Poll: Frederick Douglass vs. Henry Clay
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frederick Douglass
100.00%
Henry Clay
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass @ Henry Clay 9/16
Douglass is scheduled to make the 4 mile trip to take on Henry Clay. Notice I said scheduled to play especially after what happen last week with Lafayette.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hopefully a game will be played....

Frederick Douglass 56
Henry Clay 3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Frederick Douglass 55
Henry Clay 00
Freddy D by 4 tds
This is only the 4th time the two schools have actually played. Douglass leads 3-0, but Henry Clay is the only FCPS to lose by single digits 14-7 in 2017 and also they are the only FCPS not to have had a running clock put on them by the Broncos.
(09-11-2022, 11:18 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Douglass is scheduled to make the 4 mile trip to take on Henry Clay. Notice I said scheduled to play especially after what happen last week with Lafayette.

I missed something... What happened last week?
(09-16-2022, 08:16 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 11:18 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Douglass is scheduled to make the 4 mile trip to take on Henry Clay. Notice I said scheduled to play especially after what happen last week with Lafayette.

I missed something... What happened last week?

Game was canceled last week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TheStickyBandit
It was actually two weeks ago my bad. Another reason I said that was the Henry Clay canceled the game last season. One thing I don't really understand the game that Henry Clay canceled last year was a home game for Douglass but this year they are playing at Henry Clay, but it is what it is I guess.
[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!, TheStickyBandit
With still 10:02 left in the firs half Frederick Douglass leads Henry Clay 22-0.

Ty Bryant had a 45 yard interception for a touchdown called back for a block in the back. Douglass ball at 42 yard line.

Douglass gets another rushing touchdown by Horton this one from 14 yards the extra point is good with 6:24 left in the first half Douglass leads now 29-0.

Douglass scores again but the extra point is no good and with 3:56 left in the first half the Broncos lead 35-0.

Well that did not take long on the first play after the kickoff Isiah Kenny gets a 22 yard pick 6 the extra point is no good and with 3:06 we now have a running clock with the Broncos now leading 41-0.

Henry Clay has really the first positive play as the run the kickoff back 68 yards to start on the Broncos 24 yard line.

However with the running clock the Blue Devils can only run one play which was for a loss and now it is halftime.

Frederick Douglass 41
Henry Clay 0

Douglass scores again on their first possession of the 2nd half on a 54 yard pass from Carpenter to Tate Johnson the extra point is good and with 6:34 left in the 3rd quarter Douglass now leads 48-0.
Even through the Broncos are up 48-0 they are still having to many penalties especially dead ball false starts they need to clean those up when they play someone like Boyle Co. and then the playoffs.

The Broncos get another touchdown early in the 4th quarter the extra point is no good with 9:48 left to play the score is 54-0 Douglass.

Henry Clay is moving the ball now that Douglass has the reserves in and have two straight runs of over 15 yards.

Henry Clay gets on the board with 1:47 left to play against the Douglass JV team to make it 54-7.