Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 34 Ashland 7
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Final.
Haha Ashland sucks
Ashland is a bad football team. Next week Boyd’s game is huge for Ashland. Lose that one and there may not be many wins left on the schedule. Will the Tomcat faithful be patient with Tackett?

Raceland is a good football team. The Rams face a different level of challenge next week against Russell. The Red Devil line is much stronger than Ashland. It’s a must win game in the turf opener for the Rams. However, TJ Maynard seems to own his old staff every time this game rolls around.
Join the threads please.
Congratulations to Raceland good win tonight
Congratulations to Raceland, though, for doing what they were supposed to do. Is this Raceland’s biggest margin of victory ever over Ashland?
RRR, Get’r did big orange
Seen raceland at the lineman challenge and you could tell they would compete physically with many mountain teams.
Congrats Rams
(08-20-2022, 11:11 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Congratulations to Raceland, though, for doing what they were supposed to do.  Is this Raceland’s biggest margin of victory ever over Ashland?
Yes….a few years back we was up14-0 and about to make it 21-0 but we kinda took our foot off the gas and got beat 21-14! That game was hard for me to swallow.
Raceland has a complete football team. Not many weaknesses out there for a school their size. They took advantage of Ashland mistakes and methodically moved the ball down the field the whole game.

Ashland has some dudes, they just shot themselves in the foot and got down early and just couldn’t recover. They’ve got to work on their punting. They give the Rams excellent field position a few times because of shanked punts.

I don’t think the Tomcats are a bad football team, they just have some kinks to work out and it’s hard to do against really good teams like Raceland.
Moving forward I think Mike can’t forget to stretch the field. You don’t even have to complete the pass ….just show the defense you will take a shot from time to time! Special teams aren’t to special on this team. The long snap on the punt team needs some attention and you can’t kick the dang ball out of pounds on the kick off! I can’t wait to see this team play Highlands in a few weeks. Assland is young. Please give Chad enough time to make this team his. He’s a good coach and a gray man for these young boys to be around
Ashland bad
Raceland good
Raceland should have an undefeated season.
No one on their schedule should challenge them.
Raceland 2022 State Champs!
(08-21-2022, 01:19 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Ashland bad
Raceland good
Wondering where you were. I agree and I'm serious. Pikeville the most vanilla and predictable offense on the planet. Going to start a thread on it tomorrow and whoever is offended by it needs to be...
Way to go Rams!
Racelands attitude was totally different last night, from thr head coach on down. This would have been an easy game to mess up. Hyped up pressure, playing a home game 30 minutes away from home, disappointment from not getting your real home opener on your new turf. Plus, its Ashland. Sure, they were expected to be down this year, but we have stumbled against "bad" Ashland teams before.

This was the most mature Raceland perfeomance I have seen in a good while. We were never flat footed, physically or mentally. Guys flew to the ball defensively we were balanced on offense, both in play calling and personel. We did some really good things last night.

Kick coverage has to get a little more stable. I kept waiting for Jennings to reverse the field on us. Long snapping needs a little work, Lykins can flip the field on teams and thats a huge weapon for our defense.

Russell will be a better and more polished team next week than the one we just saw and their backfield really gets downhill. We will know more aboutbour physicality this time next week for sure.
Congrats to the Rams on the win against the Tomcats! I believe this is our largest margin of victory in the series. Raceland played with an intensity that I haven’t seen in a very long time. This is going to be a fun team to watch. Next week and the Highlands game will tell us a lot more about this team.

As for Ashland, I disagree that they are a bad team. They are just really young and need time to grow. If I am a Tomcat fan, I would be proud of them for not giving up and playing hard until the end even when the outcome was clearly decided.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • RAMDAD50
(08-21-2022, 03:28 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 01:19 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Ashland bad
Raceland good
Wondering where you were. I agree and I'm serious. Pikeville the most vanilla and predictable offense on the planet. Going to start a thread on it tomorrow and whoever is offended by it needs to be...
Raceland will have trouble with Russell and Highlands is gonna be a tough game. We end the year with a good Lawrence County team that almost beat us last year at LC. Calling for a undefeated season is a little premature but I love where your heart is Microw hahah 

Jett…come on now haha. Pikeville has a serious schedule and they gonna bump their heads a lot this season. Come play off time they will still be the best team in class A and you know it.
I guess the terms “bad” and “good” are relative. I should say that this is the worst Ashland team in quite a few years and this is the best Raceland team in quite a few years. The kind of difference that produces 350 yards to 70, 22 first downs to 5, and merciful score of 34-7. Actually, last year’s Ashland team was already trending down but Padron saved the day for them at times. Ashland usually has had a player capable of doing that like Padron, Pittman, Garrett, Hester, Ratliff, and Baker. Jennings is the closest to that but he’s just too young and small at this point to be that guy.

Raceland’s players avoided some of the pitfalls that could come when seeing in the first quarter this was going to be a complete domination. The play calling got a little conservative after the big lead was established, but I suppose they don’t want to drop the hammer on Ashland completely because there will be a time in 2 or 3 years when the tables are turned if Ashland retains the core of those classes.

