Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a strange year....
Lets take a look at the midway point at some 1-3A teams that have wveryones attention.

Raceland beats Ashland...not unheard of but to be one called back TD away from a running clock is. 

Raceland absolutely destroys Russell...biggest margin of victory and most points score by one team in the current series. 

Raceland goes toe to toe with Highlands. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth. 

Pikeville plays Cov Cath and Corbin to the wire and arguably should have won those games. Tbh, didnt think those words would come out of my mouth either.

Pikeville whips LCA and Belfry...a win not suprising in either game, but how they won was a statement, imo. 

All that being said. How good is anyone?!lol

Last night was the first time we have seen a "real" Pikeville performance all season. Did Raceland peak already?

How good are Greenup and Lawrence County? Is LCA what we thought they were? Can Belfry make another crazy run after a slow start? Does Ashland bounce back after a shakey start to the season? Is Beechwood a measuring stick for Paintsville? They have been rather quiet on here. 

If the end of the season out like the front half, its going to be an interesting November.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • BobcatForever, Hound05, smoke1015
It's the same in my neck of the woods. Mid third quarter last night, Perry County Central led Letcher County 32/14. Letcher went on a spree and scored 35 unanswered points for a final of LCC 49 PCC 32. Also last night was the first time Clay County ever won a game in Harlan County's stadium, and they made a statement win of 42/22!! I could go on, but I get your point.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • BobcatForever, Hound05
(09-24-2022, 02:53 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Lets take a look at the midway point at some 1-3A teams that have wveryones attention.

Raceland beats Ashland...not unheard of but to be one called back TD away from a running clock is. 

Raceland absolutely destroys Russell...biggest margin of victory and most points score by one team in the current series. 

Raceland goes toe to toe with Highlands. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth. 

Pikeville plays Cov Cath and Corbin to the wire and arguably should have won those games. Tbh, didnt think those words would come out of my mouth either.

Pikeville whips LCA and Belfry...a win not suprising in either game, but how they won was a statement, imo. 

Last night was the first time we have seen a "real" Pikeville performance all season. Did Raceland peak already?

How good are Greenup and Lawrence County? Is LCA what we thought they were? Can Belfry make another crazy run after a slow start? Does Ashland bounce back after a shakey start to the season? Is Beechwood a measuring stick for Paintsville? They have been rather quiet on here. 

If the end of the season out like the front half, its going to be an interesting November.
You took the thought right out of my mind. I was thinking the same thing the past two weeks. And it’s just not 1-3A. 4A as well. Usually I can get the jist from a majority of the teams. Especially the central and eastern teams. But I shared some of those thoughts about two weeks ago and it didn’t receive a warm reception, because if what we believe is true, it doesn’t legitimize or solidify some teams victories, and I guess defeats. But most don’t want to admit it. And that includes my team as well. Corbins wins are about like most teams in the top 4 or 5, people will try to dispute it with RPI, but what they don’t account for is RPI isn’t a mid season indicator. Or Calpreps. Their algo is a little more accurate late season, but it still has its failures especially when teams are close, mid season is even worse. Not enough data for it. But back to work on wins, Pikeville. I think most know pikeville is a good 1A team. But they haven’t proven it yet with their record. Losing to Corbin, and Cov cath. Both good teams. But how good? Which begs how good is? Then Franklin co. They have talent but their results aren’t what most thought. They barley lost to Scott county, who beat Bryan station by 1 point. To me I think those three teams are almost Equal. But none of FCs wins stand out. Then Pulaski, who I do think is underrated. But outside of us, their next best opponent was belfry. Who to be honest, isn’t that good. So how good really is PC?

then boyle co, they beat Bryan station by 24. About the same margin as we did FC. And those two ans Scott county like I said are about equal to me. And we still don’t know how good that is? Then they played Henderson co. And I’ll bed honest, it seemed like HC gave them some problems but I have no idea how good they are at all? But then the Bowling green game. BGs schedule was horrible up to boyle. They beat a bunch of teams in him were horrible. So it’s hard to tell how good they really are and how good a win it was for boyle. 

JC… lost to NL. I honestly think that was just the me of those games. NL is good, but I’d they are truly better than JC, well I keep that thought to myself. But so far a few of JCs “tougher” opponents are out of state. So about like Henderson co and boyle. I have no idea how good the competitors were. But their other Ky opponents were awful. And they beat them like they should. But again, you can’t tell much from a team whose putting a clock on an awful opponent half way through the game. 3 people could come in blind to the previous games and have one watch Corbin vs somerset another JC vs fern creek and the last boyle vs Danville. I’d bet each one would come back saying that team is gonna win it all. Point is, it’s hard to judge when the opponent is awful or unproven. 

I don’t remember ever feeling like this. Just kind of up in the air about teams like this year. Hopefully by week 8 or 9 it will be more clear. But right now, AP polls are garbage, RPI isn’t made for such a short data set. I’ve only watched a handful of other teams, but I honestly think unless you watched about 10x more, you’re not gonna know any better than us. So I agree, it is a strange season. But then again I’m “giving analysis from the peanut gallery” I’ve been told, so maybe I just rambled on for nothing hah
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • BobcatForever
(09-24-2022, 11:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 02:53 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Lets take a look at the midway point at some 1-3A teams that have wveryones attention.

You took the thought right out of my mind. I was thinking the same thing the past two weeks. And it’s just not 1-3A. 4A as well. Usually I can get the jist from a majority of the teams. Especially the central and eastern teams. But I shared some of those thoughts about two weeks ago and it didn’t receive a warm reception, because if what we believe is true, it doesn’t legitimize or solidify some teams victories, and I guess defeats. But most don’t want to admit it. And that includes my team as well. Corbins wins are about like most teams in the top 4 or 5, people will try to dispute it with RPI, but what they don’t account for is RPI isn’t a mid season indicator. Or Calpreps. Their algo is a little more accurate late season, but it still has its failures especially when teams are close, mid season is even worse. Not enough data for it. But back to work on wins, Pikeville. I think most know pikeville is a good 1A team. But they haven’t proven it yet with their record. Losing to Corbin, and Cov cath. Both good teams. But how good? Which begs how good is? Then Franklin co. They have talent but their results aren’t what most thought. They barley lost to Scott county, who beat Bryan station by 1 point. To me I think those three teams are almost Equal. But none of FCs wins stand out. Then Pulaski, who I do think is underrated. But outside of us, their next best opponent was belfry. Who to be honest, isn’t that good. So how good really is PC?

then boyle co, they beat Bryan station by 24. About the same margin as we did FC. And those two ans Scott county like I said are about equal to me. And we still don’t know how good that is? Then they played Henderson co. And I’ll bed honest, it seemed like HC gave them some problems but I have no idea how good they are at all? But then the Bowling green game. BGs schedule was horrible up to boyle. They beat a bunch of teams in him were horrible. So it’s hard to tell how good they really are and how good a win it was for boyle. 

JC… lost to NL. I honestly think that was just the me of those games. NL is good, but I’d they are truly better than JC, well I keep that thought to myself. But so far a few of JCs “tougher” opponents are out of state. So about like Henderson co and boyle. I have no idea how good the competitors were. But their other Ky opponents were awful. And they beat them like they should. But again, you can’t tell much from a team whose putting a clock on an awful opponent half way through the game. 3 people could come in blind to the previous games and have one watch Corbin vs somerset another JC vs fern creek and the last boyle vs Danville. I’d bet each one would come back saying that team is gonna win it all. Point is, it’s hard to judge when the opponent is awful or unproven. 

I don’t remember ever feeling like this. Just kind of up in the air about teams like this year. Hopefully by week 8 or 9 it will be more clear. But right now, AP polls are garbage, RPI isn’t made for such a short data set. I’ve only watched a handful of other teams, but I honestly think unless you watched about 10x more, you’re not gonna know any better than us. So I agree, it is a strange season. But then again I’m “giving analysis from the peanut gallery” I’ve been told, so maybe I just rambled on for nothing hah
One of Johnson Central's out of state "tougher" opponents is no more of an unknown than any of Boyle County's opponents. Ironton has been to the Ohio's Division V finals in each of the past two seasons and returns three D1 signees (2 with Cincinnati and 1 with Wisconsin) and another player who has an offer on the table from UK. There is little doubt that if Ironton played in Kentucky that they would easily be a top 15 team in all classes.

JC is really no more of an unknown than they were a year ago at this point of the season. Because of key injuries, JC lost one early season game and won another in OT last season. This season, they lost an early season game against a good North Laurel team after losing a 140 yards per game rusher to an injury on their third offensive play. This week they begin district play in a district that appears to be as weak as it was last season. Chances are, JC will enter the playoffs with an 8-2 record, with most Corbin and Boyle County fans once again considering their own teams to be on "another level." Maybe they are but they will have to prove it on the field. Some people put way too much stock in preseason scrimmage "results" and early season games and those same people make the same mistake season after season.

Agreed. I spent two days trying to explain this same thing….. and boy was it a tall task with no success. You would have thought I shot the family dog. But I probably failed to articulate as well as I could have. Nevertheless, I am in total agreement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Hound05
(09-25-2022, 07:34 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

One of Johnson Central's out of state "tougher" opponents is no more of an unknown than any of Boyle County's opponents. Ironton has been to the Ohio's Division V finals in each of the past two seasons and returns three D1 signees (2 with Cincinnati and 1 with Wisconsin) and another player who has an offer on the table from UK. There is little doubt that if Ironton played in Kentucky that they would easily be a top 15 team in all classes.

JC is really no more of an unknown than they were a year ago at this point of the season. Because of key injuries, JC lost one early season game and won another in OT last season. This season, they lost an early season game against a good North Laurel team after losing a 140 yards per game rusher to an injury on their third offensive play. This week they begin district play in a district that appears to be as weak as it was last season. Chances are, JC will enter the playoffs with an 8-2 record, with most Corbin and Boyle County fans once again considering their own teams to be on "another level." Maybe they are but they will have to prove it on the field. Some people put way too much stock in preseason scrimmage "results" and early season games and those same people make the same mistake season after season.
Hoot… buddy did you only read like 1/4 of my post. Of course JCs out of state opponent was no more of an unknown or any less than boyles. THAT WAS EXACTLY the point Im arguing. Just as Unknown as any wins from Corbin ir JC. I agree with you but for the exact opposite point I was trying to make. I even said that fans, including OUR OWN would get mad because it doesn’t legitimize their team like they want. This is exactly what I was talking about. And yea, you have to replace 140
yards of offense. Can ya do it? Yea. Will you? It’s probably likely but UNKNOWN. you read this entire post, and come away that I was trying to downgrade JC? How? Because I mentioned their opponents and not knowing how good they are? I did that with everyone’s!!! Last year doesn’t matter, Corbin played Franklin a year out from being in the title game and beat them with no questions asked. You see where that got us. And it was because FC wasn’t that good. Who knows if Ironton is? But I disagree with you last year, I knew where JC was. They were a very good team. Knew that when we played them. Same with a lot of teams last year. Including us, and our weak schedule giving us a false sense. This year, no idea. That was the entire point of my post. The original post. I’m sorry if that maybe gets under your skin, but nothing result wise that JC has done yet makes them stick out IMO. But guess what…… neither does Boyle and neither does Corbin.  Obviously I’m not the only one who thinks this. Again most wouldn’t admit it because like I said, it doesn’t crown their team king Of the state in week 5. For me, and others I assume, hopefully it’ll come together in the next 3-4 weeks and give me a better idea. But again, I don’t know how you can read my entire post and come away with me thinking JC is any less than any other team or arguing that they stand out more? My point all along. You even said people put a lot of thought or weight into early season games, I AGREE. That’s why I’m implying that we don’t know how good or separate JC, Boyle, or Corbin is. Haha. I don’t know what you are referring to about scrimmages. Didn’t watch a single one. But I just don’t get how you are arguing or debating what I said, when you basically said the same thing, but for a way different reason. Also, how did I put Corbin or boyle on “another level” in my post? You couldn’t even say I’m implying that, must less saying it?

*edit from my first post, my phone changed a lot of words and wasn’t paying attention* it meant to read- do I tbink NL is better than JC. I said I’d keep it to myself. But the answer is NO. I even said it was just “one of those games”.
(09-25-2022, 07:56 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

Agreed. I spent two days trying to explain this same thing….. and boy was it a tall task with no success. You would have thought I shot the family dog. But I probably failed to articulate as well as I could have. Nevertheless, I am in total agreement.
Yea I guess I DID shoot the dog and then took grannies medicine in the process. But unless you’ve watched every single one of these teams opponents from above, you have no idea, just like us. Didn’t think I would make a lot of friends with saying it, but oh well. But I was just pointing out that from the OP that it wasn’t just 1-3A, it was 4A as well.  Probably 5 too. I mean whose leading that pack. I don’t pay much attention. I’m guessing FD is way out in the front running, but again I’m not looking at who they play. And who those teams play to make the win any better. Corbin laid it to somerset. Really don’t mean much. Hoot mentioned north laurel. What have they done outside of beating JC (who I don’t know how good is yet) done? Lost to Bell co who to an awful Knox team. Beat a below average Lincoln team by 10. Beat a below avg Whitley team by 10. I know you get what I’m saying. I’m just trying to prove it even more to everyone else. The team that beat JC lost to a bell team who only beat Whitley by 10 when Corbin beat them by 3x as much? If that and everything else doesn’t prove it’s a very strange year so far, they are a homer or have some dark team
colornshades on.
  • TheStickyBandit
(09-24-2022, 03:19 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: It's the same in my neck of the woods.  Mid third quarter last night, Perry County Central led Letcher County 32/14.  Letcher went on a spree and scored 35 unanswered points for a final of LCC 49 PCC 32.  Also last night was the first time Clay County ever won a game in Harlan County's stadium, and they made a statement win of 42/22!!  I could go on, but I get your point.
Right now, even when we hit week 10 I still say that this year, teams are a lot closer on their respective “tier” than what people think.
  • Granny Bear
(09-25-2022, 08:24 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

Hoot… buddy did you only read like 1/4 of my post. Of course JCs out of state opponent was no more of an unknown or any less than boyles. THAT WAS EXACTLY the point Im arguing. Just as Unknown as any wins from Corbin ir JC. I agree with you but for the exact opposite point I was trying to make. I even said that fans, including OUR OWN would get mad because it doesn’t legitimize their team like they want. This is exactly what I was talking about. And yea, you have to replace 140
yards of offense. Can ya do it? Yea. Will you? It’s probably likely but UNKNOWN. you read this entire post, and come away that I was trying to downgrade JC? How? Because I mentioned their opponents and not knowing how good they are? I did that with everyone’s!!! Last year doesn’t matter, Corbin played Franklin a year out from being in the title game and beat them with no questions asked. You see where that got us. And it was because FC wasn’t that good. Who knows if Ironton is? But I disagree with you last year, I knew where JC was. They were a very good team. Knew that when we played them. Same with a lot of teams last year. Including us, and our weak schedule giving us a false sense. This year, no idea. That was the entire point of my post. The original post. I’m sorry if that maybe gets under your skin, but nothing result wise that JC has done yet makes them stick out IMO. But guess what…… neither does Boyle and neither does Corbin.  Obviously I’m not the only one who thinks this. Again most wouldn’t admit it because like I said, it doesn’t crown their team king Of the state in week 5. For me, and others I assume, hopefully it’ll come together in the next 3-4 weeks and give me a better idea. But again, I don’t know how you can read my entire post and come away with me thinking JC is any less than any other team or arguing that they stand out more? My point all along. Haha

*edit from my first post, my phone changed a lot of words and wasn’t paying attention* it meant to read- do I tbink NL is better than JC. I said I’d keep it to myself. But the answer is NO. I even said it was just “one of those games”.
Yes, I read your post, and I have read other posts positing that Johnson Central is down this year, just as I have read posts for years that have said the same thing. This year is no different. Kentucky is not a strong football state. With the exception of Trinity, every team in the state plays its share of cupcakes every year and even Trinity plays a few bad teams because of district play. Geography and the fact that there are too many classes in Kentucky football makes it more difficult for some teams to schedule good teams than others. The RPI system has made the situation worse, IMO, as some schools predictably let RPI considerations drive influence their scheduling decisions too much. But this season really is no different than any other season. Just like last season, you will know how good Johnson Central is when and if Corbin plays them or when Boyle County plays them. This year's JC team has different strengths and weaknesses than last year's team, but nobody will now how they stack up to past JC teams until their season ends.

As for "getting under my skin," your post did not. This is just a sports forum, where most opinions are no better supported than other opinions. There are always a few trash talkers who are not content to brag on their own teams without disparaging other teams at the same time. I have never really understood what motivates trash talkers on this board and others but I definitely do not put you in the trash talking category. I just do not agree that it is any harder to judge football teams this season than in past seasons.

