PT 14
Mayfield 13

start of 4th quarter

PT 14
Mayfield 13
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tica's post:
  • 64SUR
Mayfield takes the lead with a field goal 4:26 left 16-14

tilghman goes for it on 4th down and fails - Mayfield takes over on downs ahead 16-14

looks like it will end 16-14 with a Mayfield win - PT terrible discipline -
[-] The following 2 users Like Tica's post:
  • 64SUR, rookie57
WOW!
There were a lot of penalties on both sides tonight. MHS was stuffing PT until we lost 3 defensive starters in the course of about 2 minutes. I hope both teams rebound and win state titles.

PT faithful please lift #15 up. I know he feels terrible about the end of that game. However, he is gonna be needed to propel the Tornado down the line. Good luck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonis55's post:
  • MayfieldCardinal
As I said I’m the prediction thread, the intangibles, MHS has them, PT doesn’t. You can’t say that last unsportsmanlike penalty beat PT, because they were behind and had not scored in the second half, but it definitely took away 1 last shot. PT from coaches down have no discipline. Great athletes everywhere GO BIG RED
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-03-2022, 01:11 AM)rookie57 Wrote: As I said I’m the prediction thread, the intangibles, MHS has them, PT doesn’t. You can’t say that last unsportsmanlike penalty beat PT, because they were behind and had not scored in the second half, but it definitely took away 1 last shot. PT from coaches down have no discipline. Great athletes everywhere  GO BIG RED

You was exactly right about this game.....Congratulations Mayfield!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • rookie57
Ive seen alot of Mayfield Tilghman games in my 71 yeaars but last night was the most physical ive seen the two play.Hard hit after hard hit.If u missed this game u missed a dandy.Both played their hearts out.Tilghman is back no doubt about it look out 3a.My thoughts on this game is one key was discipline Tilghman didnt have it.Us we left more than 21 points on the field getting stopped in the red zone multiple times.It was a game of 4th and short several times.A major play was fourth and less than one for Tilghman they went for it and didnt make it we took over and ran the clock out.Everyone lift Mayfields Jax Rogers up in your prayers,great young man.He had a pretty bad injury and maybe lose rest of high school career.3rd year in a row for this all state caliber kid.Goof luck to Tilgmzn rest of the year 16 to 14 what a game!!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like barnabus_c2001's post:
  • Bull got out!, rookie57