Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
37.50%
Leslie County
62.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Breathitt County @ Leslie County 10/21
Breathitt County will travel to Leslie County this Friday. 

Breathitt County (5-2)
Aug 19, 22 Magoffin County home (W) 43 - 0 
Aug 26, 22 Powell County away (W) 28 - 6 
Sep 2, 22 Hazard home (W) 29 - 27 
Sep 9, 22 Perry County Central away (L) 26 - 28 
Sep 16, 22 Letcher County Central away (L) 21 - 32 
Sep 30, 22 Middlesboro home (W) 20 - 0 
Oct 14, 22 Morgan County away (W) 49 - 0

Leslie County (4-4)
Aug 19, 22 Martin County away (L) 19 - 41 
Aug 26, 22 Clay County away (L) 32 - 42 
Sep 2, 22 Williamsburg away (L) 30 - 32 
Sep 9, 22 Floyd Central away (W) 20 - 14 
Sep 23, 22 Fairview home (W) 52 - 12 
Sep 30, 22 Morgan County home (W) 37 - 0 
Oct 7, 22 Middlesboro away (L) 21 - 47 
Oct 14, 22 Knott County Central away (W) 43 - 7

Thoughts?
Going to have to go with my Bobcats in this one. Leslie has some impressive athletes but I give Breathitt the advantage. If Breathitt can limit the big plays by Leslie it should be a fairly easy win.
Breathitt 38-20
Breathitt County Rolls
I think we keep it close in the first half but then Breathitt blows it open in the second half. Our defense has not proven that it can consistently make stops against even decent offenses.

I hope I am wrong about this one but I ate crow against Middlesboro and Breathitt is better than them. 

Breathitt- 49
Leslie County-13
(10-17-2022, 06:50 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: I think we keep it close in the first half but then Breathitt blows it open in the second half. Our defense has not proven that it can consistently make stops against even decent offenses.

I hope I am wrong about this one but I ate crow against Middlesboro and Breathitt is better than them. 

Breathitt- 49
Leslie County-13

i disagree mboro beats them if grigsby plays he was hurt
(10-17-2022, 10:05 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 06:50 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: I think we keep it close in the first half but then Breathitt blows it open in the second half. Our defense has not proven that it can consistently make stops against even decent offenses.

Breathitt- 49
Leslie County-13

i disagree mboro beats them if grigsby plays he was hurt
I had a feeling you might LOL....
First time Breathitt has played at Leslie in 5 years. If Leslie defense can slow the Bobcats down could be a good game.
Be a good football atmosphere Friday. Will be packed out in Hyden!

I personally believe Middlesboro would have beaten Breathitt if Grigsby had played, but you know what they say about if's.

Anyone know status of Hoskins for Breathitt? Heard tweaked his knee. Didn't play against Morgan, not that he needed to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Onward Leslie!'s post:
  • TheStickyBandit
Breathitt
Middleboro beats breathitt with grigsby I think most would agree on that. He's a special player, without him middleboro is mediocre. Think this game Friday will be very balanced. Yes Leslie is the underdog but has the fire power to beat breathitt with their athletes. The question is who will control the line of scrimmage and will Bryce Pugh have a big night. No1 has the speed of grigsby so should be a great game. This rivalry goes wayyyy back. Should be one of the better games this Friday . I'll be watching this one! Rooting for my Eagles as always!

Leslie 42
Breathitt 32
(10-18-2022, 02:26 PM)4ever witness Wrote: Middleboro beats breathitt with grigsby I think most would agree on that. He's a special player, without him middleboro is mediocre. Think this game Friday will be very balanced. Yes Leslie is the underdog but has the fire power to beat breathitt with their athletes. The question is who will control the line of scrimmage and will Bryce Pugh have a big night. No1 has the speed of grigsby so should be a great game. This rivalry goes wayyyy back. Should be one of the better games this Friday . I'll be watching this one! Rooting for my Eagles as always!

