Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 26 - Pike Central 21
Congrats to J.D. Vanhoose. Game winner on his 18th Birthday!!!!!!!!!
JD willed the Tigers to VICTORY!!!
He goes at QB for the first time in the game on the last play runs the keeper and gets pushed back, but fights and finds paydirt for the comeback win!
wow. game of the week in my book. real shocker. lol

Congrats Tigers!
Anyone who watched this game knows that it was stolen from the HAWKS...Time runs out and then paintsville calls a timeout???? Cheating is not the way to claim a victory!! WTG HAWKS ( the real winners). This was absolutely the worst call in football at the last 1.7 seconds I have ever witnessed. Paintsville did not have time to call a timeout during the play with time running out, if they did, why did their players keep playing til time ran out? Then the refs gave them another play, by far worst cheat in my book this year to any HS team......
Oh and lets not forget the late hits , which there were a ton of them, right in front of the refs, but yet no flags....Oh well, these boys will recover, they are very tough.
How could they have not had time to call a timeout, if , as you admitted, 1.7 seconds on the clock? i flipped it back over at the play with 6 seconds left and heard the confusion, but obviously if Paintsville had a TO, then there was plenty of time left after the QB keeper. good job Tigers. sounds like a great game by both teams.
Way to go Tigers!!!
Maybe I explained this wrong... From the stands...paintsville is in the middle of play, times goes to 000 as they are being tackled. Then they claim a timeout was called , my question is why did they keep playing if they were in a timeout? After that 000 that got another play to make the touchdown win...Just didnt seem right...Well the entire calling of the game for that matter didnt seem right...But thats just my opinion..maybe others that were there saw this too...I know paintsville fans were in disbelief also. So it was not all just me Smile
HawksRule Wrote:Anyone who watched this game knows that it was stolen from the HAWKS...Time runs out and then paintsville calls a timeout???? Cheating is not the way to claim a victory!! WTG HAWKS ( the real winners). This was absolutely the worst call in football at the last 1.7 seconds I have ever witnessed. Paintsville did not have time to call a timeout during the play with time running out, if they did, why did their players keep playing til time ran out? Then the refs gave them another play, by far worst cheat in my book this year to any HS team......

Rolleyes What's wrong, upset the underdog Tigers beat your favored Hawks.

Congrats Tigers, now get ready for your second toughest opponent of the year.
Just because none of the players called a timeout doesn't mean the coaches didn't. Maybe that's why the PLAYERS kept playin on.
This was one of the best HS football games I've seen in a while. Great job by both teams. As for the last play, congrats to JD as he won the game on a QB keeper on his 18th birthday. As for the 'cheating' this game was at PCC, and that is completely wrong that the Tigers cheated, with about 1.5 seconds left, the prior play ended, and as soon as the Humphrey went down on the keeper, almost all of the Paintsville coaches were signaling time-out to the referees. One acknowledged the time-out while the others ran into the pile, to determine the spot of the ball. However, the clock did not stop, and it continued running even after the referee granting the time-out, blew the whistle. So 'cheating' was not the reason that PCC lost this game. Nobody deserved to lose this one tonight. Outstanding effort by both teams. And best of luck the rest of the way.
HawksRule Wrote:Maybe I explained this wrong... From the stands...paintsville is in the middle of play, times goes to 000 as they are being tackled. Then they claim a timeout was called , my question is why did they keep playing if they were in a timeout? After that 000 that got another play to make the touchdown win...Just didnt seem right...Well the entire calling of the game for that matter didnt seem right...But thats just my opinion..maybe others that were there saw this too...I know paintsville fans were in disbelief also. So it was not all just me Smile

Maybe the kids didn't know the time out was called. Cause a coach can call a time out. And maybe the coached told the official before the play that if we don't get in "i want a time out". The radio said that the clock was stopped at 1.7 sec, when the officials were calling for the time out and then restarted. And also WHERE was this game played? PCC So the Hawks were sheated on their own home field. lol please. Sounds to me that the clock man caused the controversy. Confusedhh:
m a y b e
I had no clue Paintsville even had a timeout the way they were using clock management. Absolutely terrible clock management they let about 40 seconds run off after failing to get a first down and then they spiked it inside the ten once. They got lucky having the timeout when they did and nothing happened to prevent them from running two plays. The TO should have been called long before it was but in the end it worked out. I just think that the play was still going on when the TO was called but I guess not.
If ya called a timeout...why were you still running? Just curious no pun intended. Smile
HawksRule Wrote:If ya called a timeout...why were you still running? Just curious no pun intended. Smile

If the whistle's didn't blow why wouldn't you keep runnin.
Congrats to the tigers!!!Never give up!!!
HawksRule Wrote:Anyone who watched this game knows that it was stolen from the HAWKS...Time runs out and then paintsville calls a timeout???? Cheating is not the way to claim a victory!! WTG HAWKS ( the real winners). This was absolutely the worst call in football at the last 1.7 seconds I have ever witnessed. Paintsville did not have time to call a timeout during the play with time running out, if they did, why did their players keep playing til time ran out? Then the refs gave them another play, by far worst cheat in my book this year to any HS team......

