Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LCA
64.29%
Owensboro Catholic
35.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA @ Owensboro Catholic 11/18
LCA will travel to Owensboro Catholic this Friday. 

LCA (8-4)
Aug 19, 22 Madison Central away (L) 34 - 38 Restoration 1 Roy Kidd Bowl
Aug 27, 22 Mercer County at Boyle County (W) 49 - 19 Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank 
Sep 2, 22 Belfry home (W) 36 - 7 
Sep 9, 22 Christian Academy-Louisville home (L) 14 - 49 
Sep 16, 22 Lexington Catholic away (L) 6 - 42 
Sep 23, 22 Pikeville away (L) 21 - 60 
Sep 30, 22 Washington County home (W) 56 - 21 
Oct 14, 22 Somerset away (W) 43 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Danville away (W) 38 - 21 
Oct 28, 22 Henry Clay home (W) 50 - 14
Nov 4, 22 Edmonson County home (W) 48 - 0  Class 2A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Somerset home (W) 42 - 13 Class 2A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Owensboro Catholic (9-3)
Aug 19, 22 Apollo away (W) 42 - 14 
Aug 26, 22 Daviess County home (L) 13 - 32 
Sep 2, 22 Union County away (L) 29 - 33 
Sep 9, 22 Owensboro home (W) 21 - 17 
Sep 16, 22 Christian Academy-Louisville away (L) 15 - 52 
Sep 23, 22 Hancock County away (W) 48 - 12 
Sep 30, 22 Todd County Central home (W) 47 - 37 
Oct 6, 22 Butler County away (W) 35 - 12 
Oct 21, 22 McLean County home (W) 40 - 6
Oct 28, 22 Elizabethtown home (W) 43 - 9 
Nov 4, 22 Fort Campbell at Steele Stadium, KWC (W) 54 - 8 Class 2A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 McLean County at Steele Stadium, KWC (W) 47 - 32 Class 2A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Thoughts?
Going with LCA if they are healthy
LCA visits Owensboro, their fans get their bellies full at Moonlight BBQ and they go home full and happy with a win.
LCA, and I don’t think it will be close
(11-12-2022, 08:21 PM)rookie57 Wrote: LCA, and I don’t think it will be close
What are you going by for this prediction? Name value, previous scores, common opponents? Not saying you're wrong, at all - I just don't personally see an LCA blowout. I know Boley gets all the press, but OC's Brady Atwell is also the real deal. Only a Sophomore, and has the size, strength, and speed of a big time qb. Both teams have been battle tested with similarly difficult schedules. Hard to play the what if game - and this is possibly what gets OC beat, but they should legit be 9-1. 7 turnovers (an anomaly, as I heard Atwell was playing sick) against Daviess County, and still very much in the game deep inti the 2nd half. And up 10 on Union with only like 2 minutes left - td, onside, td sealed their fate. Again, maybe they don't know how to win the big game. Guess we'll find out Friday night.
(11-13-2022, 01:42 AM)Westernkykid Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 08:21 PM)rookie57 Wrote: LCA, and I don’t think it will be close
What are you going by for this prediction? Name value, previous scores, common opponents? Not saying you're wrong, at all - I just don't personally see an LCA blowout. I know Boley gets all the press, but OC's Brady Atwell is also the real deal. Only a Sophomore, and has the size, strength, and speed of a big time qb. Both teams have been battle tested with similarly difficult schedules. Hard to play the what if game - and this is possibly what gets OC beat, but they should legit be 9-1. 7 turnovers (an anomaly, as I heard Atwell was playing sick) against Daviess County, and still very much in the game deep inti the 2nd half. And up 10 on Union with only like 2 minutes left - td, onside, td sealed their fate. Again, maybe they don't know how to win the big game. Guess we'll find out Friday night.
Just my opinion by watching film on them both, and just so you know, I’ve never been real good at that, lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Westernkykid
If I've looked at it correctly, the winner gets Mayfield (at least by most predictions).
OCath would be at home again, LCA would travel to War Memorial
LCA in a close one 

LCA- 28
OC- 21
(11-13-2022, 07:52 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: If I've looked at it correctly, the winner gets Mayfield (at least by most predictions).
OCath would be at home again, LCA would travel to War Memorial
Provided mayfield beats Metcalf, the winner of OC AND LCA would play mayfield. OC at home or LCA would travel to war memorial
Hope they wear each other out in a physical game with plenty of Passing and running and big hits.They will need it because Mayfield lays the wood!!!!
Bigger City Private - 41
Smaller City Private - 20
[-] The following 2 users Like Gitback Coach's post:
  • Deuce8, rookie57
LCA at Mayfield for semis.
The semis are reseeded and OC is #2 in Rpi. If they both win Matfield and OC would not play each other.
(11-13-2022, 10:30 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: The semis are reseeded and OC is #2 in Rpi. If they both win Matfield and OC would not play each other.
They will if mayfield beats Mcclean and OC beats. LCA
LCA win this shoot out!!!

