Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Recruiting
What players are getting interest from Colleges and what Colleges is it. I do know a couple of players have been getting looks from UK.

(JK RAtliff, N. Dials - JCHS)

Who Else???
Eastern has been intrested in Prestonsburg LB Nathaniel Stephens, he took his visit when they played Samford, and they've been pretty high on him since last years EKU linemen camp. Junior LB Seth Setser has been invited to all the Kentucky games this year, pending on how well he does in camps over the summer will determine whether he is a division 1 prospect.
Proves my point about recruiting.. You have to make sure as a parent that your kid has been seen by colleges. If it be going to camps at the school or making film for their kids and flooding school,, ALL SCHOOLS with film starting at 8th grade. If it takes $2 to copy a DVD then make enough for all school to see. If you think that you are only good enough for DIV 1, and you dont make it.. WELL you dont make it. But if you are seen by all levels of colleges you have the ability to select the school rather than having the school select you.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Adam Dials from Sheldon Clark was given season tickets from UK and is being recruited by them.
I doubt he was given season tickets, they may have told him that he could come to any games that he pleases and would be on the pass list. The reason I say this is because it would be a major recruiting violation. Back when I played in high school, one of my buddies I played with was getting looked at by UK. It was a cold day and he was on the sidelines so the staff loaned him a pair of receiving gloves to wear during the game but had to give them back with all the other recruits so it would not bring any infractions on their program.
GRIZZ Wrote:I doubt he was given season tickets, they may have told him that he could come to any games that he pleases and would be on the pass list. The reason I say this is because it would be a major recruiting violation. Back when I played in high school, one of my buddies I played with was getting looked at by UK. It was a cold day and he was on the sidelines so the staff loaned him a pair of receiving gloves to wear during the game but had to give them back with all the other recruits so it would not bring any infractions on their program.

The boys from Jc maydo and dials was given tickets for all the home games at UK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cards09 Wrote:The boys from Jc maydo and dials was given tickets for all the home games at UK

No he wasn't. "IF" they are really interested in him they will just tell him any time he wants to take a stroll down to Lexington to watch a game to give Coach Brooks or any other football coach a call and they will put him on the pass gate. Nothing wrong in that. But to say they sent a kid a package of tickets is just about as bad as sending him cash, clothing, or any other type of items in the mail to persuade his decision. Colleges that have set up visits for recruits to their games place the players name on a pass list, the only thing a kid can get in the mail are letters or anything else with no monetary value. UK went through the ringer because of Hal and I'm sure they wouldn't want to slip up again with things on the rise. I shot an email to my college's AD to see if I am correct with the understanding of this rule. Once I get a response I will gladly post it.
There are a few Seniors at LCC getting some looks from a couple of NAIA schools.
Personally I prefer the learning environment that a smaller school has to offer compared to a larger university. You are able to establish relationships with the professors, ask more questions, get the individual attention you need, plus the walks to class are a lot easier.
Cards09 Wrote:The boys from Jc maydo and dials was given tickets for all the home games at UK

A little research and I found this.

Bylaw 11.7.1.2). (Revised: 1/16/93, 1/11/94, 5/26/06)

(b) The individual may receive a maximum of two complimentary tickets to home athletics contests in the coach's sport. (Revised: 1/16/93)
from what i hear uk is handing out season tickets to everyone
Where the hell was I at when this was going down? Apparently like you said, 100+ players from EKY were given season tickets to UK games this season from the way everyone is talking.
NO NO NO. UK does not "hand out" season tickets. they tell the recruits that if they want to come to a game, they may bring a party of 3 (including theirself) and they may pick up complimentary tickets at a certain facility on game day. This would be the Nutter House or whatever its called. So they dont gice season tickets, they offer them to the recruits on gamedays.
Cash Wrote:NO NO NO. UK does not "hand out" season tickets. they tell the recruits that if they want to come to a game, they may bring a party of 3 (including theirself) and they may pick up complimentary tickets at a certain facility on game day. This would be the Nutter House or whatever its called. So they dont gice season tickets, they offer them to the recruits on gamedays.