Leslie 42
Breathitt 32
Middlesboro homers maybe would agree but not most everyone I'd say. Middlesboro can't stop the run and therefore Breathitt never even had to go to the air. Leslie has won three games? Against three teams that have two collective wins? Breathitt rolls.
(10-18-2022, 02:46 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 02:26 PM)4ever witness Wrote: Middleboro beats breathitt with grigsby I think most would agree on that. He's a special player, without him middleboro is mediocre. Think this game Friday will be very balanced. Yes Leslie is the underdog but has the fire power to beat breathitt with their athletes. The question is who will control the line of scrimmage and will Bryce Pugh have a big night. No1 has the speed of grigsby so should be a great game. This rivalry goes wayyyy back. Should be one of the better games this Friday . I'll be watching this one! Rooting for my Eagles as always!

Leslie 42
Breathitt 32
Middlesboro homers maybe would agree but not most everyone I'd say. Middlesboro can't stop the run and therefore Breathitt never even had to go to the air. 
Agreed! Grigsby or no Grigsby.... Breathitt is the better team.
I like Breathitt in this one. I think Leslie will keep it close at 1st feeding off the home crowd. I always liked playing there it was a good atmosphere except for having to walk from the Nixon gym all the way to the field before and after game.

I still believe Breathitt controls line of scrimmage especially on offense and wears down Leslie in the 2nd half.

As far as Grigsby goes he is a dynamic runner. To say he is worth 20 points by himself though maybe a stretch. I would love to see them play again with both teams 100% but unless both teams make it to the finals that's not going to happen in the cross districting then RPI format we have now.

That Shelby Valley vs Middlesboro game in 2nd rd shod be a good one. 1st team to 50 wins. The way I figure it that winner would probably go to Beechwood unless they jump Breathitt in RPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(10-19-2022, 11:19 AM)wolfcat Wrote: That Shelby Valley vs Middlesboro game in 2nd rd shod be a good one. 1st team to 50 wins. The way I figure it that winner would probably go to Beechwood unless they jump Breathitt in RPI.
Woolfcat, Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it looks like only one team comes out of the District 7-8 matchups and they would face probably Beechwood?
I think Breathitt wins this but Leslie is much improved and will fight until the end. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles escape with one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thebigfundamental's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
If I'm not mistaken, If the top seeds in district 7 and 8 win out, it would be Shelby Valley vs Breathitt in the 3rd round of the playoffs, which would be the regional championship. I'm not sure how things work this year, but in the past the four remaining teams in the state would be seeded 1 through 4. Barring any significant upsets, that would mean the winner of the 7 and 8 district would be a 4 seed based on RPI, and they would be on the road to play the number 1 seed, which will likely be Mayfield. I may be wrong and if so, could someone please inform us of the new format.

Leslie County is an improved football team from last year. I heard they are dressing close to 60 kids, which is awesome numbers for a 2A school. I believe Breathitt is the better team, but Leslie could play spoilers at home. Breathitt seems to play a lot better on the riverbank, and has struggled playing on the road this year. Leslie has the size and athletes to give the Bobcats problems, and if the Bobcats allow Leslie to jump out and steal the momentum, they Eagles could very well win this game. I feel like the difference will be Breathitt's ability to play out of the Wishbone and out of the Shotgun. Breathitt has a lot of weapons and if the offense gets into a rhythm, they can be dangerous. Sperry seems to be getting more involved and Coach Moore is starting to depend more on his freshman RB, Gibson. Breathitt's defense is playing much better, and should give the Eagles some problems. Regardless, I think we will know a little more about both teams after Friday Night. Breathitt wins 42-30.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(10-19-2022, 02:46 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, If the top seeds in district 7 and 8 win out, it would be Shelby Valley vs Breathitt in the 3rd round of the playoffs, which would be the regional championship. I'm not sure how things work this year, but in the past the four remaining teams in the state would be seeded 1 through 4. Barring any significant upsets, that would mean the winner of the 7 and 8 district would be a 4 seed based on RPI, and they would be on the road to play the number 1 seed, which will likely be Mayfield. I may be wrong and if so, could someone please inform us of the new format.

