Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Weekly High School Football Coach Shows
A few weeks ago, I ran across the weekly Coach Jesse Peck Show on WSIP Radio's Facebook page. I don't know when this weekly streaming video of the Johnson Central coach's show started but I think that it was a great idea to bring coaches, players, and parents together for pizza to discuss the past week's game, the upcoming game, and a host of other topics related to Johnson Central football. The link to WSIP's Facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/newcountry989/

Note that the audio for this week's show is garbled but if you skip the first few minutes, the audio problems are fixed.

Does your school's football coach conduct a similar show? If so, please provide a link in this thread.
I know Paintsville does
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Leslie County use to do one but idk if they still do. It was called the Coaches Corner and they hosted it at Hardees right their in Hyden. 

It was always a pretty cool show to listen too because they did all sports not just football.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheStickyBandit's post:
  • 64SUR, Hoot Gibson
(10-20-2022, 11:50 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Leslie County use to do one but idk if they still do. It was called the Coaches Corner and they hosted it at Hardees right their in Hyden. 

It was always a pretty cool show to listen too because they did all sports not just football.
I like seeing coaches of different sports promoting the school's other athletes and teams. Coach Peck congratulates the school's other teams for their success, announces upcoming events in addition to football, and he does the same for the elementary, middle school, freshman, and JV football teams. I also like the fact that the show is open to anybody who wants to attend. The show projects a very positive image of the school, the district ,and all of its sports teams.

Coach Peck's show reminds me of something that I witnessed one of the most successful coaches in Indiana high school football history did. When he was at Greenwood High School, which is located in the same Indianapolis suburb as Center Grove, the school hosted a pasta dinner every Thursday night before each game (next day). Players attended with their parents. The local Bucca Di Beppo provided the main courses and parents were asked to bring a side dish. Every member of Coach Wimmer's staff participated in presentations that included weekly individual awards, video highlights of the previous week's game, and scouting reports for the next game. Other central Indiana teams had similar traditions. Coach Wimmer won state titles at two different schools during his career. He is one of those coaches who knows how to build or rebuild football programs from the ground up. Fortunately for Johnson Central, Jim Matney was that kind of coach and I think Coach Peck was a perfect choice to keep the program on the right path.

I don't know if Johnson Central's other coaches have similar shows but with YouTube, there is no reason not to have them. I think that Johnson Central has a media class that assists in the production of Coach Peck's show, which provides good, real world experience for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
It wouldnt a coaches show but wsgs used to do a sports 101 every thursday night it was pretty awesome. big dipper than hammonds was the best but don smith was pretty good too. Good ole days. Anyone else remember the show?
I wish all local businesses and radio station would get behind their local schools and do this type of thing. It would be a win win for both. I guess now days you wouldn't even need the radio stations with Facebook and YouTube.