Who cuts down the nets?

Cordia
gm 1                 Cordia
Hazard
                          gm 5                  Cordia
Estill
gm 2                  Wolfe
Wolfe
                                                    gm 7                    BREATHITT

Breathitt 
gm 3                Breathitt
Knott
                          gm 6                 Breathitt
Perry
gm 4                  Perry
Powell

gm1-    Cordia has the better athletes and pulls out a close win
gm2-    Wolfe killed Estill earlier this season but lost to them lately (minus Tolson)     
gm3-    Breathitt just has the better team.
gm4-    Perry in a blowout
gm5-    Cordia (in a close game)   Wolfe gets another region final four banner
gm6-    Breathitt in a slug fest   (home court advantage is just too much)
gm7-    Breathitt comes out flat (still up from the PCC game)   But mounts a rally to come back late   
Perry been holding back as of late. Got some more cards to pull out of the deck vs Breathitt. Just what I’ve been hearing from Dore fans.
The Perry-Breathitt game will come down to Collins. If he competes like he did against Wolfe Breathitt will be hard to handle. If he gets pushed around and loses his focus Perry will win.
(02-28-2022, 12:15 PM)catsrule Wrote: Who cuts down the nets?

Cordia
gm 1                 Cordia
Hazard
                          gm 5                  Cordia
Estill
gm 2                  Wolfe
Wolfe
                                                    gm 7                    BREATHITT

Breathitt 
gm 3                Breathitt
Knott
                          gm 6                 Breathitt
Perry
gm 4                  Perry
Powell

gm1-    Cordia has the better athletes and pulls out a close win
gm2-    Wolfe killed Estill earlier this season but lost to them lately (minus Tolson)     
gm3-    Breathitt just has the better team.
gm4-    Perry in a blowout
gm5-    Cordia (in a close game)   Wolfe gets another region final four banner
gm6-    Breathitt in a slug fest   (home court advantage is just too much)
gm7-    Breathitt comes out flat (still up from the PCC game)   But mounts a rally to come back late   

Estill was also without one of they're best players in Kade Benton in the win over Wolfe. Should be a dandy of a game this turn around.
Will the "dandy" curse be in effect? Seems like more often than not when someone predicts a "dandy" it's anything but. I think that is the most overused word when it comes to high school sports in Kentucky.
This draw looks a lot like last years draw. Who can pull together 3 straight wins and become region CHAMPIONS? Is it your defending 14th region champs? I don’t think so, they lost way too much and can’t pull it together late in games to seal the W.

I think Cordia has a good chance of making it to the championship game in that upper bracket. Bottom bracket, I’m gonna go with Perry. It will be hard, beat BHS at home with that crowd..but if any team can this year, it’s Perry.
I’m gonna say Cordia vs. Perry for the crown.
5 different teams have went out of this region in the past 6 years. Perry being the only team to go twice. Wolfe, Cordia, Breathitt, and Powell are the 4 in the tournament that hasn’t won in the past 6 years.

Cordia and Wolfe both have a shot at going to the championship game out of the top bracket. Hazard will be tough though as they always are in tournament play.

Realistically, Powell can’t put 3 good games together and win. Perry will beat them 25.

Breathitt has home court advantage and will be my pick to win it. I think they roll past Knott and beat Perry by 10/12. Only trouble they have is if they meet Wolfe in the championship game.
Don't count out Estill to get the Championship game. They got a decent draw. They will have to play well to beat Wolfe, but don't write them off just yet. Don't think they have enough firepower to win the whole thing, but can make a run at it.
I’m not knocking Estill, I was just talking about the 4 teams in the tournament that hasn’t won the region in the past 6 years. I don’t think they can knock Wolfe off though but I could be wrong.
Wolfe and Estill in double overtime,

Headed to double overtime. 62 all.

Wolfe was up 2 with just seconds left, Estill misses what could have been game tying shot, Wolfe comes down with the board, Wilgus Tolson ends up with the ball, Estill fouls (had 5 team fouls after that), Tolson slams down ball in excitement, gets T'd up for it. Benton makes both shots to tie it up at 48-48. Isfort misses the game winning shot.

Estill was up late in the first overtime, until Wilgus Tolson hit two clutch three's to tie it.

Estill up 66-64 2:30 and counting and have the ball
Teams trading baskets. Estill 68-66. 1:30 to play .
Under a minute and Wolfe has no choice but to foul. Willis to the line for 2. no good. good.

Estill 69-66
Triple OT.

Willis missed the runner at the buzzer.

69 all
Benton with a deepppppp 3. 72-69 Estill.
Benton with a deepppppp 3. 72-69 Estill.

Ritchie with the layup.

Estill 72-71.
Isfort makes 1/2 FT.

Estill 73-71.
2:30 to play.

73 all.
Thompson with a huge 3. 

Wolfe 76-73.

2:12 to play. Estill ball.
Wolfe up 76-75

Isfort to the line for 2. good. good.

Estill 77-76

1:20 to play
Tolson to the line for 1 and 1. good. good,

Wolfe 78-77.
Estill ball and a timeout.

29 seconds to play. 

Wolfe 78-77.

Wilgus Tolson with 20 points in the second half.
Isfort misses but ball goes out off wolfe. Estill ball. 17 seconds
(02-28-2022, 05:28 PM)clipperw Wrote: Will the "dandy" curse be in effect? Seems like more often than not when someone predicts a "dandy" it's anything but. I think that is the most overused word when it comes to high school sports in Kentucky.
I think it’s safe to say that was indeed a dandy!!!