Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin Co vs Belfry (15th Region Tourney) 3/2
Martin County and Belfry will kickoff the 15th Region tournament for the boys on Wednesday night at 6:30 pm.  Thoughts?
Martin County keeps riding the momentum after winning the 57th District.
I like Brady Dingess and Martin County in this one. The x-factor is whether Bol Kuir plays with more confidence and has a huge game for Belfry.
Belfry can't run from Martin County this time
(02-26-2022, 11:28 PM)SlickRick Wrote: Belfry can't run from Martin County this time
What are you referring to? Belfry has a chance to win this. Defense needs to pressure the ball ad force turnovers. Bol is 8 inched taller than anyone on Martin County. No reason he shouldn't dominate on the boards. He will have to protect the rim on D too.
He’s actually about a foot taller but still not very good at basketball.
Brady Dingess, Luke Hale and Jordan Dalton are peaking at the right time and leaving it all on the court the last few games.

Martin County wins this one
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Eagle Knows's post:
  • BallFan1952
Martin CO.  54-47
(02-27-2022, 02:27 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 11:28 PM)SlickRick Wrote: Belfry can't run from Martin County this time
What are you referring to? Belfry has a chance to win this. Defense needs to pressure the ball ad force turnovers. Bol is 8 inched taller than anyone on Martin County. No reason he shouldn't dominate on the boards. He will have to protect the rim on D too.

I'm referring to Belfry canceling on Martin County on 3 different occasions this season.
(02-27-2022, 10:46 PM)SlickRick Wrote:

I'm referring to Belfry canceling on Martin County on 3 different occasions this season.
What dates were they scheduled to play?
(02-27-2022, 10:46 PM)SlickRick Wrote:

I knew one game was canceled but not 3 and that was cause of the snow storm we got back in January. A lot of games were canceled nothing to do with running from anyone.
Can we all just take a moment and imagine the scenario if Trey James were still playing for Martin County.. I'd love to see Bol vs Trey.
(02-28-2022, 05:07 PM)The Scoop Wrote: Can we all just take a moment and imagine the scenario if Trey James were still playing for Martin County..  I'd love to see Bol vs Trey.

I thought of that the day of the draw after that game showed up in the bracket. I think if James was still at Martin County they'd be a strong favorite to win the 15th Region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes clipperw's post:
  • The Scoop
(02-28-2022, 05:30 PM)clipperw Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 05:07 PM)The Scoop Wrote: Can we all just take a moment and imagine the scenario if Trey James were still playing for Martin County..  I'd love to see Bol vs Trey.

I thought of that the day of the draw after that game showed up in the bracket. I think if James was still at Martin County they'd be a strong favorite to win the 15th Region.
I’m sure they would. So would any other team if they still had past players.
Trey would of already graduated and been gone. He elected graduate early and went to play at Iona for Rick Pinto
(02-28-2022, 05:38 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 05:30 PM)clipperw Wrote:

I’m sure they would. So would any other team if they still had past players.

Not any other team, a few yes but not all.
I will be pulling for Belfry but I will go with Martin County in this one...If Belfry brings their A game they probably win but I don't see that happening.

Even though I really hope my Panthers win the tournament and I really enjoy this year's Betsy Layne and Pike Central teams if Pikeville doesn't win I would root for them...having said that part of me would be happy to see Martin County playing at Rupp Arena after Covid robbed it from them 2 years ago.
(02-28-2022, 10:43 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: I will be pulling for Belfry but I will go with Martin County in this one...If Belfry brings their A game they probably win but I don't see that happening. 

Even though I really hope my Panthers win the tournament and I really enjoy this year's Betsy Layne and Pike Central teams if Pikeville doesn't win I would root for them...having said that part of me would be happy to see Martin County playing at Rupp Arena after Covid robbed it from them 2 years ago.
If Paintsville doesn’t win it all I’ll be rooting for Pikeville. As for this game it’s a toss up. Belfry have proven to be capable of forcing a LOT of turnovers. Never know how Martin co shooting will be. If hot they’ll be fine. If they go cold it’ll be a long night.
WPRG FB Stream
https://fb.me/e/1RBuB8xfw