Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 74 Harlan Ind 58
South Laurel 74
Harlan Ind 58
(03-02-2022, 10:18 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: South Laurel 74
Harlan Ind 58

Figured this one would be a lot closer.  South is playing some good ball. They may give Knox all they can handle.
Jeff Davis might be the best coach in the region. The guy gets it done year in and year out. This isn’t the most talented team South has had by a long shot, but they’ve steadily gotten better.
(03-02-2022, 10:46 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Jeff Davis might be the best coach in the region.  The guy gets it done year in and year out.  This isn’t the most talented team South has had by a long shot, but they’ve steadily gotten better.

They play fundamentally sound basketball and their team defense may be the best in the region.  If they continue to shoot the ball well, they may just win the region.
Knox/South should be a dandy.
South looking hot and knox started super slow, let’s see if patterson can wake them up or south might pull it off
South is always steady and difficult to beat. Jeff Davis is a fine coach, would think he’d have more than 1 region title but there is no denying he’s a top 3 coach in the region.
(03-02-2022, 10:46 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Jeff Davis might be the best coach in the region.  The guy gets it done year in and year out.  This isn’t the most talented team South has had by a long shot, but they’ve steadily gotten better.
He IS the best coach in the region , imo.  A lot of times his teams don't wow you with star-studded talent but Jeff's squads will get after you on defense and just out grind you. Glenn Gray was impressive with what he did to stymie the Cards in last years semis.  I hope Davis has something special planned for Knox.

(03-02-2022, 11:41 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

They play fundamentally sound basketball and their team defense may be the best in the region.  If they continue to shoot the ball well, they may just win the region.

Agree. Best defensive team. They'll have to shoot well, though, to win two more games. If they do, I agree that they could win the region.
South goes as there defense goes. They are just a little better than average offensively, but by far the most fundamentally sound defensive team in the region.
I got to watch Bell/Corbin game, but I couldn't watch this one. I wanted to watch it because either team could've won and it wouldn't have surprised me. However the margin of victory does surprise me. Wish I could have seen this! Wonder how the game went down.
This score surprised me more then any game played in the post season yet.