Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central 62 Belfry 57 (60th District Championship)
Final from Phelps. 

Really surprised by this one
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It's difficult to change your team chemistry a week before the tournament and expect everyone to be happy. Belfry will be a quick out in the region tournament.
Got to watch game on live stream. Congratulations to Pike Central. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season but they showed they are better team. The Kuir experiment is not working out as planned. You can see he has not progressed as anyone would expected from last year. May have had 4 points and maybe 4 rebounds and more turnovers. Injection into the starting lineup was bad decision. I agree unless something big happens the Pirates are 1 and done in Regional tournament.
You guys acting like your schools wouldn’t insert a 7’3 player before tournament time is ludicrous lol
I think Belfry will make a run with the right draw.
(02-25-2022, 01:31 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Final from Phelps. 

Really surprised by this one
Why were you surprised? They had already beat Belfry twice. As long as Belfry avoids Pikeville first game there really isn't an advantage to 1 or 2 seed. BL/Lawrence are about even and so is Martin County/Paintsville.
(02-25-2022, 03:34 PM)Truewords Wrote: Got to watch game on live stream. Congratulations to Pike Central. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season but they showed they are better team. The Kuir experiment is not working out as planned. You can see he has not progressed as anyone would expected from last year. May have had 4 points and maybe 4 rebounds and more turnovers. Injection into the starting lineup was bad decision. I agree unless something big happens the Pirates are 1 and done in Regional tournament.

We definitely saw some different things in regards to Kuir, the biggest thing I saw was him posted up multiple times right under the goal with a 1ft+ height advantage and his teammates pulling bad jump shots as opposed to feeding him the ball.
(02-25-2022, 02:27 PM)jamesclay Wrote: It's difficult to change your team chemistry a week before the tournament and expect everyone to be happy. Belfry will be a quick out in the region tournament.
I said that back in the summer with this team. Building chemistry is extremely difficult with A team that players have been thrown together! Tough to beat teams that have played together for many seasons. Not including all the movement they’ve had as of late.

(02-25-2022, 03:34 PM)Truewords Wrote: Got to watch game on live stream. Congratulations to Pike Central. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season but they showed they are better team. The Kuir experiment is not working out as planned. You can see he has not progressed as anyone would expected from last year. May have had 4 points and maybe 4 rebounds and more turnovers. Injection into the starting lineup was bad decision. I agree unless something big happens the Pirates are 1 and done in Regional tournament.
I agree. No sense of togetherness. One or two focused on getting their numbers and that never works out. As for Bol, he seems like a fine enough young man but in my opinion, his level of play is about the same or maybe down from where it was last year. If someone honestly wanted what was best for this young man they should have gotten him somewhere that could have truly developed someone with his size. Our last game at Belfry he had 4 points 6 boards. I wish him the best but time is of the essence.
(02-25-2022, 05:11 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 02:27 PM)jamesclay Wrote: It's difficult to change your team chemistry a week before the tournament and expect everyone to be happy. Belfry will be a quick out in the region tournament.
I said that back in the summer with this team. Building chemistry is extremely difficult with A team that players have been thrown together! Tough to beat teams that have played together for many seasons. Not including all the movement they’ve had as of late.

I agree. No sense of togetherness. One or two focused on getting their numbers and that never works out. As for Bol, he seems like a fine enough young man but in my opinion, his level of play is about the same or maybe down from where it was last year. If someone honestly wanted what was best for this young man they should have gotten him somewhere that could have truly developed someone with his size. Our last game at Belfry he had 4 points 6 boards. I wish him the best but time is of the essence.
Bol can develop into something nice. Watching him workout in an individual setting or do drills he's very impressive but when he plays against people he struggles. Tools are there but doesn't use his height to his advantage. Anything he gets around the rim he should attempt to dunk it soon as he catches it but he brings the ball down and get it taken or jump ball call.