 11 games of that season.

A team that I remember well, the 1979 team , recorded six shutouts in a seven game stretch. Only a strong Church Hill, TN team scored on Corbin during that stretch; otherwise, that team would have had seven consecutive blanks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
Man!! I was gonna guess someone actually went #2 in the visitors toilet!
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8
Man, if there was a 7th straight shutout……..
(11-17-2022, 05:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Man, if there was a 7th straight shutout……..

I don't think it will happen but, if it does, I predict an 8th straight.
(11-17-2022, 05:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 05:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Man, if there was a 7th straight shutout……..

I don't think it will happen but, if it does, I predict an 8th straight.

I totally agree!
I look for JC to score two or three times. I just don't think it will be enough.
Wonder if they’ll get those slick Maroon jerseys next year like they did for the 75th anniversary?
Many Corbin fans know this but most outsiders don't . In Corbin's inaugural season, every game ended in a shutout. Unfortunately, for the Hounds, they were on the losing end in five of the seven games, being outscored 413-0 in those five shutout losses . The only wins Corbin could muster was a 3-0 win over Barbourville and a 52-0 pasting of Barbourville Baptist.

In what may be one of the biggest reversals of fortune within any one season in history, Corbin lost the last game of that season to Barbourville 60-0 after beating them earlier by 3.

For those who don't know, during that inaugural 1923 season, Corbin lost it's first official game ithe school ever played to the Pineville Mountain Lions by a score of 142- 0 !!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach
(11-17-2022, 04:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The 1935 Redhounds posted seven striaght shutouts to close the season.

The 1944 team  posted five consecutive shutouts. Only a 6-6 tie with Harlan kept it from being  a seven consecutive shutout stretch.  That '44 team posted NINE shutouts on the season, allowing only 19 points over the first 11 games of that season.

A team that I remember well, the 1979 team , recorded six shutouts in a seven game stretch. Only a strong Church Hill, TN team scored on Corbin during that stretch; otherwise,  that team would have had seven consecutive blanks.

There was a man over in that area past Tazewell that was inventing a flying machine just after 1900. An idiot kin to me killed him, making The Wright Brothers famous. lol
(11-17-2022, 09:15 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 04:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The 1935 Redhounds posted seven striaght shutouts to close the season.

The 1944 team  posted five consecutive shutouts. Only a 6-6 tie with Harlan kept it from being  a seven consecutive shutout stretch.  That '44 team posted NINE shutouts on the season, allowing only 19 points over the first 11 games of that season.

A team that I remember well, the 1979 team , recorded six shutouts in a seven game stretch. Only a strong Church Hill, TN team scored on Corbin during that stretch; otherwise,  that team would have had seven consecutive blanks.

There was a man over in that area past Tazewell that was inventing a flying machine just after 1900. An idiot kin to me killed him, making The Wright Brothers famous. lol

I’ve lost on that one… Smile
(11-17-2022, 06:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Many Corbin fans know this but most outsiders don't .  In Corbin's inaugural season, every game ended in a shutout. Unfortunately, for the Hounds, they were on the losing end in five of the seven games, being outscored  413-0 in those five shutout losses .  The only wins Corbin could muster  was  a 3-0 win over Barbourville and a 52-0 pasting of Barbourville Baptist. 

In what may be one of the biggest reversals of fortune within any one season in history,  Corbin lost the last game of that season to Barbourville  60-0 after beating them earlier by 3. 

For those who don't know,  during that inaugural 1923 season, Corbin lost it's first official game ithe school ever played to the  Pineville  Mountain Lions by a score of  142- 0 !!!
Dang !!I didn’t know that. They got beat worse than I did when I found papaws patch around looney creek

(11-17-2022, 05:40 PM)Corbin Wrote: Wonder if they’ll get those slick Maroon jerseys next year like they did for the 75th anniversary?
I heard they are wearing them next year. Along with the new updates to the stadium. We’re the last class to put’em in the grass. Lol. Colonel fan 72’s daughter I believe came up with that slogan. Awesome.
(11-17-2022, 05:03 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Man!! I was gonna guess someone actually went #2 in the visitors toilet!
Nobody ……… I mean nobody wants to bring the thunder there ….. JC people ….. it would be in your best interest to not feed kids before or after the game ….
Corbin's defense will bring the heat again tonight.

That ‘79 team was TOUGH. Who knocked them outta the playoffs? Pikeville?
(11-18-2022, 10:14 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: A team that I remember well, the 1979 team , recorded six shutouts in a seven game stretch. Only a strong Church Hill, TN team scored on Corbin during that stretch; otherwise,  that team would have had seven consecutive blanks.

That ‘79 team was TOUGH. Who knocked them outta the playoffs? Pikeville?

Yes,   16-0  at Corbin .