Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 48 Johnson Central 31
The Tigers advance to the 57th District Championship. This was an ugly, ugly game from both teams but Paintsville was just tougher all game long. They will be strong contenders with Pikeville to win the region.

For Johnson Central this is third year in a row that Paintsville has ended their season. In all three games it seemed like the talent level was pretty even but the Tigers were more aggressive and would win all of the 50/50 plays. Coach McKenzie will have to reset next year and they will lose 5 of their 6 main players to graduation.
I listened to this one...may very well have been the worst basketball game ever played. 26-17 late in the 3rd...
JC likes to take their time on offense and when you miss as many as they did tonight, you aren’t going to win. Congratulations to JC on a fine season.
Paintsville can win different styles of games. They can grind you down or win a shoot out. Fun times ahead!
Paintsville was 15-51 from the field tonight, 29%. JC 21%.
Ugly looking score
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think it’s beautiful.
The score line is a little deceiving. Paintsville lead by 6-10 points most of the game but JC had several chances to make the game closer. They just never could get the big shot to drop. Paintsville made a ton of free throws to extend the lead out.

You gotta give Landon Slone a lot of credit for the job he has done the last few years. His teams find a way to grind out wins.
^^^I hear you but 21% shooting makes it impossible not to grind out wins.
21 percent as a team, and still be in a relative position to win towards the end, good fight but sooner or later shots have to go in to win.
JC’s game plan was in effect from the tip. Slow the game down. One of the best defensive games I’ve seen. Neither team giving the other any room to breath much less to operate. Kinner took JC’s Big man completely out of the game down low. JC appeared gassed mid way of the 3rd, in a very HOT gymnasium. The temperature along with the slow grind and Paintsville’s Defense had the Eagles out of sorts for most of the game. Great win Tigers! Way to battle and prove to be one of the most physical teams in the Region!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
Lack of aggressiveness and physicality seams to have been a recurring theme for this team for the last several years.  Last time they beat Paintsville in the tournament, or any team in a game that mattered, they had some guys who could come off the bench and bring a physical style of play.  Yes, you have to have quality basketball players and "scorers" to compete in the post season, but you also better bring some "dogs"  if you expect to even make the regional tourney.
(02-23-2022, 02:10 PM)Eaglefan90 Wrote: Lack of aggressiveness and physicality seams to have been a recurring theme for this team for the last several years.  Last time they beat Paintsville in the tournament, or any team in a game that mattered, they had some guys who could come off the bench and bring a physical style of play.  Yes, you have to have quality basketball players and "scorers" to compete in the post season, but you also better bring some "dogs"  if you expect to even make the regional tourney.
I agree completely. JC has a little dip in individual talent but a big dip in toughness. Sometimes you just need guys that can play physical defense and can get 50/50 balls.