Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Top 10 Players
Whats your top 10 players for 07-08 season in the 15th Region?

1) Landon Slone - Paintsville
2) Ashley Hatfield - Shelby Valley
3) Elisha Justice - Shelby Valley
4) JD Vanhoose - Paintsville
5) Jacob Bryant - Shelby Valley
6) Jarrod Newman - Betsy Layne
7) Daniel Harmon - Pikeville
8) Jordon Hall - Prestonsburg
9) Shane Grimm - Paintsville
10) Deven Adams - Pikeville

These are all fine athletes and there are more in the region, if you have an opinion about my top 10 players fill free to criticize.

Good luck to all the boys and girls on the upcoming season!
looks good, but I dont think harmon is playing this year
that looks pretty accurate. but i heard harmon wasn't playing, too.
Daniel Harmon more than likely won't be playing, along with the Baker boy at Pikeville.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Daniel Harmon more than likely won't be playing, along with the Baker boy at Pikeville.

Any reason why?
Harmon is not playing neither is baker.
blackcat_student Wrote:Any reason why?
They just simply don't want to.
The reason Harmon isn't playing...actually two reasons.....Devin Burchett and Gatlin Clark. They have passed him up. Baker probably saw the writing on the wall because he would have been riding the pines. The Pikeville coaches really like Patrick Keene. Keene is a much better player and works much harder than Baker. Patrick doesn't have the bad attitude and poor work ethic that Baker has. So it is a win-win for everyone involved as far as Harmon and Baker not playing.
blackcat_student Wrote:Whats your top 10 players for 07-08 season in the 15th Region?

These are all fine athletes and there are more in the region, if you have an opinion about my top 10 players fill free to criticize.

elisha justice is alot better than ashley hatfield yea he is tall but justice can do just about anything...
bball fan Wrote:The reason Harmon isn't playing...actually two reasons.....Devin Burchett and Gatlin Clark. They have passed him up. Baker probably saw the writing on the wall because he would have been riding the pines. The Pikeville coaches really like Patrick Keene. Keene is a much better player and works much harder than Baker. Patrick doesn't have the bad attitude and poor work ethic that Baker has. So it is a win-win for everyone involved as far as Harmon and Baker not playing.

I don't know alot about the work ethic and attitude of Baker but I think Burchett, Clark and Keene will be a hugh asset to Pikeville. Clevinger has a very good work ethic and was Pikeville's leading scorer his Freshman year and Co-leading scorer with Harmon last year (a few points difference.) With Honaker, Adams, Clevinger and Bell you have a solid base as each of the players have gotten stronger and have expereince. Add Burchett, Clark and Keene to the mix and that's a recipe for a great year! As far as Harmon being passed up by these other players I guess we'll just have to wait and let them prove themselves. I hope you are right!
Panther Thunder Wrote:They just simply don't want to.

That's a good reason not to play. If they did play and did niot want to, it would show on the court. I wish both these guys the best whether they play or not.
bball fan Wrote:The reason Harmon isn't playing...actually two reasons.....Devin Burchett and Gatlin Clark. They have passed him up. Baker probably saw the writing on the wall because he would have been riding the pines. The Pikeville coaches really like Patrick Keene. Keene is a much better player and works much harder than Baker. Patrick doesn't have the bad attitude and poor work ethic that Baker has. So it is a win-win for everyone involved as far as Harmon and Baker not playing.
Harmon is the teams best player, so why would you think its a "win-win" situation? That statement makes you sound like you have an ulterior motive for yourself instead of the team.
I agree Harmon was their best player. Him and Honaker made that team go last year. Plus, how much does Bobby Hughes' injury hurt Jordan Hall? He is going to see double teams every night.
id say phillip francis and tyler hunley would be in there somewhere from magoffin
blackcat_student Wrote:Whats your top 10 players for 07-08 season in the 15th Region?

idk if I'd have Jordon Hall in there and like mentioned Harmon isn't playing......But I would have Matt Clevinger and Dustin May somewhere in the top 10...JMO
You guys have a decent list of top 10 players.I do think however that I would have included Jaryd Crum on there!! You also overlooked Justin Murray,Ian Welch,and the Bundy kid.
I think it would be very hard to do a top 10 this year. There are IMO, 3 teams that are a level above the rest. Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and Paintsville. A person could just about fill the top 10 players from those three teams. I am just surprised that so far, no one has mentioned Jordan Bell yet. After the showing he had in the regions last year to not even get a mention.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
meganwillis10 Wrote:I agree Harmon was their best player. Him and Honaker made that team go last year. Plus, how much does Bobby Hughes' injury hurt Jordan Hall? He is going to see double teams every night.

I'm sure he will see double teams alot, but with the point guard play of Jody Tackett and Taylor Clark will help him get some shots. But he will score almost 70% of Prestonsburg's points this year.
I hear BL lost their big man. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Neither of those two kids even come close to being as good as Harmon. I think it is hilarious that two kids (only one with any varsity experience) are better than the region's pre-season 6th best player. Baker would have come off the bench and gotten some nice minutes. Baker does not have a bad attitude, you just like Keene more because he doesn't play football. Keene will be a nice player in time though. Any team that loses it's best player and a kid that provides nice depth is never in a win-win situation. Pikeville Basketball 07-08--District Runner-Up/Region Runner-Up
Eight years since the last region title in basketball, before that one it was 25 years. 2 titles in 34 years isn't very good.
Hey blackcat, has Bobby Hughes already had surgery on his ACL? If so, any indication of when he might hit the basketball court, or if he will be able to?
BCF4L Wrote:Hey blackcat, has Bobby Hughes already had surgery on his ACL? If so, any indication of when he might hit the basketball court, or if he will be able to?

He is having surgery on Monday, and will miss the upcoming season. His only hope of an athletic scholarship is baseball which he is already getting ready for.
I heard that the Ashley Hatfield is hurt anyone heard anything.?
gotcha2 Wrote:I hear BL lost their big man. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?
Did he get hurt, or is he just not playing? It would be bad if he decides not to or is unable to either one. I think he could have used the round ball to get a free college education.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Did he get hurt, or is he just not playing? It would be bad if he decides not to or is unable to either one. I think he could have used the round ball to get a free college education.

Newman will be playing this year for sure.
Fadeaway Wrote:Newman will be playing this year for sure.

Oh yes...He's going to be a factor and is playing.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Did he get hurt, or is he just not playing? It would be bad if he decides not to or is unable to either one. I think he could have used the round ball to get a free college education.

He was supposed to have been home schooled at some point- and is a 5th year Senior. Supposedly KHSAA was looking into it. I don't know how much truth (if any) there is to any of the remarks.

Since Danel Harmon isn't playing, I'll bump everyone else up and I'll add Betsy Layne guard Breenan Case too the 10 spot.
cardsfan Wrote:You guys have a decent list of top 10 players.I do think however that I would have included Jaryd Crum on there!! You also overlooked Justin Murray,Ian Welch,and the Bundy kid.
Which 4 would you take off to put them on it?
I wouldn't trade Crum or Murray for anyone on that list..at all! Bundy..not until the season starts to see if he's gonna be a team player. I know that young man has the talent, it's just he hasn't used that muscle between his ears. Hopefully he will use his senior year productively and show alot of people his heart is truly in the game. Welch can be a big factor for Johnson Central but he's on the football field right now..and good at that too.