Most of the schools that are considered disappointments this season, like LCA, are smaller schools that generally have more trouble dealing with graduation losses and injuries than larger schools. Trinity has had to start its third string quarterback in some games this season. For a smaller school, the loss of a starting quarterback may be the difference in winning games and getting blown out, but for large schools with strong programs, they remain competitive despite injuries to key players. Pikeville has an unusually strong 

My comments about the general weakness of Kentucky football probably gets under many people's skins, but I think that it is hard to argue otherwise when you look at a very small number of teams dominating their divisions in most seasons. The "top heaviness" of Kentucky football reflects not only the general weakness in the quality of coaching across the state, but it also reflects the weak commitment that most Kentucky school districts provide to their football programs.
Hoot I’ve tried to PM you a few times and your mailbox is full…
(09-25-2022, 08:48 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

Yea I guess I DID shoot the dog and then took grannies medicine in the process. But unless you’ve watched every single one of these teams opponents from above, you have no idea, just like us. Didn’t think I would make a lot of friends with saying it, but oh well. But I was just pointing out that from the OP that it wasn’t just 1-3A, it was 4A as well.  Probably 5 too. I mean whose leading that pack. I don’t pay much attention. I’m guessing FD is way out in the front running, but again I’m not looking at who they play. And who those teams play to make the win any better. Corbin laid it to somerset. Really don’t mean much. Hoot mentioned north laurel. What have they done outside of beating JC (who I don’t know how good is yet) done? Lost to Bell co who to an awful Knox team. Beat a below average Lincoln team by 10. Beat a below avg Whitley team by 10. I know you get what I’m saying. I’m just trying to prove it even more to everyone else. The team that beat JC lost to a bell team who only beat Whitley by 10 when Corbin beat them by 3x as much? If that and everything else doesn’t prove it’s a very strange year so far, they are a homer or have some dark team
colornshades on.
The team that beat Johnson Central and lost at Bell County reportedly had 5 players out with injuries against Bell County that played against Johnson Central. North Laurel obviously has a very good defensive line, which was matched against a relatively inexperienced offensive line for Johnson Central. Who knows how North Laurel will match up with Pulaski County and Southwestern? I don't think that most people who post in this forum, and I include myself in that group, have a keen enough eye to watch two good teams play games against different opponents and accurately determine how a game between those teams would turn out.

Team A beat beat Team B, Team B beat team C, therefore Team A should beat Team C is not a very accurate way of predicting outcomes of high school football games, which is why early season computer rankings are so often wildly inaccurate. Even the best computer ranking systems fail to take into account such intangibles as injuries and the impact of good coaching over the course of a season.
(09-25-2022, 09:37 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 08:24 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

yards of offense. Can ya do it? Yea. Will you? It’s probably likely but UNKNOWN. you read this entire post, and come away that I was trying to downgrade JC? How? Because I mentioned their opponents and not knowing how good they are? I did that with everyone’s!!! Last year doesn’t matter, Corbin played Franklin a year out from being in the title game and beat them with no questions asked. You see where that got us. And it was because FC wasn’t that good. Who knows if Ironton is? But I disagree with you last year, I knew where JC was. They were a very good team. Knew that when we played them. Same with a lot of teams last year. Including us, and our weak schedule giving us a false sense. This year, no idea. That was the entire point of my post. The original post. I’m sorry if that maybe gets under your skin, but nothing result wise that JC has done yet makes them stick out IMO. But guess what…… neither does Boyle and neither does Corbin.  Obviously I’m not the only one who thinks this. Again most wouldn’t admit it because like I said, it doesn’t crown their team king Of the state in week 5. For me, and others I assume, hopefully it’ll come together in the next 3-4 weeks and give me a better idea. But again, I don’t know how you can read my entire post and come away with me thinking JC is any less than any other team or arguing that they stand out more? My point all along. Haha

Yes, I read your post, and I have read other posts positing that Johnson Central is down this year, just as I have read posts for years that have said the same thing. This year is no different. Kentucky is not a strong football state. With the exception of Trinity, every team in the state plays its share of cupcakes every year and even Trinity plays a few bad teams because of district play. Geography and the fact that there are too many classes in Kentucky football makes it more difficult for some teams to schedule good teams than others. The RPI system has made the situation worse, IMO, as some schools predictably let RPI considerations drive influence their scheduling decisions too much. But this season really is no different than any other season. Just like last season, you will know how good Johnson Central is when and if Corbin plays them or when Boyle County plays them. This year's JC team has different strengths and weaknesses than last year's team, but nobody will now how they stack up to past JC teams until their season ends.

