Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lynn Camp 69 Clay County 57
Game wasn't as close as the final score indicates. Game was over with by halftime. Total domination by Lynn Camp. This is Lynn camp's first win over Clay county in 82 years. Lynn Camp now has 19 wins on the season. Clay has 20 losses on the season.
I thought from reading on here that Clay was pulling out of their slump and starting to get it together after they'd played Corbin so close. Don't know what sadder, Clay losing to the Campers for the first time in 82 years or that it's taken Lynn Camp 82 years to beat them.
How low can it go?
Clay County fans must feel like they’re in an episode of The Twilight Zone. Both boys and girls teams are sure having struggles I never thought I would see. I’ve followed mountain basketball since the early 1960s and never seen the likes of it.
Coaching changes on the way?
Hahahahahahaha but things are getting better.
(02-15-2022, 01:16 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Coaching changes on the way?

No. Clay County Illuminati loves Gray, best coach since Keith  Big Grin
(02-15-2022, 11:56 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 01:16 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Coaching changes on the way?

No. Clay County Illuminati loves Gray, best coach since Keith  Big Grin
Yes sir. 6-20 ain't his fault. I just hope the Wildcats don't beat the football team. That's a Dubya for us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BUFFALO's post:
  • Bull got out!
Clay still has time to reschedule OBI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
It can’t get any lower than this. Once proud program loses to Lynn Camp.
This is disrespectful to the legacy of Coach Keith.
The school board is bigger than the program now...more important. LOL
#theenterprisewillguideyourfeelings
#everyoneknowsitallbutknowsnothing
#selfishnessabounds
#proofisinthepudding
#getacoachdedicatedtotheprogram
(02-15-2022, 01:13 PM)64SUR Wrote: Clay still has time to reschedule OBI.
Yes I agree...they have time to reschedule OBI because Clay has no games left on their schedule..... but when you have a coach who is afraid to lose to a smaller in county school how do people expect the players to come out and play hard and perform to their best abilities.  Gray once again proves he is a joke because he has no faith in his players....  I feel for the kids.
How long is Clay County going to put up with the current Coach if this year doesn't get the plug pulled?
The powers that be want it to be so bad when the next person takes over that it'll take years to build a winner. That way Gray doesn't look as bad. They will sabotage any attempt at immediate success by Gray's replacement...mark it down because they don't want people to look at them and say "we told you so". Either way, there's about 4-5 people who have been the major players in Clay's basketball demise. They thought Gray was set up to look like a hall of fame coach with the group he had the last 3-4 years and everyone saw how that worked out.
(02-16-2022, 03:21 PM)nedreader Wrote: The powers that be want it to be so bad when the next person takes over that it'll take years to build a winner.  That way Gray doesn't look as bad.  They will sabotage any attempt at immediate success by Gray's replacement...mark it down because they don't want people to look at them and say "we told you so".  Either way, there's about 4-5 people who have been the major players in Clay's basketball demise.  They thought Gray was set up to look like a hall of fame coach with the group he had the last 3-4 years and everyone saw how that worked out.

