Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman @ Union County 10/14
Thoughts and predictions 

Union County 7-0
Paducah Tilghman 3-4
Man, I flipped my coin and I am going with the home team in a close one...

Paducah Tilman 28
Union County 27
(10-09-2022, 07:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Man, I flipped my coin and I am going with the home team in a close one...

Paducah Tilman 28
Union County 27
You better flipped again Bull Got Out. Union County is the home team
I am going with Union Co. This will definitely be one of the best games this Friday.
PT
PT will stun Union County this Friday!!!
We will see if the Union County hype is real or just that, hype.
Union County is for real
I’m going with PT
I agree that Union Co is for real although the performance against Crittenden Co caused some pondering. One can only speculate a lull in the schedule or not showing their cards. Anyway, the Braves belong in the conversation for a potential deep run in 3A as much as anyone.

Union Co got over the hump last year by beating Paducah Tilghman in the season. It looked as if they would repeat the effort in the playoffs but let the game slip from their grasp. The Braves will be hungry to avenge that game which turned off the lights in Morganfield for 2021. Tilghman on the other hand is hardened by a really tough schedule and will arrive full of confidence and the expectation of victory.

Union Co defense had success holding the PT rushing game in check last year in their win. PT had success running the ball in the playoff game. This will be a huge key to the game. PT is without leading RB (M. Rider) but senior Jordauyn White fills the void with his own style and has been very effective.

The Tilghman defense has outperformed its offense throughout the year. They are a very good unit and the points allowed are a bit skewed in some of their contest. If Union Co expects to win, it only seems probable they will need to keep the score in the low to mid 20's.

Both offenses should have some success in the passing game. The team that finds balance running the ball will gain a major advantage.
The coaching at Crittenden is superior to that of PT. That is why Crittenden played Union tough and PT got beat despite having superior talent. Thompson rode Courtney's defense when he was at Critt. He should have taken him and those other young guys from Crittenden to PT if he wanted to maintain that level of ingenuity.