Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Lawrence County
Those Rams are going to run those bulldogs out of Lawrence County and make them like it how about that RAMDAD50 I am getting better
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • RAMDAD50
(10-23-2022, 01:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Serious question
Watch the Pikeville highlight reel from semis last year and tell me how many of those guys still start on Raceland defense.
I had not seen Pikeville play any this year until I watched some of their highlights on YouTube this morning and I’ll be the first to say that we are going to have to play a perfect game and Pikeville is going to have to have an off night to beat them.  What I was most impressed about is how seriously you guys seem to take your strength and conditioning program.  All of the starters are solid.  If we get to see the Panthers hopefully we can find a way but right now Pikeville is looking like a well oiled machine.
I’m not even saying Pikeville is unbeatable. Just saying that Lawrence is good. Now if Raceland goes in and routs Lawrence at their place we have ourselves a definite horse race IMO.
As for the game this week, Raceland has been able to get away with making mistakes because we have been able to outmatch teams athletically. Lawrence County is a team that I think can give us trouble. I think this will be a hard fought game that will be won in the 4th quarter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • jetpilot
I know Belfry is having a rebuilding year but the fact that the Bulldogs played them tough in the playoffs last season and beat them by 2 scores this season shows that Lawrence County is on their way back to being a very good program.

I believe Raceland is the better team though and should win if they bring their A game but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bulldogs and Rams play a close game especially with the game being played in Louisia.

Raceland 28
Lawrence County 14
Raceland hammers the ever loving poop out of the puppies and they drop us from their schedule. End of story. Insert mic ? drop here.
RAD- I’m calling you out and congratulating you at the same time. Because of your statement about Raceland dropping football if this game is even competitive….I’m now rooting for you all to blow out the Dogs! Because I would miss the Pikeville-Raceland feuding banter so much if you all were to drop the sport. Well played you old orange devil- you!!!!
Who are the Pikeville fans gonna hate when you move to 3A?
Say it ain’t so!!!! Is Raceland going to 3-A or Pikeville?
(10-23-2022, 04:09 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Who are the Pikeville fans gonna hate when you move to 3A?
Nobody. 3A is easier than 1A
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Slic Ric
That is true! But you two- Raceland and Pikeville are married!!!! Neither of you should be allowed to be in class without the other one. This news SUCKS!!!!
Pikeville isn’t going 3A and just because they have a 1000 young men in school the building they attend is really small just the right size for 1A school
  • jetpilot
Pikeville is FAR away from having to move up. I looked at those numbers last week. Panthers will be in 1A for sometime. Never thought I would ever have to root for LC or SV but this is the reality the RPI put us in lol. I just hope no teams have injuries and we get to play these playoffs at full strength. Heck I tore an MCL at a non contact scrimmage at LC.
(10-23-2022, 08:01 PM)Hambley Wrote: Pikeville is FAR away from having to move up. I looked at those numbers last week. Panthers will be in 1A for sometime. Never thought I would ever have to root for LC or SV but this is the reality the RPI put us in lol. I just hope no teams have injuries and we get to play these playoffs at full strength. Heck I tore an MCL at a non contact scrimmage at LC.

I don’t think either one of those passes Pikeville with a win do you?
(10-23-2022, 01:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Serious question
Watch the Pikeville highlight reel from semis last year and tell me how many of those guys still start on Raceland defense.
Don't quote me, but I believe maybe 7-8 out of the 11 still start. I'll have to check & make sure I'm right.
Raceland with a running ⏰️
Fun fact: Raceland and Lawrence County have the same number of state championships! The way these RAMS!1!11!11!!!! fans go on you'd think they were St. X or Trinity or something.

LC had a couple key players go down very early in the Floyd Central game, which mostly explains why that game wasn't a running clock. My guess is neither of those guys go on Friday, which will make things tough for the Bulldogs. If LC is at full strength this game is a toss up, beleedat.

Ol' Orangey up there a few posts ago is right about 1 thing--LC should drop the RAMS!!1!!11! after this year, win or lose. A loss to a 1A team hurts the RPI more than a win helps. Plus, I'm sure LC could find a less creepy program to fill that slot in the schedule.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gabby Johnson's post:
  • Kentuckysfinest, Patriot1, SolidRock75
I bet there is a call put into the fire department in Louisa late Thursday night. Any Breathitt county fans around ?? Haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • 2000PHS
Hate to hear they have some players get injured but I don’t think it would have mattered anyway because Raceland is coming to put those doggies back under the porch not on it and all I can say watch out for the Ram horn. I am on fire now RAMDAD50
  • RAMDAD50
(10-23-2022, 09:59 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Hate to hear they have some players get injured but I don’t think it would have mattered anyway because Raceland is coming to put those doggies back under the porch not on it and all I can say watch out for the Ram horn. I am on fire now RAMDAD50
We have created a monster…..look at Pat go hahaha hot damn he’s on fire. Keep it coming Pat hahah
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Patriot1
(10-23-2022, 09:58 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I bet there is a call put into the fire department in Louisa late Thursday night. Any Breathitt county fans around ?? Haha

Dudley Hilton owes a lot to that FD from Louisa!!!  Hahahahaha- so funny that people still remember that!!!

I could be wrong, but I believe that Bourbon team is the only FOUR SEED to ever win a state title. Anyone know if that is true or not?
How healthy is Raceland?
(10-23-2022, 10:16 PM)bac2369 Wrote: How healthy is Raceland?
No major injuries that would keep any starters out that I'm aware of.
Who are the  injured LC players?
(10-23-2022, 11:25 PM)Dawg Family Wrote: Who are the  injured LC players?
You do t know ??? Hmmmm maybe a little gamesmanship being played by a fellow LC fan?
No I honestly do not know, I do not live in the area any more and I always try and go back home for 1 game a year, usually the Belfry game but I didn't make that one and was hoping to get to the Raceland game. Heck I thought this game was being played in Worthington till this thread came out.
(10-23-2022, 11:42 PM)Dawg Family Wrote: No I honestly do not know, I do not live in the area any more and I always try and go back home for 1 game a year, usually the Belfry game but I didn't make that one and was hoping to get to the Raceland game. Heck I thought this game was being played in Worthington till this thread came out.
So you’ve been a jinx ?
Good point, with that said maybe I should just stay away from this one. But back to the question are there injury's to some key players or is just an early excuse? The other tread just said some key injury's but no more information.
(10-24-2022, 12:17 AM)Dawg Family Wrote: Good point, with that said maybe I should just stay away from this one. But back to the question are there injury's to some key players or is just an early excuse? The other tread just said some key injury's but no more information.
I don’t know old Gabby made that statement
There were a couple of injuries but the team likes to keep that information in house so I’m respecting that.