I see no Errors in this statement, and I agree.  This coaching stint has been tough on Glenn, but you absolutely have to respect him for hanging in there and giving it 100%, he had it made in life, and he wanted to step out of his comfort zone and coach, we need more people like him.  Lots of people think they can coach at a varsity level, few get the opportunity to discover maybe it's not the best fit, sometimes we have to toss in the towel, pass the torch in a respectable way, and let someone else take the reigns, especially if it deals with the lives of our youth.   Dealing with young lives in any capacity is a heavy responsibility, few have the gifts to succeed, youth lives and opportunities should never be used as a political tool like it is in so many small towns.  Time is fleeting it, slows for no man, and not even one week especially one season should ever be wasted on a failed experiment at the cost time in our youths lives.
(02-16-2022, 03:21 PM)nedreader Wrote: The powers that be want it to be so bad when the next person takes over that it'll take years to build a winner.  That way Gray doesn't look as bad.  They will sabotage any attempt at immediate success by Gray's replacement...mark it down because they don't want people to look at them and say "we told you so".  Either way, there's about 4-5 people who have been the major players in Clay's basketball demise.  They thought Gray was set up to look like a hall of fame coach with the group he had the last 3-4 years and everyone saw how that worked out.
I don't understand. Why would the powers that be want a sports program to be bad, especially Clay. What about the girls program? It's went to **** in a handbasket. Burchells teams haven't won in awhile and this year is bad. Good players transferring to Jackson Co.. What's that all about? Did the powers that be decide for that program to be bad? With the Gray situation, what did you Clay guys think it would be like with the chairman of the board and his son both working for Coach Gray?
Too many people spouting nonsensical bullsh!t because they are pissed off.  If Mike Kryzewski was coaching at Clay this season they would still be in single digit wins. You can't win ballgames if you don't have talent on the floor. Clay simply is short on talent right now. It's not that they don't play hard it's simply that the players aren't very good right now.  When Gray has had some good players he has beaten some of the best teams in the region and had good wins across the state.  Bad players = lots of losses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • back country
(02-17-2022, 05:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Too many people spouting nonsensical bullsh!t because they are pissed off.  If Mike Kryzewski was coaching at Clay this season they would still be in single digit wins. You can't win ballgames if you don't have talent on the floor. Clay simply is short on talent right now. It's not that they don't play hard it's simply that the players aren't very good right now.  When Gray has had some good players he has beaten some of the best teams in the region and had good wins across the state.  Bad players = lots of losses.
LOL........once again you are blinded by your ignorance.......Glenn had talent for 4 years and did nothing with it.  It has nothing to do with this year.....everyone with a brain knew Clay would be down this year.....but they do have enough talent to where they shouldn't have lost to Jackson Co twice, Pineville, and a few others.......Clay has several kids that have potential to be very good.  Hayden Harris is only a sophomore with no experience and has the potential to be a really good player in the next few years but if Glenn is still there he has no chance.  I'd bet anyone any amount of money they would want to bet if Clay Countys JV coach (Hibbard) coached Varsity they would have more wins than Glenn.  You must either be related to Glenn, Hoskins, or Sexton or a loyal supporter of The Manchester Enterprise.
(02-17-2022, 06:12 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 05:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Too many people spouting nonsensical bullsh!t because they are pissed off.  If Mike Kryzewski was coaching at Clay this season they would still be in single digit wins. You can't win ballgames if you don't have talent on the floor. Clay simply is short on talent right now. It's not that they don't play hard it's simply that the players aren't very good right now.  When Gray has had some good players he has beaten some of the best teams in the region and had good wins across the state.  Bad players = lots of losses.
LOL........once again you are blinded by your ignorance.......Glenn had talent for 4 years and did nothing with it.  It has nothing to do with this year.....everyone with a brain knew Clay would be down this year.....but they do have enough talent to where they shouldn't have lost to Jackson Co twice, Pineville, and a few others.......Clay has several kids that have potential to be very good.  Hayden Harris is only a sophomore with no experience and has the potential to be a really good player in the next few years but if Glenn is still there he has no chance.  I'd bet anyone any amount of money they would want to bet if Clay Countys JV coach (Hibbard) coached Varsity they would have more wins than Glenn.  You must either be related to Glenn, Hoskins, or Sexton or a loyal supporter of The Manchester Enterprise.
That's an untruth.  Clay had a lot of good wins over that span. Do I ,again, need to list all the good coaches and good teams he beat in the last few years? Beat some really good teams. Started out 16-0 one of those seasons. Didn't win a region but how many other teams did besides Knox.  The "Glenn Gray is a terrible coach" not only rings untrue it smells of personal animus. A lot of little Jimmy's saw a lot of bench time apparently.