LCA-48

OC- 28
(11-13-2022, 10:30 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: The semis are reseeded and OC is #2 in Rpi. If they both win Matfield and OC would not play each other.

What are you basing this off of?? In Rpi, these are the top 3..
1.Beechwood
2.O Cath
3.Mayfield
4. Dont even mater....
Those three are solidified in the RPI ...
Round 4
1 vs 4
( Beachwood vs dont mater)
2 vs 3
( O Cath vs Mayfield)
I picked LCA to win but I don't think it will be an easy one for them. OC is a good football team. Their offense & Brady Atwell get a lot of the attention, but they are sound on the defensive side of the ball too. They appear to be a well coached & disciplined defense. Their LBs are very good & have a nose for the football.

However, I think that Catholic's DBs may be a little out-matched. Their defense's strong points matches up well with the more run-heavy offenses of their district opponents but I'm not sure they are suited to stop a sound passing attack. I haven't seen LCA play in person but looking at schedules and statistics it appears that they can throw the ball around pretty efficiently.

They have one common opponent - CAL - who beat LCA 49 to 14 & Owensboro Catholic 52 to 15 - so pretty similar scores.

I think it will be a good game - I might make the drive to Owensboro to watch it - although if I do I'll be sitting on Lexington's side! I'm still a little sour at the way OC did my Cougars at the end of the game this past Friday...
(11-14-2022, 10:47 AM)#GoCougs Wrote: I picked LCA to win but I don't think it will be an easy one for them.  OC is a good football team.  Their offense & Brady Atwell get a lot of the attention, but they are sound on the defensive side of the ball too.  They appear to be a well coached & disciplined defense.  Their LBs are very good & have a nose for the football. 

However, I think that Catholic's DBs may be a little out-matched.  Their defense's strong points matches up well with the more run-heavy offenses of their district opponents but I'm not sure they are suited to stop a sound passing attack.  I haven't seen LCA play in person but looking at schedules and statistics it appears that they can throw the ball around pretty efficiently. 

They have one common opponent - CAL - who beat LCA 49 to 14 & Owensboro Catholic 52 to 15 - so pretty similar scores.

I think it will be a good game - I might make the drive to Owensboro to watch it - although if I do I'll be sitting on Lexington's side! I'm still a little sour at the way OC did my Cougars at the end of the game this past Friday...
What did OC do at the end of the game to sour you?
(11-14-2022, 10:47 AM)#GoCougs Wrote: I picked LCA to win but I don't think it will be an easy one for them.  OC is a good football team.  Their offense & Brady Atwell get a lot of the attention, but they are sound on the defensive side of the ball too.  They appear to be a well coached & disciplined defense.  Their LBs are very good & have a nose for the football. 

However, I think that Catholic's DBs may be a little out-matched.  Their defense's strong points matches up well with the more run-heavy offenses of their district opponents but I'm not sure they are suited to stop a sound passing attack.  I haven't seen LCA play in person but looking at schedules and statistics it appears that they can throw the ball around pretty efficiently. 

Not that it would have changed the outcome of the game because the LCA defense still gave up 50 points, but LCA did play the second half of this game without starting QB. Once again, this might not have changed the final result but I would imagine that LCA's offense would have scored at least a few more points had Boley been able to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • #GoCougs
Being that Mayfield is the three seed, we surely get the winner of this one. The only change will be where it’s played. If OC wins, they are the higher seed at number two. Therefore, Mayfield would travel to OC. If LCA wins, they are the lower seed and they will travel to War Memorial.
(11-14-2022, 11:27 AM)rookie57 Wrote:

What did OC do at the end of the game to sour you?

The OC head coach made his players exit the field without shaking hands at midfield as they typically do. They all ran off to the locker room and just left the MC kids and coaches standing there. I don't know for a fact what his deal was but it appeared that he was maybe upset because on the final drive of the game he put his backups in the game on defense but McLean kept their offensive starters in and scored another TD. However, MC had kicked and recovered an onside kick & was using time-outs - it was apparent MC was trying to score again. Its not like they saw the OC backups in & said oh here's our chance to score a cheap TD.

