Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 93 Cordia 87 (14th Region Semi-Finals)
Final from Breathitt.

Man what a dandy this one was. Isfort with over 40 for Estill.

Cordia was up double digits in the 4th but Estill made a rally. I think the game changing turn was when Cordia player got T'd up. Announcers said it was because he smacked an Estill player. Not sure on that.

Estill moves on to the 14th Region Championship.
I couldn’t have cared less who won this but the calls and no calls down the stretch were just brutal for Cordia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pocoboy18's post:
  • ThePowellPirate
(03-06-2022, 05:49 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: I couldn’t have cared less who won this but the calls and no calls down the stretch were just brutal for Cordia.

Did you not see the first half? Cordia was in bonus before 1st quarter was even over with. Estill had a lot more fouls than Cordia did in the 1st half.
(03-06-2022, 05:51 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 05:49 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: I couldn’t have cared less who won this but the calls and no calls down the stretch were just brutal for Cordia.

Did you not see the first half? Cordia was in bonus before 1st quarter was even over with. Estill had a lot more fouls than Cordia did in the 1st half.
that’s why i said “down the stretch”. they were horrible all game but in the last few minutes all the calls were one sided.
(03-06-2022, 05:59 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote:

that’s why i said “down the stretch”. they were horrible all game but in the last few minutes all the calls were one sided.

IMO the last few minutes were like the 1Q. at one point Estill had 10 to Cordia 5 fouls in the 1Q alone.
(03-06-2022, 06:00 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 05:59 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote:

IMO the last few minutes were like the 1Q. at one point Estill had 10 to Cordia 5 fouls in the 1Q alone.

You can’t play like cordia does and complain about calls. The fouls are always gonna be one sided.
They press the entire game. Estill played a zone almost the entire game.
The team that presses always has more fouls than the team that is playing zone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 14th region fanman's post:
  • ThePowellPirate
Don't take anything away from Estill.
They are well coached and their players stepped up for 2 games in this tournament. I figured if it was a high scoring game it would benefit the Lions. But Estill just kept chugging.

Well done Estill.
Enjoy the win.
I did notice that Cordia has a very, very thin bench. Maybe 10-11 players total. What's gonna hurt Cordia most is they lose three players (Johnson, Malone, Welch) which is two of they're top scorers. They do return Greg Brooks who is they're leading scorer and Robinson (3rd leading scorer).
The refs weren’t the best ever I’ll say that for sure very inconsistent in my opinion on Both sides of the court games like that it comes down to who can adjust to way the game is being called and who can control there emotions with as bad as this game was called and cordia did a better job of that for most of the game but fell apart after the technical
Congrats to Brian Hall.
Congrats Cuz!  Bring home the Hardware tomorrow
Absolutely the right call both times. Amazing that the same team benefits late in back to back games from a spiked ball.
Anyone else find it odd that none of cordias players were in the post game conference with BSN? Just the head coach.
This was a good game. Cordia showed a lot of heart. They sure improved a ton throughout the season. Very dangerous team. Thought Coach Farler done a great job.
Very happy to see Brian Hall lead the Engineers to the 14th Region Championship game. Perry Central will be the obvious favorite, but I'll be rooting hard for them to pull the upset.
I just watched the first half of this one on bluegrass sports nation and I thought it was pretty evenly called.. I’ll let ya know about the second half. Been a great ball game so far.
(03-06-2022, 06:12 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: I did notice that Cordia has a very, very thin bench. Maybe 10-11 players total. What's gonna hurt Cordia most is they lose three players (Johnson, Malone, Welch) which is two of they're top scorers. They do return Greg Brooks who is they're leading scorer and Robinson (3rd leading scorer).
They will just bus some more players in next season. I hope you don’t think those players were grown in Lotts Creek.
Ah idk. There was some good calls and bad calls in the second half. Congrats to Estill. Let’s see if they can be beat Perry. I doubt it

Both teams played hard