Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Rogers Clark 43 Pikeville 38 (Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)
Very proud of the Panthers..they have NOTHING to hold their heads down about.
Pikeville fought hard, I thought they were going to come back and beat GRC toward the end. Great game to listen to.
Great showing for the pike/Floyd all stars at Rupp
[-] The following 2 users Like Warthog's post:
  • Booger Branch Bandit, Diogenes
Couldn’t be prouder of this team!!! They showed the heart it takes to be worthy to wear Pikeville Maroon! Good Luck to GRC the rest of the way. I knew it would take a GREAT Team to beat us….HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
(03-18-2022, 04:16 PM)Warthog Wrote: Great showing for the pike/Floyd all stars at Rupp

I’m not from Pikeville and didn’t go to Pikeville, but after being around the staff and administration, and their sports programs for a while, I don’t blame ANY kid that gets the opportunity to transfer there to be a student athlete one bit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • BoondockSaint
^iLosers are always gonna take shots at those that are successful in anything in life.

Pikeville has some of the best facilities and coaches in the mountains and as well it's annually one of the top academic schools systems in the state...that Tribeca attracts student athletes.

(03-18-2022, 05:09 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: ^iLosers are always gonna take shots at those that are successful in anything in life.

Pikeville has some of the best facilities and coaches in the mountains and as well it's annually one of the top academic school systems in the state...that trifecta attracts student athletes.
(03-18-2022, 05:09 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: ^iLosers are always gonna take shots at those that are successful in anything in life.

Pikeville has some of the best facilities and coaches in the mountains and as well it's annually one of the top academic schools systems in the state...that Tribeca attracts student athletes.

Pikeville has some of the best facilities and coaches in the mountains and as well it's annually one of the top academic school systems in the state...that trifecta attracts student athletes.

You're spot on.  As I mentioned in another thread, I hear these same things around here about Corbin. Best academic school in the area and best in athletics, when all sports are considered. Sounds like Pikeville is the best in academics and athletics in that part of the state. Lesser schools envy those things.
Russell is much the same as Pikeville and that all the NEKY schools envy them due to also annually being one of the top academic schools in Kentucky and pretty good at sports as well. I just overlook the haters.
[-] The following 2 users Like GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • BoondockSaint, PHSFAN
(03-18-2022, 06:08 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Russell is much the same as Pikeville and that all the NEKY schools envy them due to also annually being one of the top academic schools in Kentucky and pretty good at sports as well. I just overlook the haters.

I no longer live in the city limits and there are 2 high schools closer to my house but both my daughter and son started out kindergarten at Pikeville Independent and both will attend high school there whether they choose to play sports or not...but I've got a hunch both will lol.  I'm just really hoping my daughter chooses any sport over cheerleading lol.
Pikeville was much better than I thought they would be. A few more shots drop and this may be a different conversation. Very likely that they just lost to the State Champion or Runner-Up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Head_Viper's post:
  • Hambley
Pikeville was underrated all year. The defense has been lights out all year just would have a game or two where they shot horribly. Credit GRC with great defense, but still couldn’t hit open looks. One of those guys get 6-8 points more and Pikeville would be playing tomorrow. As for the Pikeville hate locally this year, when you are good people get jealous and just hate on you, simple as that. Burns them up to lose to Pikeville. So much so they comment on Pikeville posts lol. Amazing year Panther basketball! (Lookin pretty good next year to)
Good run Panthers. Put together a very special season.
Pikeville played hard, got to hit the recruiting trail hard again this summer and get back!
(03-18-2022, 09:44 PM)FallRock Wrote: Pikeville played hard, got to hit the recruiting trail hard again this summer and get back!
Man you guys don’t take a day off huh. You know where your complaining gets you? Saying the same thing year after year while you lose. I’m ok with it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hambley's post:
  • jetpilot, Milkcrate52
Pikeville is on the clock now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WinkWinkler's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Props to the people giving the Panthers their due. But the losers will always be losers and will always be miserable, and all decent people can spot them a mile away...
(03-18-2022, 10:56 PM)Hambley Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 09:44 PM)FallRock Wrote: Pikeville played hard, got to hit the recruiting trail hard again this summer and get back!
Man you guys don’t take a day off huh. You know where your complaining gets you? Saying the same thing year after year while you lose. I’m ok with it.
I'm not only ok with it, I love it. You can always tell who the winners are by who the losers are crying about...
(03-18-2022, 11:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
I'm not only ok with it, I love it. You can always tell who the winners are by who the losers are crying about...

