Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male 23 Trinity 21
Final from Trinity's Marshall Stadium.

Bulldogs win on a FG with 0:10 in the 4Q.
Waiting to hear what the Trinity faithful say.

Could be a short stint as head coach for Cobb.
Wow!!! Congratulations Male!!
(09-16-2022, 11:17 PM)GreyStoke Wrote: Waiting to hear what the Trinity faithful say.

Could be a short stint as head coach for Cobb.

Coach Cobb made some mistakes in this one, but having to play with your 3rd string QB isn't a winning hand. Especially not when he throws a pick six and later fumbles on your own 30 yard line. 

That said, Cobb is no Beatty and Trinity needs to look beyond the current coaching staff to find someone that will light a fire under the team. Cobb is a great DC, but it takes a different sort of guy to run the whole program.
Trinity is still the team to beat in 4A, IMO. A last minute loss to Male without their starting quarterback and a loss to the best team in Ohio does not mean that it is time for Trinity to panic or start searching for a new coach. I don't know when or if Trinity's top two quarterbacks will return, but if either of them return before the playoffs, then I would not think twice about picking Trinity to win 6A this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
I don't know anyone who can play with a 3rd string QB.. But by the looks of this score, Looks like Trinity almost got the win with a 3rd stringer!!! Just shows how good Trinity is in my book..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hoot Gibson