I think thats right but the KHSAA bracket shows the winner of the 7/8 District playing the winner of the 5/6 district for an opportunity to go to Kroger field. If so that'd probably be a semi with Beechwood wouldn't it?
Going to head to Hyden this friday and check out the new turf field. LC has a few nice players pugh is a stud on d. I think it could be a completive game but I look Bobcats to win by a score or two.
(10-19-2022, 02:46 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
Leslie County is an improved football team from last year. I heard they are dressing close to 60 kids, which is awesome numbers for a 2A school. I believe Breathitt is the better team, but Leslie could play spoilers at home. Breathitt seems to play a lot better on the riverbank, and has struggled playing on the road this year. Leslie has the size and athletes to give the Bobcats problems, and if the Bobcats allow Leslie to jump out and steal the momentum, they Eagles could very well win this game. I feel like the difference will be Breathitt's ability to play out of the Wishbone and out of the Shotgun. Breathitt has a lot of weapons and if the offense gets into a rhythm, they can be dangerous. Sperry seems to be getting more involved and Coach Moore is starting to depend more on his freshman RB, Gibson. Breathitt's defense is playing much better, and should give the Eagles some problems. Regardless, I think we will know a little more about both teams after Friday Night. Breathitt wins 42-30.
And boy was that good to see again! The last 4-5 seasons have been tough for LC as far as football goes. Leslie County while not always dominant has had some great football teams come through and historically have been a pretty good program that most years is at least somewhat competitive in their district/region. 

Hopefully Coach Melton is getting the program back on track.
(10-19-2022, 11:31 AM)Slim one Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 11:19 AM)wolfcat Wrote: That Shelby Valley vs Middlesboro game in 2nd rd shod be a good one. 1st team to 50 wins. The way I figure it that winner would probably go to Beechwood unless they jump Breathitt in RPI.
Woolfcat, Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it looks like only one team comes out of the District 7-8 matchups and they would face probabl

Its possible for 2 teams now with cross districting in first 2 rds. After 2nd round RPI kicks in and seeds east 1-4. Beechwood will get #1 A then as if 7-8 aren't matched up in 3rd rd which is unlikely of both won next 2 games even more unlikely they could face off in finals. I would consider that to be a 1 in a Million chance though because no one kn7-8 is beating Beechwood

(10-21-2022, 07:50 AM)wolfcat Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 11:31 AM)Slim one Wrote:
Woolfcat, Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it looks like only one team comes out of the District 7-8 matchups and they would face probabl

Its possible for 2 teams now with cross districting in first 2 rds. After 2nd round RPI kicks in and seeds east 1-4. Beechwood will get #1 A then as if 7-8 aren't matched up in 3rd rd which is unlikely of both won next 2 games even more unlikely they could face off in finals. I would consider that to be a 1 in a Million chance though because no one kn7-8 is beating Beechwood
As it stands now on the east if everything goes according to seed on playoffs  it would be in 3rd
#1 Beechwood vs #4 Breathitt 
#2 Lloyd vs #3 Shelby Valley.
Then after 3rd rd they the winners in rd 3 are re seeding according to RPI for 4th rd. So although very very unlikely 7-8 could meet in finals.

(10-19-2022, 02:46 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, If the top seeds in district 7 and 8 win out, it would be Shelby Valley vs Breathitt in the 3rd round of the playoffs, which would be the regional championship. I'm not sure how things work this year, but in the past the four remaining teams in the state would be seeded 1 through 4. Barring any significant upsets, that would mean the winner of the 7 and 8 district would be a 4 seed based on RPI, and they would be on the road to play the number 1 seed, which will likely be Mayfield. I may be wrong and if so, could someone please inform us of the new format.

The way I understand it is after second rd the east is ranked 1-4 in RPI. As of right now
1 Beechwood
2 Lloyd
3 Shelby Valley 
4 Breathitt
So its very important for Breathitt to jump SV to avoid going to Beechwood in 3rd rd.
Ok. So RPI goes into effect in the third round. Breathitt will need to beat Leslie and Knox to have a shot to overtake Shelby Valley or Lloyd. With Knox being a 4A school that would help. Shelby Valley will win out, and I am not sure about Lloyd. With Breathitt only having 9 games scheduled, will that hurt them regarding the RPI?
[-] The following 2 users Like Cat Daddy's post:
  • 64SUR, wolfcat