Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 - East Carter 7
Final
way to go Belfry
Final

Belfry moves to 9-0 on the season....

Belfry has a chance to go 10-0 in the regular season for the first time in school history next week against Johnson Central on Senior night at the CAM

Go Pirates !!!

:Skull03:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Final

Belfry moves to 9-0 on the season....

Belfry has a chance to go 10-0 in the regular season for the first time in school history next week against Johnson Central on Senior night at the CAM

Go Pirates !!!

:Skull03:

Actually Belfry went 11-0 during the regular season in 90'.
Congrats Pirates...You guys will have your hands full next week!!
good job pirates.
Good job Belfry
I have never witnessed that many penalties in a single game in ym life. Don't think I am saying that Belfyr got shafted either, both teams had numerous bad calls made. Probably over half of tonight's penalties were wither plasy that had nothing to do with the outcome, or tick-tack calls that should have never been made. Tons of unsportsmanlike conduct penatlies and eprsonal fouls, yet at no point did the refs call the captains over and/or the coaches to try to settle it down.

Odd game with no flow to it...
The 3rd quarter took longer than the entire rest of the game.

I was impressed with our JV D. They came out tough and held EC to back to back 3 and outs in the 4th, whereas EC moved well against our starters. I don't know if EC had quit at that point, were worn down, or if our starters just didn't come to play tonight...

Yes, I said didn't come to play, on a 42-7 win.

We got to see a lot of what's in store for next year though. Timmy and Thomas are going to be as big as David and Doug, in the eyes of our community, at least. They are both very fast and have great moves. They remind me a lot of Matt Maynard.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have never witnessed that many penalties in a single game in ym life. Don't think I am saying that Belfyr got shafted either, both teams had numerous bad calls made. Probably over half of tonight's penalties were wither plasy that had nothing to do with the outcome, or tick-tack calls that should have never been made. Tons of unsportsmanlike conduct penatlies and eprsonal fouls, yet at no point did the refs call the captains over and/or the coaches to try to settle it down.

Belfry had 85yds in penalties and East Carter had 91.5yds
Seems like a flag was thrown everyother play tonight (on both teams)...not a good football atmosphere.
I cannot honestly remember a more dynamic Sophomore, in terms of all the things he can do overall, than Thomas Varney.

The kid has proven himself as a playmaker running the ball, catching the ball, returning punts, returning kickoffs, covering receivers, making big hits, making touchdown saving tackles on defense and special teams.

Additionally, this kid played QB as a freshman and can throw the ball, he also punts the ball pretty well too.

Do I think he will be a dominant running back like a Doug Howard? No...
Do I think he will be one of Belfry's most memorable players? Yes...

And having a kid with the potential of Lovern alongside will only make him better..
WOW I missed this prediction didn't I..... Great job Belfry.. hope to see ya in a couple of weeks....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats Pirates
Congrats Pirates
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
I would love to see the J.C./Belfry game next week!! Good win Pirates and best of Luck next week against J.C.!!
Congrats Belfry
About what I expected from this game. I have seen East play. Russell handled them pretty easily so it should go without saying that Belfry should too.
Good game Pirates, now get your heads right for the JC game...
Congrats Belfry
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have never witnessed that many penalties in a single game in ym life. Don't think I am saying that Belfyr got shafted either, both teams had numerous bad calls made. Probably over half of tonight's penalties were wither plasy that had nothing to do with the outcome, or tick-tack calls that should have never been made. Tons of unsportsmanlike conduct penatlies and eprsonal fouls, yet at no point did the refs call the captains over and/or the coaches to try to settle it down.

Geez, this post sounds a little familiar. I guess you just love going to public forums and bashing officials. The officials DID talk to the captains of both squads and they DID talk to both coaches in order to settle things down. Just because it's not a conference in the middle of the field with each team's captains present does not mean that the officials didn't talk to them. Again, you may know football and I will never question that but you do not officiating or officiating mechanics. On another (yet far insuperior Big Grin ) website, you were bashing the officials because a player attempted to trip the ball carrier and you could't believe that the officials didn't say anything to the player attempting the trip. That tells me your knowledge of officiating because it's a perfectly legal play. I do however respect your opinion and you are entitled to it and while I completely agree with your knowledgable football comment, I don't hold much merit to your officaiting comments.
Congrats Belfry..G/L againts JC next week
was this on the road or at home for belfry?
It was at East Carter
Wow what sloppy playing by both teams in this game. I think the officials had their hands full with both teams. I love Belfry but I have preached on this site for 2 weeks about our Pirate attitude. It great to be aggressive , BUT when you rack up 100 yards in penalties your not aggressive your playing with your emotions and not your head. Coach Haywood will not stand by and let his players get personal foul penalties without them paying a price come Monday morning. Get ready Pirates this is going to be a long week of practice. You will be a discipline player if you play for Haywood that one of the qualities that make him a great coach. Boys don't lose what makes Belfry one of the greatest teams in the state and thats CLASS. You have thousands of former players watching you , Win with class or Lose with class but don't become thugs.

Former Player from 1984-1987
Pirate4Life Wrote:Wow what sloppy playing by both teams in this game. I think the officials had their hands full with both teams. I love Belfry but I have preached on this site for 2 weeks about our Pirate attitude. It great to be aggressive , BUT when you rack up 100 yards in penalties your not aggressive your playing with your emotions and not your head. Coach Haywood will not stand by and let his players get personal foul penalties without them paying a price come Monday morning. Get ready Pirates this is going to be a long week of practice. You will be a discipline player if you play for Haywood that one of the qualities that make him a great coach. Boys don't lose what makes Belfry one of the greatest teams in the state and thats CLASS. You have thousands of former players watching you , Win with class or Lose with class but don't become thugs.

Former Player from 1984-1987

Very well said :Clap: