Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 28 Lexington Catholic 21
Big win for the Cardinals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Hound05
Looks like knights stayed right with them though? Was Anybody there?
Scott is a very good, disciplined team led by upperclassmen. Lex Cath is better than in recent years but still have their flaws. Scott will make a run this year, and 4A will be wide open if anyone can slow down Corbin.
I have a feeling that boyle and Corbin are pretty equal. With Lexington being just shy right behind them. Traditional 4A power houses aren’t as good this year. I’ve said it since week 3. But we cant count out the west. They are sneaky over there because no one really sees them. Still not entirely sold on Scott co though. I’ve seen Franklin co. They barley escaped them, and Bryan station too. I thought maybe they just developed a lot especially after beating Ballard. So either Corbin and Lex are better than I think. Or outside if FD everyone is a little down this year.
Logan County is opening my eyes by beating South Warren. Also Warren East.
(10-29-2022, 01:12 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Logan County is opening my eyes by beating South Warren. Also Warren East.
Maybe Logan. But warren east is an optical illusion. They have played 3 teams with winning records. And out of those 3 maybe 1 is decent
Catholic hung around despite not having its running back Hall or its best LB Dawahare available. Twice Catholic was inside the 5 yd line and came away with no points; have to believe Catholic's chances to score grow exponentially if he is in the game. Catholic was also inside the 10 once and at the 15 once but offense sputtered as Scott County defense tightened up.

As always Scott County is very physical on bot sides of the ball and te team is playing its best football as the playoffs begin. If they stay healthy, they will be a tough out,
(10-29-2022, 12:53 AM)Hogs02 Wrote: Scott is a very good, disciplined team led by upperclassmen. Lex Cath is better than in recent years but still have their flaws. Scott will make a run this year, and 4A will be wide open if anyone can slow down Corbin.
Not sure what you mean by upperclassmen. Scott only starts 3 Srs.on Defense and 4 on Offense. Lex Cath. QB is one if the toughest I have seen, he is about 5'8 160 Scott was laying some licks on him and the young man kept getting back up. Reminds me of Doug Flutie. Good Luck to both in the playoffs.
Definately missed this one bad.....Congratulations Scott County...
(10-29-2022, 12:59 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I have a feeling that boyle and Corbin are pretty equal. With Lexington being just shy right behind them. Traditional 4A power houses aren’t as good this year. I’ve said it since week 3. But we cant count out the west. They are sneaky over there because no one really sees them. Still not entirely sold on Scott co though. I’ve seen Franklin co. They barley escaped them, and Bryan station too. I thought maybe they just developed a lot especially after beating Ballard. So either Corbin and Lex are better than I think. Or outside if FD everyone is a little down this year.
...and just like that, Corbin is in the 4A semifinals again this season.  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Iggyfan
(10-29-2022, 10:18 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 12:59 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I have a feeling that boyle and Corbin are pretty equal. With Lexington being just shy right behind them. Traditional 4A power houses aren’t as good this year. I’ve said it since week 3. But we cant count out the west. They are sneaky over there because no one really sees them. Still not entirely sold on Scott co though. I’ve seen Franklin co. They barley escaped them, and Bryan station too. I thought maybe they just developed a lot especially after beating Ballard. So either Corbin and Lex are better than I think. Or outside if FD everyone is a little down this year.
...and just like that, Corbin is in the 4A semifinals again this season.  Big Grin
Nahhh JC should win because they have more people?
(10-29-2022, 01:29 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
This is a rebuilding year for JC. It will be a great honor to play the presumptive 4A state champs again this year.
(10-29-2022, 12:42 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Looks like knights stayed right with them though? Was Anybody there?
On paper Catholic was considered the favorite. It was 28-7 early in the 3rd, but Catholic is never out of a game with there QB and that WR #1.
(10-29-2022, 01:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
This is a rebuilding year for JC. It will be a great honor to play the presumptive 4A state champs again this year.

So its not a rebuilding year for Corbin?
(10-29-2022, 01:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 01:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

So its not a rebuilding year for Corbin?
Not based on the confident predictions of an appearance in the semifinals and a trip to Kroger field. This year's predictions read like many of the Corbin fans' predictions from one year ago. Hopefully, JC will begin preparing for their first round playoff game while Corbin starts preparing for a game with a team from out west.
Hoot's big Johnson may very well get deflated in three weeks !!!    :)
(10-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hoot's big Johnson may very well get deflated in three weeks !!!    Smile
JC may not be playing Corbin in three weeks. Letcher County Central gets a say in the playoff schedule first.
Don't forget Wayne Co. Hoot they beat the only team in ky that beat you guys
(10-29-2022, 02:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hoot's big Johnson may very well get deflated in three weeks !!!    Smile
JC may not be playing Corbin in three weeks. Letcher County Central gets a say in the playoff schedule first.

I forgot. Wayne County might have a say too. As they beat North Laurel last night…. Hmmmmm.
(10-29-2022, 02:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I forgot. Wayne County might have a say too. As they beat North Laurel last night…. Hmmmmm.
Johnson Central will not be looking past anyone. Corbin's posters have a history of talking up hypothetical games in the future that do not come to fruition. I am enjoying reading the Corbin predictions that assume a win over JC. I hope all Corbin fans book reservations for championship weekend.  Smile
Boyle is still going to win 4A but it'll at least be competitive this season.

LexCath's win over Boyle in the regular season essentially meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. Way to go KHSAA!
(10-29-2022, 02:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Johnson Central will not be looking past anyone. Corbin's posters have a history of talking up hypothetical games in the future that do not come to fruition. I am enjoying reading the Corbin predictions that assume a win over JC. I hope all Corbin fans book reservations for championship weekend.  Smile

Any Corbin fans , players, or coaches overlooking or underestimating JC would be making a grave mistake.  If the gameplan and execution is as sh!tty as it was last year, it will mean another loss.  JC is always a poised, disciplined , well-coached team. I expect no different this year. The Hounds will be favored but they will have to have a sound gameplan and will have to execute it well to win. I hope the Corbin coaches are up to the task this year(unlike last year). I believe the kids are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-29-2022, 02:33 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 02:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Any Corbin fans , players, or coaches overlooking or underestimating JC would be making a grave mistake.  If the gameplan and execution is as sh!tty as it was last year, it will mean another loss.  JC is always a poised, disciplined , well-coached team. I expect no different this year. The Hounds will be favored but they will have to have a sound gameplan and will have to execute it well to win. I hope the Corbin coaches are up to the task this year(unlike last year). I believe the kids are.

Johnson Central is the team until they are beaten in our playoff picture....I fully agree and no doubt those coaches watch film and prepare....They are good men with great football minds.. I like watching there film and seeing what they do. I just made a prediction because I want our boys to play on the big stage.....That pressure is going to be there no matter if we make preditions or not... but I have seen enough football in person this year to say, Corbin is primed to make a run..... Smile