Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cov Cath @ Ashland
Tomcat up 55-40 about 4 minutes left in the game.

66-50 about a minute to go

Final 71-60 Tomcats
Cov cath got jobbed.
(01-29-2022, 10:00 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Cov cath got jobbed.
I admit I don’t know what “jobbed” means. But it kind of has a tone that appears you might not have liked the officiating. 

I watched the game on streaming service and Ashland proved they are one of the top teams in the state when they are healthy and have the entire roster available. The game was physical and they let ‘em play to a degree, which is good because CovCath’s 6’6 240 Starks would have been fouled out early since he had about 10 fouls if all had been whistled. Ashland was just the better team yesterday. I think at one time they were up about 18 points. 
On another note, when Ashland lost at CovCath last year by around 10 points the Tomcats shot 2 free throws for the game and the Colonels shot 30. Just thought I’d throw that in there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Appalachian Cat
I was at the game. One team was allowed to play physical and it wasn’t Cov cath. Ashland is really good but I’ve never seen a team that is allowed to reach and slap so much. While the game was physical I thought Ashland was bailed out a few times with touch fouls on Cov cath. Then again 16th Region referees it’s either world wrestling federation or you are shooting 70 free throws.
I have never been an official nor would I ever want to be one but I have tremendous respect for those that take on the impossible task of high school basketball. I watched the game live and then again on MyTown and I thought the officials did a good job. They let them play and the game never got out of control which in my opinion made a good game. Ashland is guard heavy and they did allow some physicality but also made a few touch calls. Catholic had the size advantage and their "bigs" were also allowed to play physical. I don't believe the officials determined or even influenced the outcome of this game, which is what you want in any sport. I know two of the officials that worked this game and they are wonderful human beings and they try their best to be as consistent as possible........ as they have done for years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(01-31-2022, 01:22 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I was at the game. One team was allowed to play physical and it wasn’t Cov cath. Ashland is really good but I’ve never seen a team that is allowed to reach and slap so much. While the game was physical I thought Ashland was bailed out a few times with touch fouls on Cov cath. Then again 16th Region referees it’s either world wrestling federation or you are shooting 70 free throws.
I was at the game as well.  I thought the refs done a decent job.  Ashland wasn’t bailed out at any time.  Give those young men the credit they deserve.  It is completely fine to say, “Ashland is the better team.”
I watched this game. I thought the officials were ok. They missed some, but it was happening on both ends.