who is crying? pikeville gets most of their players from transfers, no different than corbin. It is what it is! good for them, stating facts isn't always complaining. Just rarely works out for either in the long run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(03-19-2022, 12:04 AM)FallRock Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 11:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

who is crying? pikeville gets most of their players from transfers, no different than corbin. It is what it is! good for them, stating facts isn't always complaining. Just rarely works out for either in the long run.
You are crying and don't know what you're talking about. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Crying loser.
Outstanding performance by the Pikeville Panthers! Man, so close! But that's the way it goes sometimes. Coach Justice will have his boys ready to make another run at Rupp next year, you can believe that. Good luck to GRC the rest of the way.
[-] The following 2 users Like #55PirateFan's post:
  • jetpilot, Panther Thunder
Pikeville all over the transfer portal, recent fumor they are picking up three of Cal Cats that are unhappy..... Allen, Collins and Hopkins
^^^Thread Db level: Through the roof and more on the way.

Eat it losers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(03-19-2022, 12:20 AM)Tennesseewarior Wrote: Pikeville all over the transfer portal, recent fumor they are picking up three of Cal Cats that are unhappy..... Allen, Collins and Hopkins
*warrior* for all the illiterates on here...
(03-19-2022, 12:20 AM)Tennesseewarior Wrote: Pikeville all over the transfer portal, recent fumor they are picking up three of Cal Cats that are unhappy..... Allen, Collins and Hopkins
what's a fumor
(03-19-2022, 12:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
*warrior* for all the illiterates on here...

Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-19-2022, 12:20 AM)FTennesseewarior Wrote: Pikeville all over the transfer portal, recent fumor they are picking up three of Cal Cats that are unhappy..... Allen, Collins and Hopkins
I refuse to get upset at someone who can’t spell…
Nothing to hang their heads over for Pikeville as GRC could win the whole thing. The Pikeville kids will remember this season for the rest of their life. There are a lot of kids throughout the state that would like to have been in the Panthers situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • Panther Thunder
(03-19-2022, 12:52 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 12:20 AM)FTennesseewarior Wrote: Pikeville all over the transfer portal, recent fumor they are picking up three of Cal Cats that are unhappy..... Allen, Collins and Hopkins
I refuse to get upset at someone who can’t spell…
"recent fumor" from FTennessee"warior" LMAO!
(03-18-2022, 11:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Props to the people giving the Panthers their due. But the losers will always be losers and will always be miserable, and all decent people can spot them a mile away...

Congrats Jet on your team's superlative season. Nothing to hang heads about. They played GRC straight up strong. As much as we would have liked to have seen them win it all, they provided their fans with a great journey this season. I've always said that much of the fun is in the journey that our teams take us on. I was heartbroken that my Bengals were unable to finish the deal in the Superbowl but what a helluva journey they took us on just to get there. Same for the Panthers. Congratulations, my friend!!!

These people(who sound like twelve year old girls) that are taking pot shots at Pikevile despite the Herculean effort they put forth against the state's best team look really, really small and petty. Lots of people with some serious penis envy.

Seriously, what's not to admire about the season that Pikeville put together and the great run they had in the Sweet Sixteen. Folks can keep on keeping on about how Pikeville and Corbin cheat but those two schools will keep on performing in the lofty percentiles in the classroom and winning games at greater than 80% and 90% rates. All the detractors of schools with great academic and athletic programs like PHS and CHS can just keep sucking balls.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hell of a season for Pikeville. Just needed a few more open looks to fall and all the haters are sweating bullets. Only losing 3 games all season is impressive. Heck, my team lost 2 in one day hahaha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Panther Thunder