As for "getting under my skin," your post did not. This is just a sports forum, where most opinions are no better supported than other opinions. There are always a few trash talkers who are not content to brag on their own teams without disparaging other teams at the same time. I have never really understood what motivates trash talkers on this board and others but I definitely do not put you in the trash talking category. I just do not agree that it is any harder to judge football teams this season than in past seasons.

Most of the schools that are considered disappointments this season, like LCA, are smaller schools that generally have more trouble dealing with graduation losses and injuries than larger schools. Trinity has had to start its third string quarterback in some games this season. For a smaller school, the loss of a starting quarterback may be the difference in winning games and getting blown out, but for large schools with strong programs, they remain competitive despite injuries to key players. Pikeville has an unusually strong 

My comments about the general weakness of Kentucky football probably gets under many people's skins, but I think that it is hard to argue otherwise when you look at a very small number of teams dominating their divisions in most seasons. The "top heaviness" of Kentucky football reflects not only the general weakness in the quality of coaching across the state, but it also reflects the weak commitment that most Kentucky school districts provide to their football programs.
I completely agree with about everything you said. Outside of it being harder to judge this season. But like you said, we have our opinions on it.
  • Hoot Gibson

colornshades on.
I’m as guilty of it as anyone else some years so I know exactly what you mean. Seeing how Leslie County hasn’t had a winning season since 2016-17, I definitely take pride in some wins that in the grand scheme of the season… they mean absolutely nothing but they are good wins on the emotional side of being a fan. ( No, before anyone says it, I am not comparing LC to any of the teams mentioned. Just making a point)

I think that has a lot to do with it. As you mentioned, their are quite a few teams this year that have historically been really good but they’re not as good  this season… THUS FAR (examples include Belfry, LCA, Central, Paintesville, Somerset, Danville, etc.) That’s not to say they won’t get better or even win a ring depending on the class they play in.

I just think that as fans, we get caught up in the history of our opponents programs more than the current years team and when the team that we support beats them, we burn the world down and beat our chest until it’s bruised.
You can spin it anyway you want. Bowling Green and Henderson are good teams. Bowling Green is 2 years removed from a state title and has a senior laden line with young skill that will only get better. Henderson has a great box.
(09-25-2022, 11:36 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

colornshades on.
I’m as guilty of it as anyone else some years so I know exactly what you mean. Seeing how Leslie County hasn’t had a winning season since 2016-17, I definitely take pride in some wins that in the grand scheme of the season… they mean absolutely nothing but they are good wins on the emotional side of being a fan. ( No, before anyone says it, I am not comparing LC to any of the teams mentioned. Just making a point)

I think that has a lot to do with it. As you mentioned, their are quite a few teams this year that have historically been really good but they’re not as good  this season… THUS FAR (examples include Belfry, LCA, Central, Paintesville, Somerset, Danville, etc.) That’s not to say they won’t get better or even win a ring depending on the class they play in.

I just think that as fans, we get caught up in the history of our opponents programs more than the current years team and when the team that we support beats them, we burn the world down and beat our chest until it’s bruised.
Im as guilty as anyone haha. 
(09-25-2022, 12:03 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: You can spin it anyway you want. Bowling Green and Henderson are good teams. Bowling Green is 2 years removed from a state title and has a senior laden line with young skill that will only get better. Henderson has a great box.
Maybe. Maybe not. At the end, I’ll admit
when im wrong. But again, what does 2 years ago matter? Not one bit. Corbin has knocked off a title team in boyle, a runner up in FC. Years past has notbing to do with it. Which is why it makes this year strange. BG looked like a decent team. But im mot sold on them yet. Hell pulaski and pikeville looked like a decent team. Now do you think that is because they are? Or is it because they way we played them and Boyle played those? See you’re judging a team off of one single game. How do you know that boyle is as good as you think. Because they beat those teams who have beat up on awful teams. Same with Corbin. Same with JC. Like hoot said, our opinions make little difference, fun to debate, but I’m not sold on any of tje
3 yet. And I still say it might be a toss up come week 10 too. But that’s just my opinion too..
  • TheStickyBandit
There’s no maybe to it. There are seniors who started and played on that Bowling Green team that were sophomores. No one on Corbins team played on that 2018 team. That’s what it matters. Plus they beat a top 1000 team (cal preps) in Father Ryan.
JMO, Pikeville is as good as they usually are, Raceland is a little better than normal, but statewide the teams are not as strong this year as they have been in years past.
Hmmmmmmm Strange weather too.....