Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with East Ridge's forfeiting games
Just saw on KHSAA that East Ridge has forfeited 2 games, Knott County and Phelps. Did I miss something on that one?
Hmmm...First I have heard!
I was checking the KHSAA website --looking at scores/records from other teams. I noticed it on the 2 teams I mentioned in the earlier post.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Hmmm...First I have heard!

Me too but here is the link.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ction_name=
Hmm, They won both games, why would they forfeite the wins?
It was posted on here earlier that #33 was inelegible..I ususally know alot about ER's program, but not much on this one. I know he didnt play last year due to failure of the grade..
Can anyone tell me why East Ridge had to forfeit against Phelps and Knott County Central?
Saw that on KHSAA scoreboard. Was just wondering why:confused: .
Coach Cline Wrote:It was posted on here earlier that #33 was inelegible..I ususally know alot about ER's program, but not much on this one. I know he didnt play last year due to failure of the grade..

If that's true, then somebody (counselor, AD, principal) is not doing their job. This doesn't fall under a coach's job description although, some veteran coaches keep tabs on elgibility because of things like this.
mandan Wrote:If that's true, then somebody (counselor, AD, principal) is not doing their job. This doesn't fall under a coach's job description although, some veteran coaches keep tabs on elgibility because of things like this.

I heard earlier they were playing an 8th grader
What happened was a player on their team failed a semester of a class, and at the end of the year was 1/2 a credit short, and was told he'd only be elligible if he made up 6 1/2 credits and only made up 6. East Ridge was aware of this because on all stats given to the KHSAA, they said his number was of a different player and not the ineligible player.
Well I was hopeing to keep this a secret but, yes we are "offically" 0-9 right now on the season.
Please, tell us why.
Belfry0304 Wrote:What happened was a player on their team failed a semester of a class, and at the end of the year was 1/2 a credit short, and was told he'd only be elligible if he made up 6 1/2 credits and only made up 6. East Ridge was aware of this because on all stats given to the KHSAA, they said his number was of a different player and not the ineligible player.

When they did the digging, it turns out there were 4 total players that were inelligable, and one more that had quit a fer weeks before. I know that a couple of those kids were known about beforehand. SOmbody needs to get their stuff together
Cause of using Travis Bartley. He nor any coach at ER knew he was illegible, but what happend happend crying and whying isnt going to give us our W's back. all though I think were keeping the Pike County Bowl Trophy.
Hate to here this about a program that has been improving the way they have...
kyr450 Wrote:Hate to here this about a program that has been improving the way they have...

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????:bigeyed: :bigeyed:
^^lol...what is that guy talking about?
Please stay on topic!!!

If anyone has any new information regarding the thread topic that is. Please do not force this one to be closed!!!
I think there may have been a few who were ineligable, but only one of those players actaully "played". No one was aware he was not eligable, I guess whoevers responsibility it was just didn't look into it enough.
That's aweful. It is the coach's job to make sure that the players that he plays are eligible. I think this is a bad situatuion for everyone. ER deserves what they got.
Booya Wrote:That's aweful. It is the coach's job to make sure that the players that he plays are eligible. I think this is a bad situatuion for everyone. ER deserves what they got.

I would think it would be up to the AD and the school administration to keep up with who is eligible and who is not.
Booya Wrote:That's aweful. It is the coach's job to make sure that the players that he plays are eligible. I think this is a bad situatuion for everyone. ER deserves what they got.

I disagree. A new coach coming into a new system must rely on counselors and other administrators to provide him with the proper info on potential players. A list of grades for ALL students is usually available a few days after the school year. I don't think the coach was hired until just before practices started. Sooooo, somebody dropped the ball on this one, and I don't think it was the coach. Now, if the head coach knowingly played inelgible players, he should be gone.
mandan Wrote:I disagree. A new coach coming into a new system must rely on counselors and other administrators to provide him with the proper info on potential players. A list of grades for ALL students is usually available a few days after the school year. I don't think the coach was hired until just before practices started. Sooooo, somebody dropped the ball on this one, and I don't think it was the coach. Now, if the head coach knowingly played inelgible players, he should be gone.

I agree with you, but if the coach did know the player was ineligible and played him I don't think he should be fired, he is doing a good job so far but I really think in the next 3-5 years East Ridge will be a very good team. But I wouldn't fire after this type of infraction.
I really feel for the kids on the team who worked hard to make the most of there season and have to forfeit they're hard faught wins to do someone at the school not doing they're job to the fullest. I feel for the ER football team atleast everyone should know what games they truely did win.
Thats just awful.
blackcat_student Wrote:I agree with you, but if the coach did know the player was ineligible and played him I don't think he should be fired, he is doing a good job so far but I really think in the next 3-5 years East Ridge will be a very good team. But I wouldn't fire after this type of infraction.

He is the leader of the program. If he knowingly cheats or breaks/ignores the rules he is not setting a good example for his players. I hope this is not the case. I think he will do a good job, also, if given the chance and positive support. ER's administration let him down, IMO.
To set the record stright, Coach Branham did not know that the player(s) were illeligible, we did not know til about 2-3 weeks ago and snice that day that he told us that we havent played the player any.
warriorpride Wrote:To set the record stright, Coach Branham did not know that the player(s) were illeligible, we did not know til about 2-3 weeks ago and snice that day that he told us that we havent played the player any.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure glad that Coach Branham was not guilty of any infraction. As stated before, sounds like the administration let him down. Hang in there Bobby. It will get better.
IMO I think ever who the Adminstration is should be fired for letting the players play and for not letting the coach's know in time so that the other kids would not be penalized for there mistake. I feel sorry for the kids that had made the grades.
bobby1 Wrote:IMO I think ever who the Adminstration is should be fired for letting the players play and for not letting the coach's know in time so that the other kids would not be penalized for there mistake. I feel sorry for the kids that had made the grades.
I don't know about fired, but something needs to be done to make sure it don't happen again.