Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday night Playoff games???
There are some reports that the KHSAA does not have enough qualified officials for the 1st round of the playoffs and some games will be played Thursday night.

Do you know of any Thursday night games???
If you officiate regular season games does that not qualify you for playoff games? I would think after so many games on a Friday there would be enough to do playoff games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:If you officiate regular season games does that not qualify you for playoff games? I would think after so many games on a Friday there would be enough to do playoff games.

I would think that also, since there are not as many teams playing.
I dont think your average joe official can do playoff games...
kyr450 Wrote:I dont think your average joe official can do playoff games...
I know some that should'nt Smile Smile
KHSAA should contact all the coaches on Monday to see who will play on a Thursday or Saturday. We should find out Monday evening or Tuesday on who will play on Thursday or Saturday.
IF this has to happen then have all the 1 seed vs.4 seed games on thrusday or saturday. These games are usually blowouts anyway. If this problem persists I think its time to shorten the playoffs by a week where only 3 teams make it out of each district and the #1 seed gets a first round bye.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IF this has to happen then have all the 1 seed vs.4 seed games on thrusday or saturday. These games are usually blowouts anyway. If this problem persists I think its time to shorten the playoffs by a week where only 3 teams make it out of each district and the #1 seed gets a first round bye.

I agree with you.
Keep in mind this is another way to make more money at the gate. I know I would pay to go to a game on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Cha Ching.

Someone said your average official cannot do a playoff game. I say why not we have all the same teams playing with the exception of the few unlucky ones that were in districts with more than 4 teams.

I do like the idea of playing on all three nights.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IF this has to happen then have all the 1 seed vs.4 seed games on thrusday or saturday. These games are usually blowouts anyway. If this problem persists I think its time to shorten the playoffs by a week where only 3 teams make it out of each district and the #1 seed gets a first round bye.

I agree 100 %
Jeepman Wrote:Keep in mind this is another way to make more money at the gate. I know I would pay to go to a game on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Cha Ching.

Someone said your average official cannot do a playoff game. I say why not we have all the same teams playing with the exception of the few unlucky ones that were in districts with more than 4 teams.

I do like the idea of playing on all three nights.

Me to Jeep man, But the KHSAA needs more ref's in football.
To work the playoffs, you must one, attend the state clinic, attend your mandatory association meetings and take your part 2 test. Now, some officials for some reason do not do some of the items above which eliminate them from post season. The first round, some of these have been waived just to get enough of officials.

Yes, we do need more officials across the state. Believe me, most of you fans seem to know the rules, when to apply them and make clear judgement, you do this each and every Friday night....
If you are a 1 seed you want your game on Thursday, but definately not Saturday. By playing Thursday you have that extra day off to heal bruises, it also affords coaches the chance to scout their second round opponent in person, or go watch a potential opponent for further down the road. Although it's only one day off, that extra 24 hours could be huge in a marathon like the playoffs.
So what is the deal. Anyone have any info?
The only positive to this situation would be from the view of us fans......Getting to watch 3 playoff games in one week would indeed be amazing! However its a bad situation for a team who could possibly be cut short a day of preparation for a huge game....Especially if they don't find out until the week of the game!
So if there aren't enough qualified officials to call the playoffs now that there are fewer games, who the heck was calling the regular season games? Did I miss my name in a raffle or something?
Lake Chief Wrote:So if there aren't enough qualified officials to call the playoffs now that there are fewer games, who the heck was calling the regular season games? Did I miss my name in a raffle or something?
Actually there are as many if not more games the first week of the playoffs because ALL playoff teams are playing as opposed to the regular season when some teams are off one week due to the 11 weeks to play ten games schedule.
Also, some regular season officials are not qualified to officiate post season due to missed meetings, missed clinics, or missed exams.
I'm all for it.
I think higher ranked teams should get the thursday game..is there any updates on this?
KHSAA currently has 2 games listed on Thursday and the rest scheduled for Friday.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
blackcat_student Wrote:KHSAA should contact all the coaches on Monday to see who will play on a Thursday or Saturday. We should find out Monday evening or Tuesday on who will play on Thursday or Saturday.

I seriously doubt that if it is what the KHSAA wants to instill this that there would not be any questions asking who will play on a thursday, saturday, or any other night they want the game to take place. The beginning and the end of the conversation would be like this, "This is the day , the time, and the place that you will be playing boys , good luck to all" and that will be the end of that discussion. Next item on the agenda.Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I seriously doubt that if it is what the KHSAA wants to instill this that there would not be any questions asking who will play on a thursday, saturday, or any other night they want the game to take place. The beginning and the end of the conversation would be like this, "This is the day , the time, and the place that you will be playing boys , good luck to all" and that will be the end of that discussion. Next item on the agenda.Smile

Yeah, that does sound more like it. Smile
i heard that LCA's coach wanted to play Nicholas on thursday, just because he wanted to scout their next game friday.. id say nicholas coach wasnt happy to hear that