Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 75 Pike Central 69
Final from PC. 

#9 Pikeville finishes the regular season at 26-2. Panthers will have to be better to win in March.

Rylee Samons leads Pike High with 21. Hall & Robinson follow with 17 points each. 

Good fight from a young PC team.
Yes PC is a good team but Pikeville didn't seem to be on their A or B game. Very sloppy at times. This could be a case of a team peaking too early. Pikeville is very ripe to be upset in the 15th, would not surprise me in the least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHSFAN
Pikeville & Lawrence county 15th region championship game.
Martin Co beat Lawrence at Lawrence tonight. Region is wide open. Anyone who makes it to the Expo has a legitimate shot.
Before the start of this week, I thought the 15th Region would be like 2010 when Shelby Valley was the overwhelming favorite and everyone else was playing for 2nd. I've rethought that with Pikeville losing to Paintsville and then tonight Pike Central giving them a battle.

I still think Pikeville is the favorite, but I don't think its so much of a formality anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes clipperw's post:
  • PHSFAN
Congrats Panthers. Keep the ball rolling!
Could be the Panthers peaked to soon (no football starters). It also could be that they have a huge target on their back after winning the All A. Either way the Panthers have to up their game in this post season if they want to play at Rupp and make a run at this thing. Also gotta tip the cap to PC, they played well and battled back twice down double digits. My two dark horses going into these district /regional tournaments are Pike Central and Magoffin .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville is the favorite going into region tournament. Paintsville if they get there I believe is next up. Then 3 or 4 teams can win on any given night. Teams are throwing their best at Pikeville right now. Most nights they are finding a way to win and that’s a mark of a champion. I do believe the refs will play a part in tournament because they come from another region and 15th teams are not use to what they allow or don’t allow. We can all agree that happens every year.
Field is looking pretty good ?
I think a lot of teams will follow Paintsville plan to make the game ugly and rough! Depending on what region calls ours, will determine if they will let them play or call every touch.
There are going to be some broken hearts over the course of the next two weeks.
^ At the end of the season every team will have broken hearts besides ONE special team...that's what makes Kentucky high school basketball so special in my opinion.
(02-20-2022, 04:46 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: ^ At the end of the season every team will have broken hearts besides ONE special team...that's what makes Kentucky high school basketball so special in my opinion.
Exactly. Clay acts like only he has realized that sporting events may lead to disappointment for some...
(02-20-2022, 05:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 04:46 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: ^ At the end of the season every team will have broken hearts besides ONE special team...that's what makes Kentucky high school basketball so special in my opinion.
Exactly. Clay acts like only he has realized that sporting events may lead to disappointment for some...

Yeah that's what it is.