Thanks for backing my point.:Thumbs: I posted the rule that the max amount of official visits that one can have to a game of their respective sport during the season was two, not the whole dang season like some were implying.
Yeah, to say they were given season tickets is rediculous. Families may have bought season tickets, but they are only allowed to visit and attend two home games for free as an "official visit".
Cardsftw2010 Wrote:Adam Dials from Sheldon Clark was given season tickets from UK and is being recruited by them.

I really hope he wasn't given season tickets from UK. I doubt very seriously they were given to him. That's an NCAA violation.

I doubt that very seriously too. After being in hot water after Mumme, UK is not going to jeopardized it's future by giving season tickets away. Where ever you heard this from is unreliable.
Cardsftw2010 Wrote:Adam Dials from Sheldon Clark was given season tickets from UK and is being recruited by them.

Why bother trying to get away with saying something this ludicrous?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They was not given season tickets... An whats funny to me everyone says Adam Dials is being recruited by UK, but he is nowhere to be found on the recruitment list on Catpause.com... I wonder why??? UK ask alot of people to come watch them play, that doesnt mean anything... They also give tickets to coaches to bring who ever they want, does that mean they are recruiting the high school coaches to come coach at UK??? NO!!! Some of these players would be lucky to play at a real small D-1 school let along UK, they would be lucky to play at a real good NAIA school...
Johnson Central has several players with interest from college's,Nathan Dials is being looked at by UK, Western KY.,Eastern Ky and a several more, Jk Ratliff by Uk and several other interested. Chase Richardson has visited Duke twice and has interest from several IVY League schools. Grim, Gourdoze and Ward will end up somewhere.
What position is Dials being looked at by UK? I looked up their current targets for DL/DE and LB and didn't see his name on their list. I did see JK's name at the QB spot. I'm not sure how it will work out for him since they have signed two QB's in the last week. I hope those boys get the chance to play at the D1-FBS level of college football. I think the last player to go D1 out of high school was Jesse Peck to Marshall. Paul Webb signed with UK as a grey shirt and not sure if he ever went down. Those boys can play at the next level, all they need is a chance.
No one from this area will be wearing blue and white!!! Come on guys...these aren't your dad's Cats!! In case you haven't noticed Kentucky has some unbelievable athletes right now and it is a waste of time to say anyone from JC, Sheldon Clark, Pikeville, or anywhere else in Eastern Ky can go to UK. Sorry to bust your bubble but it is the truth. Yes, they may entertain them on a few Saturdays and send them some letters but the kids that have been mentioned will never be offered a scholarship there...PERIOD!!!
bball fan Wrote:No one from this area will be wearing blue and white!!! Come on guys...these aren't your dad's Cats!! In case you haven't noticed Kentucky has some unbelievable athletes right now and it is a waste of time to say anyone from JC, Sheldon Clark, Pikeville, or anywhere else in Eastern Ky can go to UK. Sorry to bust your bubble but it is the truth. Yes, they may entertain them on a few Saturdays and send them some letters but the kids that have been mentioned will never be offered a scholarship there...PERIOD!!!

Exactly.... I agree 100%. Dials, Grimm, and a few others are great athletes don't get me wrong. But neither will be getting full rides from UK they don't have the size, strength or the speed for a team in the SEC.
I can't honestly see any Senior from the mountains being offered a scholarship by UK. If you were looking at potential targets, the two that would top the heap would be Nathaniel Dials (mobile DE with good size) and Dustin May (6'2 220 LB with good speed and hands), unless somehtign drastic happens you won't see either being offered a scholarship by UK.

UK only has 15 scholarships available this year, and you can bet your bottom dollar they are holding those tight until this season plasy out a little longer and their stock rises with several recruits nationally.

