Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region players going on to play college ball
What 15th players do you know of that are going on to play college ball and where?
im not sure of any really, but I would say Friend will play somewhere.
What about Pat Tackett? Anyone know about him?
Alice Lloyd is interested in Burnett Little, Wittenberg U. has been in contact about Steven Stanley as well as Alice Lloyd.
isn't Robert playin' for Pikeville College?
Steven Stanley could play the PF in College.
Bentley, Friend, and Tackett could all go to small colleges.
I think some players could go to a small college and play. But, noone will go D-1 in the 15th. I could see bentley possibly going
D2. Maybe.
i heard bentley-sv, little-sf, stanley-sf, simon-bl are all heading toward alice lloyd this is a great bunch of idividuals and all can play like to see them all do good in the future
why can't players from the 15th make it in D-1? is it because they lack height? or what. I mean I can understand them not making it to Uk or places like that.. But Eastern, morehead and places like that aren't that great, and I think some boys around here could possibly make it as at least a walk-on. I mean watching EKU play the other day really got me thinking as to why basketball is so hard to make it to college on.
Do you see any Todd May's or Tim Couch guys ?No

They don't have the discipline, abiltiy/skill or height.
I also know that Simon has an offer from VA. Wise
You said todd may lacked size are u kidding
No NothingButNet, he was referring to Todd May and Tim Couch as being more of the stereotypical D-1 athlete to come out of the mountains.
I would put the Stereo Type of a 15th region player on Craig Ratliff, JR VanHoose, Todd Tackett, Jeremy Hall, and some others. All those kids went to D1 schools. A good book to read if anyone hasn't is Blue Yonder. It talks about the history of basketball in Kentucky. In it you will read about numerous offers these kids had schools such as Clemson, Notre Dame, UK, Louisville, Kansas, Cincinnati and several others.
No seniors from this year are D-1 material IMO. Bentley was considered the "best player" in the 15th region. Bentley will b lucky to make it at Pikeville College lol. He will probley go to a NAIA college such as Alice Lyod and such but no NAIA Divison Champs such as P-Ville College or G-Town. Your next great player to come out of this area and have a Ligit chance at going somewhere good is once again from Paintsville Landon Slone. I mean if you realy look at it IMO Jarrod Adkins was better than Bentley and hes rideing the pine at P-Ville College.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:No seniors from this year are D-1 material IMO. Bentley was considered the "best player" in the 15th region. Bentley will b lucky to make it at Pikeville College lol. He will probley go to a NAIA college such as Alice Lyod and such but no NAIA Divison Champs such as P-Ville College or G-Town. Your next great player to come out of this area and have a Ligit chance at going somewhere good is once again from Paintsville Landon Slone. I mean if you realy look at it IMO Jarrod Adkins was better than Bentley and hes rideing the pine at P-Ville College.

your right. bentley would never make it at pikeville college. he just dont have the criminal background that it usually takes to play there.
"fiveforfighting" Wrote:
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:No seniors from this year are D-1 material IMO. Bentley was considered the "best player" in the 15th region. Bentley will b lucky to make it at Pikeville College lol. He will probley go to a NAIA college such as Alice Lyod and such but no NAIA Divison Champs such as P-Ville College or G-Town. Your next great player to come out of this area and have a Ligit chance at going somewhere good is once again from Paintsville Landon Slone. I mean if you realy look at it IMO Jarrod Adkins was better than Bentley and hes rideing the pine at P-Ville College.

your right. bentley would never make it at pikeville college. he just dont have the criminal background that it usually takes to play there.

:lol: very true..
Point guards in college are ALOT quicker then Bentley there is no way he could even play at Pikeville college
Thats true lol Criminals run wild in P-ville College sports lol
Where will Aaron Branham of East Ridge play at next year

Eric Slone could play ball somewhere next year to
"ShowTime" Wrote:Where will Aaron Branham of East Ridge play at next year

Eric Slone could play ball somewhere next year to
That's what i'm wanting to know. They both have the potential to play college ball.
"Flowmaster" Wrote:I would put the Stereo Type of a 15th region player on Craig Ratliff, JR VanHoose, Todd Tackett, Jeremy Hall, and some others. All those kids went to D1 schools. A good book to read if anyone hasn't is Blue Yonder. It talks about the history of basketball in Kentucky. In it you will read about numerous offers these kids had schools such as Clemson, Notre Dame, UK, Louisville, Kansas, Cincinnati and several others.

There is no one in the 15th Region that comes close in comparison to the 4 guys you just mentioned. A lot of the guys that were considered average players in the 15th around that time would be premiere 15th region performers last year, this year, and next year.

Example, Jimmy Wayne Frazier of Paintsville. Was the 6th man on Paintsville's State Title team and could flat out abuse on anyone who played in the 15th Region tourney this year, including Landon Slone, Friend, Bentley, Tackett, McCarty, etc. He would have started at just about every other school in the 15th, but wouldn't have been the go-to guy at all of them.
IMO Slone and Branham both will b in the same boat as Bentley to small to play for a decent college team. Out of the three i would take Slone 1st then Bentley and then Branham. AB CHOCKED and did not carry his team when they needed him hes to weak to play at the next level IMO. They all three will go somewhere like Alice Lyod its as simple as that hope to c them somewhere better just dont c it happening.
"PHS_Moose" Wrote:isn't Robert playin' for Pikeville College?
Shurtleff?? If so then No....he is going to Georgetown to play football.
Alice lloyd is a great fit for the 15th, small competitive, plus it gives the mountain boys an excellent chance to further their education. While playing the sports they love. I could see bentley and branham having a nice career at alc. However, i think tackett(pat) is the only senior in the 15th that would have a shot at a larger program. Pikeville, cumberland, g-town etc..
I agree with u ArmCQB. Tackett is an all around athelete and has the HEART of a champion as he showed in the Regional tournament
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:IMO Slone and Branham both will b in the same boat as Bentley to small to play for a decent college team. Out of the three i would take Slone 1st then Bentley and then Branham. AB CHOCKED and did not carry his team when they needed him hes to weak to play at the next level IMO. They all three will go somewhere like Alice Lyod its as simple as that hope to c them somewhere better just dont c it happening.

i have heard that AB will be going to EKU but i dont know if he will even try to play basketball there. i havent heard anything about eric though. i think that both will have a hard time playing anywhere really. i like both guys and i think that they are decent players but i dont see them going anywhere in basketball past college level, if that even.
AB couldnt play at EKU imo lol i dont think hes going to try anyways ive talked to ppl from ER and they said he was just going to go to school there. If they made it past college i could have a stroke.
i dont think that he is good enough to play there either. truthfully, if anyone from East Ridge actually went on and tried to make a name for themselves in a big college or somewhere after college i would have a heart attack but it will not happen.......ever.....