Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 28 Breathitt County 26
There’s a reason he ain’t back there wildcat. Everyone knows he’s one of the best athletes in the area. No sure what the reason is. Maybe he don’t know the Offense where he missed so much for basketball. Idk. I think Bryant’s pretty good but he needs to hit the holes harder when he runs the ball.
Wishbone would be a great offense for this personal. Bryant is a decent highschool QB but he’s not going to get them to a title, just not the best athlete. However the big end is going to have to get meaner when blocking on offense. Go back to the two point conversion they missed and he blocked 0 people. He should have cracked down and the pitch was left. The running back with the ball should of had two blockers leading the way however the defensive end blew the play up. Little things like this will cost you a ballgame.

I think Bryant would fair better out if the bone offense too. Sperry would be great but I don’t think he has the right mental ability to make that many decisions all the time. He’d probably get thrown out of every game as he doesn’t like to be tackled. I think he forgets that’s what the defense does when he has the ball, but watch him he will jaw off or push every defender that tackles him
To me this team is in search of an identity. In my opinion they do not have the personnel to spread it out and throw the ball all over. I would like to see them become more of a power running team with some simple play action plays where the QB has one maybe 2 reads to make. You would still have a deep threat on the outside but as far as sitting back in the spread and the QB going thru his progressions is not the best look for this team.

I don't know if Sperry is the answer at QB or not I would just like to see him play a couple quarters to get a different look and see what opens up
The more I read these forums the more and more I don’t want to read anymore, the kid puts up multiple tds per game rushing and throwing both, beats hazard, almost takes perry at home and y’all wanna throw a kid who’s never played qb over the starter? Y’all sound like uk fans, never satisfied. I’m not gonna use any kids names because their kids and it’s not my place but y’all just don’t like Bryant cause his last name. He’s the starter and will continue to be so take your boat and sail it out to sea
(09-14-2022, 12:21 PM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote: The more I read these forums the more and more I don’t want to read anymore, the kid puts up multiple tds per game rushing and throwing both, beats hazard, almost takes perry at home and y’all wanna throw a kid who’s never played qb over the starter? Y’all sound like uk fans, never satisfied. I’m not gonna use any kids names because their kids and it’s not my place but y’all just don’t like Bryant cause his last name. He’s the starter and will continue to be so take your boat and sail it out to sea
I'm with you. I think he's done fine in the position. I think the coach agrees and perhaps most importantly I think his teammates, particularly the receivers, are more than happy with him at QB. On top of that he seems like a great kid that tries hard. I'll think he'll take the Bobcats as far as anyone could this year and I agree with whoever said they're a year or two away from being serious contenders at state.
(09-14-2022, 12:21 PM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote: The more I read these forums the more and more I don’t want to read anymore, the kid puts up multiple tds per game rushing and throwing both, beats hazard, almost takes perry at home and y’all wanna throw a kid who’s never played qb over the starter? Y’all sound like uk fans, never satisfied. I’m not gonna use any kids names because their kids and it’s not my place but y’all just don’t like Bryant cause his last name. He’s the starter and will continue to be so take your boat and sail it out to sea
Am I missing something or is the last name Bryant suppose to mean something? I’m not understanding what u mean people just don’t like the kid because of his last name. Can you pls explain this to me and I’m being serious.
I agree with Sperry needing the ball in his hands more, but I don't think the answer is putting him at QB. Bryant has done well in my opinion through four games. He is actually a better runner than I anticipated, and he actually needs to run the ball more, when nothing is open down the field. People need to understand this is just his fourth game as a starter, and he will get better with each game. I think you have to give credit to Perry Central's defensive line, especially the left side of that front, which gave Breathitt's offensive line trouble all night. When Bryant had time, he made the right throws and if I am not mistaken, he didn't turn the ball over all night. Give this team time, and they could very well be playing in the state semi finals.
(09-15-2022, 12:41 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: I agree with Sperry needing the ball in his hands more, but I don't think the answer is putting him at QB. Bryant has done well in my opinion through four games. He is actually a better runner than I anticipated, and he actually needs to run the ball more, when nothing is open down the field. People need to understand this is just his fourth game as a starter, and he will get better with each game. I think you have to give credit to Perry Central's defensive line, especially the left side of that front, which gave Breathitt's offensive line trouble all night. When Bryant had time, he made the right throws and if I am not mistaken, he didn't turn the ball over all night. Give this team time, and they could very well be playing in the state semi finals.
He did have 1 interception.

Bryant has done ok so far not disputing that. I would just like to explore any possible other options I have that could put this team over the top. Not saying Bryant isn't the best they have would just like to see if they had a better option.

Would also like to see Combs and Gibson get more rushing attempts. I think they only touched the ball 3 or 4 times against PCC.
With Sperry or Bryant at QB, the ceiling for this team is a regional championship. If they were to make a state semi-final appearance, it would end there. LCA, Beechwood, and even Mayfield would be too much for this years team to handle. I think it gets interesting next year and in 2024. I believe Breathitt will have the talent to compete for a state championship during this time. I think the biggest question mark will be, who will be the QB of the future? Looking at the younger QB's currently on the roster, I just don't see a gamechanger at the position. I'm not saying a QB can't be developed, but with all of the young talent coming up from this freshman and sophomore class, one would hope a solid QB would emerge. I guess only time will tell.
(09-16-2022, 03:15 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: With Sperry or Bryant at QB, the ceiling for this team is a regional championship. If they were to make a state semi-final appearance, it would end there. LCA, Beechwood, and even Mayfield would be too much for this years team to handle. I think it gets interesting next year and in 2024. I believe Breathitt will have the talent to compete for a state championship during this time. I think the biggest question mark will be, who will be the QB of the future? Looking at the younger QB's currently on the roster, I just don't see a gamechanger at the position. I'm not saying a QB can't be developed, but with all of the young talent coming up from this freshman and sophomore class, one would hope a solid QB would emerge. I guess only time will tell.
That's why I would try Sperry out now. Think of Justin Haddix. His 1st year as starter was a struggle next year he comes out and leads them to state championship. They are not going to win it all this year so why not try out things for next year and 2024 when they could be legit contenders.