From my perspective I thought it was a pretty classless move - you just won a big playoff game but your going to throw a tantrum because the opponent didn't throw in the towel and kept playing the until the end of the game? That's how it all came across to me, but I'm a Cougar fan so I'm sure I'd see it differently if I was a OC fan.
Cougs, did it sour you that one of the McLean varsity players punched one of the OC JV players with 1.8 seconds left in the game on an extra point play (that's why McLean kicked off from their own 25) that was already over when the personal foul was called. Or was it the onside kick with 1.8 seconds left in the game (which McLean did not attempt to cover IMHO) where McLean just tried to torpedo the bunch of Sophs and Freshman players. I feel like OC was justified in what they did after the game. What OC did was for the safety of all the player on both sidelines. Plus, why would they take a risk on something happening after the game then get a couple of players suspended for the 3rd round.

I hate it that any high school team would do anything to sour someone on a great game that we all love. McLean has done a great job of turning the program around over the past 5 years of so. I've got nothing bad to say about them but I do think that what OC did was justified. Again this is just my opinion.
(11-14-2022, 01:45 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: Cougs, did it sour you that one of the McLean varsity players punched one of the OC JV players with 1.8 seconds left in the game on an extra point play (that's why McLean kicked off from their own 25) that was already over when the personal foul was called.  Or was it the onside kick (which McLean did not attempt to cover IMHO) where McLean just tried to torpedo the bunch of Sophs and Freshman players.  I feel like OC was justified in what they did after the game.  What OC did was for the safety of all the player on both sidelines.  Plus, why would they take a risk on something happening after the game then get a couple of players suspended for the 4th round.

I hate it that any high school team would do anything to sour someone on a great game that we all love.  McLean has done a great job of turning the program around over the past 5 years of so.  I've got nothing bad to say about them but I do think that what OC did was justified.  Again this is just my opinion.

I didn't see a punch so if one was thrown then I do understand being upset about that. 

I didn't get the vibe that there was going to be any issues after the game - it just seemed like a hard fought game to me by two teams that wanted to win badly.  I didn't see any bad blood or anything like that during the game outside of just your common one-offs that happen in every high school football game.  But also I've never had to coach a team and make a decision like that. Like I said in my reply to someone else's post above - that's just how it came off to me as a Cougar fan but I'm sure if I was an OC fan I would have saw it differently.  I don't have any longstanding issues with OC or Coach Morris for that matter (outside of giving us a hard time every year!) But to make a long post short - I didn't see a punch thrown so I can see being upset about a kid throwing a punch.
I wouldn't blame any coach for avoiding a potential situation in the handshake line. Even if you've told your players to stay disciplined, if something were to happen you are leaving it in the hands of the officials.

If I were a coach in this situation, I'd a have the players exit while having the coaching staff proceed to the handshake line. I'd explain to the other head coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Ace in the Hole
If they seeded the final 8 without an east and west division this is what the playoffs would look like in the 3rd round.

#1 Beechwood hosting #8 Shelby Valley
#4 Metcalfe hosting #5 Lexington Christian

#2 OC hosting #7 Breathitt Co.
#3 Mayfield hosting # 6 Lloyd Memorial

Will probably never happen because I know people will be complaining about drive time but this makes more sense to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ace in the Hole's post:
  • #GoCougs, Sportsfan4646
(11-13-2022, 10:30 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: The semis are aren't reseeded and OC is #2 in Rpi. If they both win Mayfield and OC would not will play each other.

I've corrected your misinformation.
[-] The following 2 users Like WHO'S NEXT?'s post:
  • Glory_Days, KentuckyHillBilly5321
Let's put this to rest

PLAYOFF BRACKETS - FOURTH ROUND, ALL CLASSES
For the semi-state round (fourth round), the pairings will be based on the Playoff RPI of the remaining teams as determined at
the end of the regular season in all classes with pairings as follows:
• Fourth round playoff games, for the purpose of determining the home team, will be based on Playoff RPI in all classes.
o Highest remaining seed will be the home team for the fourth highest remaining seed;
o 2nd highest remaining seed will be the home team for the third highest remaining seed.
Winners of the fourth-round games will play for the class championships.

https://khsaa.org/football/2022/postseas...ctions.pdf
So.. does anyone know if there will be a stream for this game.... i know there will be a lot of eyes on this game from Mayfield Friday night..!
I don't think Owensboro Catholic had any home livestreams all season and it doesn't appear there will be one for this game. Let's hope that changes. Below are two ways to follow the game and/or updates.

This site is handy with a live scoreboard and some links to several radio stations.
https://owensbororadio.com/sports/

This is Owensboro Catholic's mixlr site but its only audio. You can check at game time to see if they are on air.
https://ocsportsnetwork.mixlr.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • ontopofthewest
red helmet video streams Mayfield metcalf game on youtube may have to add red helmet club no cost they do a good job