Russell is far stronger up front than Ashland. Russell runs an offense, though, designed to get athletes in space when they don’t really have athletes who excel in space. They should just line up and try to ram the Rams with an occasional pass to Patrick thrown in if Raceland ever tries to man cover him. That would be quite a test for any team, Raceland included. I expect Raceland to handle their business again next week in the grand opening of their turf, which looks outstanding by the way, but it won’t be easy against another and perhaps even bigger rival.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • Orange Blaze
Ok….after rewatching the game this morning you guys are wrong about Assland….they are not a horrible team. There is plenty to work with on this team they are just you g. Yes they don’t have that typical Assland athlete or two that stands out over anyone else on the field but they look good in some positions. The linebackers played really well. They didn’t miss many tackles at all. Raceland was just able to get those three or four busts before the linebackers made the stops. Jennings is gonna be a special athlete for Assland and the qb throws a decent ball. I believe Assland would’ve had more success if they would’ve throw the ball more because Racelands small corners were overmatched.

As far as Raceland goes they look really polished for the first game of the season. They are a strange team to watch offensively. They run a offense that’s meant to get speedy kids in open space but they run it as a controlled clock eating offense haha. Idk if the Rams made enough mistakes in this game to give Mike coaching material in the film room. The kids are ready for big things this season. Let’s hope they put the blinders on and TCB
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(08-21-2022, 10:36 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Ok….after rewatching the game this morning you guys are wrong about Assland….they are not a horrible team. There is plenty to work with on this team they are just you g. Yes they don’t have that typical Assland athlete or two that stands out over anyone else on the field but they look good in some positions. The linebackers played really well. They didn’t miss many tackles at all. Raceland was just able to get those three or four busts before the linebackers made the stops. Jennings is gonna be a special athlete for Assland and the qb throws a decent ball. I believe Assland would’ve had more success if they would’ve throw the ball more because Racelands small corners were overmatched.

As far as Raceland goes they look really polished for the first game of the season. They are a strange team to watch offensively. They run a offense that’s meant to get speedy kids in open space but they run it as a controlled clock eating offense haha. Idk if the Rams made enough mistakes in this game to give Mike coaching material in the film room. The kids are ready for big things this season. Let’s hope they put the blinders on and TCB
The thing that I was most impressed with from Raceland was how we kept our foot on the gas with the intensity of play.  In the past we always seem to have a half or at least a quarter that seems flat without any energy.  That wasn’t the case last night and the energy stayed high the whole game from the players and the fans.  This team seems to have a balance of a very business like approach with staying loose and keeping the game fun.  I’m still going to stay reserved on getting too hyped up but the electricity around the program is very exciting right now.
(08-21-2022, 11:19 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 10:36 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Ok….after rewatching the game this morning you guys are wrong about Assland….they are not a horrible team. There is plenty to work with on this team they are just you g. Yes they don’t have that typical Assland athlete or two that stands out over anyone else on the field but they look good in some positions. The linebackers played really well. They didn’t miss many tackles at all. Raceland was just able to get those three or four busts before the linebackers made the stops. Jennings is gonna be a special athlete for Assland and the qb throws a decent ball. I believe Assland would’ve had more success if they would’ve throw the ball more because Racelands small corners were overmatched.

The thing that I was most impressed with from Raceland was how we kept our foot on the gas with the intensity of play.  In the past we always seem to have a half or at least a quarter that seems flat without any energy.  That wasn’t the case last night and the energy stayed high the whole game from the players and the fans.  This team seems to have a balance of a very business like approach with staying loose and keeping the game fun.  I’m still going to stay reserved on getting too hyped up but the electricity around the program is very exciting right now.
Did you notice the difference in the play calling once we got inside the 20? For years we always stalled out once we got into the “orange” zone. Mike actually attacked more once we got down there rather then just pounding the middle and turning the ball over on downs.
https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/...e271f.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree whole heartedly RD and Blaze. After watching the game again, alot of what Ashland could not do, had everything to do with our defense and not their lack of ability. We have held teams to low offensive production before, but in the past atleast one or 2 of those times that Jordan tried to stretch the field by dancing, we would have given up a big score. Our defense is all over the field. From the DTs ro the CBs, they fly. And I really like the way the offense is running right now. The screen game is FINALLY working like it should. The run game is consistent. Keep blinders on and keep pounding.
Jules is really looking good as our change of pace kid out of the backfield. Got a good mix with him noah and isaac.
On the post game show on Tomcat's radio, Dicky Martin gave the team stats for the game. Said Ashland had 70 yards total offense for the game. He also spoke with Ashland coach Tackett. Tackett said some of their players played hard the whole time, but then he said some quit. Said that may have to do some changes.
(08-21-2022, 02:59 PM)timocee Wrote: On the post game show on Tomcat's radio, Dicky Martin gave the team stats for the game. Said Ashland had 70 yards total offense for the game. He also spoke with Ashland coach Tackett. Tackett said some of their players played hard the whole time, but then he said some quit. Said that may have to do some changes.
That’s a sign of a young team. I didn’t really see any body language from the Tomcat players that would make me think any of them quit.
I take issue with people saying this was a bad Ashland team. Skill wise they had dudes running around all over the field. Their weakness is up front. But to say they are bad is taking credit away from Raceland. No it’s not one of their best teams but they aren’t bad.
I'm telling you right now, this Raceland team will be the team to beat in 1A when it's all said and done.
(08-22-2022, 04:03 PM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I'm telling you right now, this Raceland team will be the team to beat in 1A when it's all said and done.
I like it when fans from other schools love on us! Preach it brother hahah