Next year, the Merrick kid at Bell County may earn an offer for kickingm but aside from that picking will be slim once again.

Adam Dials will not be offered a scholarship by UK regardless of how inflated his stats get, he is nowhere near fast enough to play HB, he does not have the body type to be a FB, and defensively he is nowhere near the calibur of a May or Nathaniel Dials.
TakeItToTheHouse/The2nd Wrote:Exactly.... I agree 100%. Dials, Grimm, and a few others are great athletes don't get me wrong. But neither will be getting full rides from UK they don't have the size, strength or the speed for a team in the SEC.

Dials benches 325
Runs a 4.6
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I can't honestly see any Senior from the mountains being offered a scholarship by UK. If you were looking at potential targets, the two that would top the heap would be Nathaniel Dials (mobile DE with good size) and Dustin May (6'2 220 LB with good speed and hands), unless somehtign drastic happens you won't see either being offered a scholarship by UK.

UK only has 15 scholarships available this year, and you can bet your bottom dollar they are holding those tight until this season plasy out a little longer and their stock rises with several recruits nationally.

Next year, the Merrick kid at Bell County may earn an offer for kickingm but aside from that picking will be slim once again.

Adam Dials will not be offered a scholarship by UK regardless of how inflated his stats get, he is nowhere near fast enough to play HB, he does not have the body type to be a FB, and defensively he is nowhere near the calibur of a May or Nathaniel Dials.
Or Tyler Jones.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Dials benches 325
Runs a 4.6

Is that bench and run time legit? He didn't look like he ran a 4.6 in the couple of times I've seen him play. Grimm is probably a 4.6 because he looks like he has about the same speed as Daniel Pugh and Grimm has the upper hand between him and Dials when it comes to speed. I think that bench could be a little inflated. 3 of the strongest high school kids I've ever seen, and they were all from the same family(Matt Brown, Ryan Brown, Jason Kinner) didn't bench that when they were high school seniors. Those guys were well put together football players when it comes to strength and size at their positions, and about the most solid physical build you will find in any player anywhere. To be able to pump out 325 you need to be able to at least get 25 reps of 185 or 16-18 of 225, I've done it several times and I topped out in that range every time and I bench over 340. What were his reps at the combine?
GRIZZ Wrote:Is that bench and run time legit? He didn't look like he ran a 4.6 in the couple of times I've seen him play. Grimm is probably a 4.6 because he looks like he has about the same speed as Daniel Pugh and Grimm has the upper hand between him and Dials when it comes to speed. I think that bench could be a little inflated. 3 of the strongest high school kids I've ever seen, and they were all from the same family(Matt Brown, Ryan Brown, Jason Kinner) didn't bench that when they were high school seniors. Those guys were well put together football players when it comes to strength and size at their positions, and about the most solid physical build you will find in any player anywhere.

As far as the strength goes, I could definitely see him benching 325. LCC has several players benching right at 300 and a few at 300 or more.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:As far as the strength goes, I could definitely see him benching 325. LCC has several players benching right at 300 and a few at 300 or more.

Could be, I'm just saying what I've seen first hand and making a comparison of his physical structure to theirs. Like I've said, those 3 I mentioned all took home awards their senior year at LexCath weight lifting contests in their weight class, and they couldn't get that much. Their body mass sizes probably double Dials' body mass. Not saying it couldn't happen though. Just asking if it was legit and gave my reason why I thought it could be inflated.
GRIZZ Wrote:Could be, I'm just saying what I've seen first hand and making a comparison of his physical structure to theirs. Like I've said, those 3 I mentioned all took home awards their senior year at LexCath weight lifting contests in their weight class, and they couldn't get that much. Their body mass sizes probably double Dials' body mass. Not saying it couldn't happen though. Just asking if it was legit and gave my reason why I thought it could be inflated.

Yeah, thats true, most of the guys I'm reffering to are linemen who are pretty big guys