Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg
77.78%
East Ridge
22.22%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prestonsburg @ East Ridge 9/23
Prestonsburg will travel to East Ridge this Friday.

Prestonsburg (5-0)
Aug 19, 22 Betsy Layne home (W) 28 - 25 
Aug 26, 22 Magoffin County away (W) 26 - 18 
Sep 2, 22 Phelps away (W) 50 - 14 
Sep 9, 22 Powell County away (W) 42 - 26 
Sep 16, 22 Floyd Central home (W) 33 - 28 

East Ridge (2-2)
Aug 19, 22 Waggener home (W) 40 - 34  Armed Forces First Responders Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 Harlan at Belfry (L) 16 - 22  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 Betsy Layne away (W) 54 - 35 
Sep 16, 22 Tug Valley (Williamson), WV away (L) 22 - 33 

Series Per KHSAA
Nov 1, 2002 Prestonsburg 52 East Ridge 8
Oct 31, 2003 East Ridge 2 Prestonsburg 0 (forfeit)
Oct 29, 2004 Prestonsburg 57 East Ridge 0
Oct 28, 2005 Prestonsburg 56 East Ridge 7
Oct 27, 2006 Prestonsburg 42 East Ridge 8
Oct 2, 2015 Prestonsburg 49 East Ridge 0
Sep 30, 2016 Prestonsburg 48 East Ridge 8
Oct 13, 2017 Prestonsburg 53 East Ridge 0
Oct 12, 2018 Prestonsburg 32 East Ridge 16
Sep 27, 2019 Prestonsburg 54 East Ridge 8
Sep 25, 2020 Prestonsburg 29 East Ridge 26
Sep 24, 2021 Prestonsburg 48 East Ridge 22

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d

Thoughts?
Oh man! Prestonsburg gets #6.
(09-18-2022, 09:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Oh man! Prestonsburg gets #6.
 Be there first winning season they have had since Coach DeRossett left I believe.  Really great to see them winning again. Mountain football is better when Pburg is good.  I also seen the bleachers were full Friday. Such a great sight to see for the town.
[-] The following 4 users Like Matman's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, BlackcatPride32, jlow, Red and Black
(09-18-2022, 11:55 AM)Matman Wrote:
 Be there first winning season they have had since Coach DeRossett left I believe.  Really great to see them winning again. Mountain football is better when Pburg is good.  I also seen the bleachers were full Friday. Such a great sight to see for the town.

Smile You know, I love it for the kids....You know that makes the parents and players come together a little bit more each game... Making great memories is what it is all about!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(09-18-2022, 11:55 AM)Matman Wrote:
I might be biased, but Prestonsburg is one of the best football towns east of I-75. Yeah, the schedule doesn't include powerhouse programs, but that all really doesn't matter. Winning is what ultimately matters and it's what this program needed more than anything else, it didn't really matter who it come against. Winning fixes everything and right now Prestonsburg is winning and having fun doing it.

As for this game, the REAL season for Prestonsburg starts now. You're 5-0 and that's great and all, but it means nothing if we can't come out and compete for a district championship and make a playoff run, because this team is capable of going deep into the playoffs. #1 priority right now is taking care of business at East Ridge. The Warriors have a good quarterback, a good running back, and decent weapons on the outside, but the weakness for ER seems to be upfront and on defense. Last season, Prestonsburg come out and punched ER right in the mouth and didn't stop the whole night and won with ease. I think the game plan will be to come out and get into the backfield and prevent big plays. I don't think ER can stop Prestonsburg's offense, but if Pburg's defense can't get into the backfield and get pressure on Burdine then ER is capable of hanging around and keeping this game much closer than it should be.

I expect Prestonsburg to come out focused from the jump and win convincingly, 40-16.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
The key to the game for PBurg will be how the DL and safeties/overhang players stuff the run. ER looks to get Adkins and Burdine rolling in the running game, but Burdine has a more than capable arm.

This is a must win game for both to show that they’re better and taking that next step.

I feel like PBurg can put up 30+ points as long as we don’t turn the ball over.

Give me PBurg 32-18
I think the offense will be fine for Prestonsburg, but the defense has quite a few things to work on after the FC game. I can see this being a high scoring game and whoever has the ball last wins. Go Cats!
I'm not going to lie, this game worries me. I think we have an advantage up front on both sides of the ball, but they have the playmakers to give our defense some problems. They are a better version of Betsy Layne, but with more playmakers, in my opinion. It's simple, we have to be able to tackle better on the defensive side of the ball, and we can't afford any special teams touchdowns. Also, we can't turn the ball over and give them a short field. I look for our offense to come through once again and win a high scoring slugfest. I think our defense will bend, but not break.

Prestonsburg - 42
East Ridge - 35
The Blackcats start the season 6-0. Prestonsburg wins 32-18.
They will compete for a district championship this season.
I think we will win, but our secondary needs to show me something this week. The offense is probably peaking right now. They're a machine. The front 7 on defense are solid, but I haven't seen the secondary play well this year yet. If we come up against a team that can pass block then I think we're in big trouble.

Pburg 34
ER 13
[-] The following 2 users Like Red and Black's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, waughdaddy59
First team to 50

Prestonsburg 49
East Ridge 42
Bump for #6
This is a tough one. East Ridge is playing like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, you don't know what you gonna get from each game. If they are on it will be close , but as close as it can be it can get ugly. However , I'm gonna go with the good East Ridge team showing up and say they are beating Prestonsburg for the first time in school history!
I think that if Pburg can make plays on defense they win this game. Last week missed tackles and flags let Floyd Central hang around real close in that game. I mean all night Pburg met the ballcarrier either at or behind the line of scrimmage and did not wrap up. If they wrap up and play good pass coverage then they will win this game.
Pburg 36
ER 14
Got to ask, when was the last time Prestonsburg went 5-0 or was 6-0?
(09-20-2022, 09:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Got to ask, when was the last time Prestonsburg went 5-0 or was 6-0?

2009. They had an undefeated season up until the semifinal game of the playoffs where they lost to DeSales. Finished 13-1.
[-] The following 3 users Like clipperw's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, BlackcatPride32, Bull got out!
Game Day!
Excited to go to this one, I think tonight is gonna be a blackcat attack!
[-] The following 1 user Likes waughdaddy59's post:
  • BlackcatPride32