This has to be one of the worst examples of post-game whining I have seen on here. I am someone with no ties to either school, and I wonder how you could say that Paintsville cheated? If you call timeout when the play is dead, and there is time left on the clock, why wouldn't you get another play? If anything, you could say there was timekeeper error, but that is a judgment call, and certainly not grounds to call it a 'tainted' victory for the Tigers.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Call it what you like, just stating my opinion and [B]the play was still going on when time went to 000 , hawks tackled during that play. no whining , not worth it. [B]GOOD LUCK NEXT GAME HAWKS.
HawksRule Wrote:Call it what you like, just stating my opinion and [B]the play was still going on when time went to 000 , hawks tackled during that play. no whining , not worth it. [B]GOOD LUCK NEXT GAME HAWKS.

The players may have still been hitting, but that doesn't mean the officials hadn't already ruled that the play was over before time ran out. As others have said, the players likely didn't hear the whistle, in which case they should keep going.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO, if a team has a timeout, and the end of a play happens to where "A REF KNOWS THAT A TIMEOUT IS GETTING READY TO BE CALLED" that a ref has got to be anticipating a timeout to be called in which probably happened in this case! Wasn't there, but I would GUARANTEE it was the right call because it is just instincts for one for a timeout to be called at that time of a game! BIG WIN TIGERS but I just don't think it is really an upset, it is PAINTSVILLE..TRADITION!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:IMO, if a team has a timeout, and the end of a play happens to where "A REF KNOWS THAT A TIMEOUT IS GETTING READY TO BE CALLED" that a ref has got to be anticipating a timeout to be called in which probably happened in this case! Wasn't there, but I would GUARANTEE it was the right call because it is just instincts for one for a timeout to be called at that time of a game! BIG WIN TIGERS but I just don't think it is really an upset, it is PAINTSVILLE..TRADITION!
Good post! The thing that we are forgetting about officials in this region...they just aren't very good. One or two crews can manage a game but that is it. Most crews are afraid to blow there whistles. They aren't cheating...they just aren't very good!!!
Wow...I missed this one.
congrats Paintsville big win for them right befor the season ends. To my Hawks keep your heads up tough game next week and just come out ready to play.

To the play it doesn't matter if it was the right call or wrong call the fact of the matter is this game has no affect of district seeding one team lost and one team won while neither derserved to lose. Congrats to both teams on playing your heart out thats all you can do. Keep it up to both teams and continue to make your schools proud with hard work and dedication.
Congrats to Paintsville on the hard fought, and well earned victory. This was kind of a surprise to me, as I thought Pike Central would have beaten them. I swear, it seems like every post I have read on here is "we got cheated"..quit whining. I read on the Valley-Prestonsburg game, that Pburg would have won by 28 points if "the refs didnt cheat"...how freakin lame is that?? And classless. You won the damn game, and still on here whining....Ive always heard, dont put yourself in a position to have the refs determine the outcome of the game. Because crazy things will happen. All of the "they cheated us" is so childish, and immature to say the LEAST. I know several Pike Central fans, and talked to two of them this morning, and they said that Paintsville flat outplayed them. And I can believe it. Hawks, you got beaten by a team that wanted it more. Nobody cheated you. You got beat.
I wasn't there, but listened to every play.
Paintsville had only around 170 yards of offense, PCC had around 260. PCC gained all but 5 yards of that through the air on 51 pass attempts!
Both teams relied on their D the whole game!! PCC passing attack was very well spread out with short dumps, flats, a few deep(that were dropped) and their bread and butter, across the middle!
Personally, I thought Paintsville's play calling was terrible unti the last 3 plays of the game, with the pass to JD over the middle and the keepers.
Paintsville won this one on 2 great punt returns by Patrick Butcher that set up first and goal for the Tigers, and pur WILL by the players!
Defensive Gem by both with about an average of 3 yards per play by both teams on around 135 offensive plays!
Looked like Pike Central runs the spread offense pretty good, they just didnt get many yards on completions last night. Alot of the passes were about 5 yard gains, the Tigers secondary did a good job at keeping them at that. The only weak spot that I saw in the coverage was probably like the Guru said PCC was having success, in the middle. Butcher did have a 2 huge punt returns that set up 2 Tiger TD's. He's been having good punt returns all year when the defense forces a punting opportunity.
Sounded like a great game..Congrats to Paintsville!!
Who are your better officials in the region? I know a lot of them have called big games and the state championship. I have heard good things about them and really don't understand why they cannot call the Pike County Bowl...
HawksRule Wrote:If ya called a timeout...why were you still running? Just curious no pun intended. Smile

I think you need to learn how to use words in their correct context.